2 Person Scooter?

Last summer in Epcot, my husband and I saw an older woman and a younger woman on one. It was the size of an ATV. I have no idea how that got let in, but it should not have been. I wish I had a picture, but I thought it was rude to take one.

Last summer in Epcot, my husband and I saw an older woman and a younger woman on one. It was the size of an ATV. I have no idea how that got let in, but it should not have been. I wish I had a picture, but I thought it was rude to take one.
I have also seen it at EPCOT and had to do a double-take. You can google Dubble ECV and find pictures but they are not allowed in Disney

Dubble ECV

I had seen one at Epcot (not sure if it got into Epcot) that was more like a stroller with one seat behind the other.

I found a couple/few two-week ECVs online. They were 61", 64" , and 71" long. Two were tandem, so I think did fit the width, but the side by side was about 54" wide.

I found a couple/few two-week ECVs online. They were 61", 64" , and 71" long. Two were tandem, so I think did fit the width, but the side by side was about 54" wide.

Those 61/64/71" ones would be too long to fit in the template box, so would not be allowed. They have to fit both measurements, width and length, not just one.

I don’t know how the person that was mentioned got a 2 person scooter in, but the prohibited items list says ECVs should be single riderView attachment 463791
I was thinking the same thing, but I think the operative word here might be "should". I can imagine people with such a device claiming that because the would should was used instead of must that it is only a guideline and not enforceable. I do also question if they can limit the size of the ECVs permitted into the parks. Obviously they can limit them on transportation because only up to a certain size will physically fit. The same may be applied to queues, but assuming there are places that larger ECVs could be parked, I wonder if they can really enforce a size limit?

Again, note the word should in relation to size. Other parts of even that same bullet use the word must, so I am wondering if there is a reason it is worded in such a way. I don't know the answer here, just a thought that perhaps they have to allow multiple rider ECVs and larger ECVs but try to push for smaller and single rider ones to make it easier to deal with queues, walkways, etc.

Thanks everyone. Neither one trusts the other's driving, so we're going to go with 2 scooters.

There only a certain size scooter that can be. parked on a Bus. They really can not transport the bigger scooters.
Those 61/64/71" ones would be too long to fit in the template box, so would not be allowed. They have to fit both measurements, width and length, not just one.
Not exactly. On more than one occasion when an ECV exceeded the template, I informed the Guest and they immediately seeked out a manager who told me to load it. So after being overruled a couple of times, whenever I got an oversize ECV, I just loaded it. Some will fit.

Not exactly. On more than one occasion when an ECV exceeded the template, I informed the Guest and they immediately seeked out a manager who told me to load it. So after being overruled a couple of times, whenever I got an oversize ECV, I just loaded it. Some will fit.

Bet it wasn't safe though! But that would be on the manager, not you, luckily, if someone got hurt.

So all the tiedowns were in the correct place, at the right angle, etc?
I would be surprised if they were and I am even more surprised they allowed oversized on Disney Transportation. I was more referring to them just coming into the parks, not on the transportation.

So all the tiedowns were in the correct place, at the right angle, etc?
Not sure what you mean by right angle but everything was properly secured or I would have refused to load it regardless of what the manager said. Even though it exceeded the template, having been a bus driver for so long, I knew it would fit because I had loaded larger ECVs before they came up with the template idea. At that time we pretty much load everything. Also, I'm not talking a foot longer or wider, there is some leeway. This was before all the buses had the current securing system installed. Some buses had it and some didn't.

The angle of the straps is very important for maintaining stability. Makes me nervous just thinking that the bus drivers don't know that? But you say that you've loaded larger ones before, so the straps must be set to accommodate for that then. I've seen an ECV tip on a bus. It's scary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter