2 dreams while we were there!

kg66

DIS Veteran
On our 1st day in the parks we were at MGM and my 6 yo old and I were checking out Herbie The Love Bug, and there was a Dream Team Member standing there. My 6 yo said "hello", and the CM commented on how beautiful her smile was. DD said thank you and the CM said she had some stickers for her. She struck up a conversation with her, and DD told her we had driven from Canada, the CM said that she deserved more than just stickers for that long drive. She reached in to her Dream Bag, and pulled out a new DVD for DD to watch on the way home. It was a series with JOJO and other Disney preschool characters. She was thrilled.
The 2nd dream was while waiting in line at AK to see Lilo and Stitch, my friend's hubby was sitting on a bench waiting for us to finish up so we could go to the Lion King . There was a nice elderly couple sitting on the bench, and he struck up a conversation with him. After a few minutes, they asked where his family was. He explained they were in line for Lilo and Stitch. The couple asked if they could me his family. He brought them over to us and they introduced themselves as our new grandparents! They wanted to take us shopping for whatever we wanted at Island Mercantile or Outfitters, for 40% off. They are seasonal CM's staying at FW, and are given different things to pass out to Families who go out of their way to unknowingly talk to these CM's. Everyone had fun picking out goodies and treasures.
They may be smaller dreams comparable to some, but they sure brightened up our trip!

Very cool!! It's always so much fun starting conversations with others while at Disney!! This time it paid off for you!!

On our 1st day in the parks we were at MGM and my 6 yo old and I were checking out Herbie The Love Bug, and there was a Dream Team Member standing there. My 6 yo said "hello", and the CM commented on how beautiful her smile was. DD said thank you and the CM said she had some stickers for her. She struck up a conversation with her, and DD told her we had driven from Canada, the CM said that she deserved more than just stickers for that long drive. She reached in to her Dream Bag, and pulled out a new DVD for DD to watch on the way home. It was a series with JOJO and other Disney preschool characters. She was thrilled.
The 2nd dream was while waiting in line at AK to see Lilo and Stitch, my friend's hubby was sitting on a bench waiting for us to finish up so we could go to the Lion King . There was a nice elderly couple sitting on the bench, and he struck up a conversation with him. After a few minutes, they asked where his family was. He explained they were in line for Lilo and Stitch. The couple asked if they could me his family. He brought them over to us and they introduced themselves as our new grandparents! They wanted to take us shopping for whatever we wanted at Island Mercantile or Outfitters, for 40% off. They are seasonal CM's staying at FW, and are given different things to pass out to Families who go out of their way to unknowingly talk to these CM's. Everyone had fun picking out goodies and treasures.
They may be smaller dreams comparable to some, but they sure brightened up our trip!

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

That is great. No matter how small or expensive the dream it, it is wonderful. They are even all the more magical becuase they happen in Disney. I think that is great.

We did see something else happen to one family, but not sure what. As we were coming out of Crush at Epcot, there was a CM talking to a little girl, and she was so excited. But the Mother was esctatic! The little girl was holding her lanyard, looking at the back of the pins, and her Mom was saying, "We heard about checking the back of them, it's so cool".
What's this all about, any ideas. I mean the Mother was freaking out, jumping and screaming. I'd be curious to know what happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter