2 solo days in the World - WWYD?

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
I just booked myself two days at POP at the end of my girls' trip next Spring. I am treating myself since I will immediately fly to Texas to drive my Mom home from her Winter. (3 days in the car together earns me some fun)

WWYD with these two days? I'm not planning to go to parks unless there's an after hours event or I come into some after 5 tickets. I don't drink so a monorail crawl is out. I'm also not a shopper. Finally, I won't have a car.

I have a few ideas - touring some resorts I have never really seen before. Animal watching at AKL, electric parade and fireworks on the beach. All this assuming these things will be available to do when I go.

What other ideas do you have?

TIA!

Strolling around Downtown Disney is always nice, and I love to watch a movie at the theater there if there's a new Disney picture coming out when you're there! A little resort hopping is nice, too (and maybe lunch at Sanaa?)

Maybe as a slightly cheaper alternative, a water park? Also, a lot of the resorts have tours or scavenger hunts to do. I live here and I do the resort fun runs, if you're into running/walking or exercising.

Any particular reason you wouldn’t want to go into the parks during those two extra days? Depending on the length of your current tickets, it might be a tiny $10/day cost to upgrade those tickets for two more days... so even if you drop into the parks for a quick partial day it might be a great way to spend the time.

If you’re definitely not doing the parks, though I like your ideas. I’m now a pretty big fan of Disney Springs and resort visits. Disney has become a bit of a food destination, and Disney Springs and resorts both feature really great eats.

You could also check out a tour... if you’re a big fan of the parks, Backstage Magic doesn’t require a park ticket though it is a 7-hour experience that will take up a huge chunk of one day and is a bit more expensive.

I find the POP pool to be too overrun with kids to be considered relaxing, but exploring the POP and Art of Animation resort is worth a walk around.

For me, I couldn't resist doing Epcot. You'd be surprised how much fun it is to go to the parks solo. If the parks weren't an option, I would probably tour the resorts and stroll Disney Springs for sure.

Walk around The Boardwalk there's a lot to do there. I would also hang out around Disney Springs. If you do grab a park ticket Epcot would be my choice.

EPCOT of course.... I would probably resort hop one of the days, via monorail,skyliner, and boat....

I would visit the monorail resorts and time it to end up at one for the Magic Kingdom fireworks.

I find the POP pool to be too overrun with kids to be considered relaxing, but exploring the POP and Art of Animation resort is worth a walk around.

The Hippy Dippy pool sees a lot of children, but the others at the resort (Computer and Bowling) don't get too busy in my experience. I tried them all the last time I stayed there. AoA is a fantastic resort to just wander around in, too. Don't forget to take the circuit in the Skyliner!

Look into one of the tours. Take the time time to absorb a little history, imagineering that goes into Disney. Afternoon tea at GF. Spa treatment. Boardwalk. Bike ride.

Sleep in. Order breakfast. Ride the Skyliner and enjoy a drink and dessert at Riviera Resort. Swim. Read on your balcony. Explore Disney Springs. Go see the Irish shows at Raglan Road. Take lots of photos of pretty views everywhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter