20 year anniversary... going childless for the first time

DISNEY4XMAS

DIS Veteran
Hi I am Steph

Our 20th wedding anniversary this fall and my husband surprised me with a Disney trip. I was left to plan and he's paying. No Children invited, The 25 year old took it the hardest that she wasn't invited, the boys yeah they didn't care. This is our first Disney trip in 12 years, our last trip was in Dec 2007 we were there for Christmas. There were 6 of us. Now just there are 2 of us going that's a big change in planning a trip. This is my 4th trip to Disney and hubby's 3rd.

So here are the plans so far:
5 days 4 nights (3 full days in Disney)
Disney dining plan
Resort: Port Orleans riverside ~ river view
This will be our first time not staying at the Fort Wilderness cabins

Our flights leave late on Monday afternoon so we won't be arriving till 530 pm at MCO.
I'm assuming that it will be 7/7:30ish by the time we get to the resort.

Dinner the first night will be at chef Mickey's (husband's request)

First full day Tuesday - Animal Kingdom
Breakfast~ Boma 9 am ressies

Day 2 Wednesday - Epcot
Dinner~ Ressies Le Cellier . Still unsure if I want to keep this, as it's food and wine and I think I'd rather snack but .... I've really wanted to try here since I couldn't get a reservation 12 years ago. Any thoughts??

Day 3 Thursday - Magic Kingdom
Dinner ressies ~ Hoop Dee do review (hubby's request)

Day 4 Friday - Flight leaves at 1130 am :sad:

I also own a cricut so I have made t-shirts for each day , I'll post pictures in another post (it's been a while since I've posted on here)

Last edited:
Your plan looks well thought out to me. It looks like you grouped locations together when you could.

Arrival Day - I'm surprised your DH wants Chef Mickey's with no little kids, but if it's important to him for some reason, do it. (DH and I would have chosen something at Disney Springs, especially since the boat from POR is nice.)

Day 1 - I would look into taking an Uber/Lyft/M-van to breakfast, as the buses don't go resort to resort. Then you can take a bus from AK to the park. (I love AK, by the way!)

Day 2 - Keep the reservation! If you eat around W.S. for lunch, and then eat again at Le Cellier for dinner, you might regret overeating for a few hours. If you miss Le Cellier a second time, you'll regret it for much longer. Besides, the snacks aren't really that big, and you can share them.

Day 3 - Looks fine to me. I can't think of any advice.

Have a great trip!!!

So these are my shirts that I have made so far.

These are for our flight down
The Coach shirt is my Epcot shirt, I've actually found different shirts that I like better but this is already done so I am sticking with it, his shirt is the Grumpy Starbucks .
The poison apple will be my Magic kingdom day, my hubbies shirt is the 7 dwarf mine train

So for this trip I feel like there hasn't been much planning, well not as much as the last trip. Although that trip was 10 days 6 people and Disney's website wasn't as great as it is now. I searched for weeks for the perfect places to eat and scoured every menu and looked at all the trip reports. This trip I called my travel agent and said hey I want to try this place and that place, need to eat here and there and boom she had it done well except for OHANA, couldn't get in there for dinner.

We are excited to see Pandora. I'm hoping that with Star Wars opening that it won't be extremely busy. I'm not a huge star Wars fan and neither is hubby so we won't be doing that nor are we doing Hollywood studios, just not enough time. There are a few rides That I am looking forward to like the 7 dwarfs train ride at MK and I want to see The frozen sing along at Epcot and Flight of passage at Animal kingdom and get the hubby on the Yeti. He is not much of a roller coaster person but I've got him on a few lately.
My goal is to relax and enjoy ourselves and to eat/drink around the world.

Arrival Day - I'm surprised your DH wants Chef Mickey's with no little kids, but if it's important to him for some reason, do it. (DH and I would have chosen something at Disney Springs, especially since the boat from POR is nice.)

Day 1 - I would look into taking an Uber/Lyft/M-van to breakfast, as the buses don't go resort to resort. Then you can take a bus from AK to the park. (I love AK, by the way!)

Day 2 - Keep the reservation! If you eat around W.S. for lunch, and then eat again at Le Cellier for dinner, you might regret overeating for a few hours. If you miss Le Cellier a second time, you'll regret it for much longer. Besides, the snacks aren't really that big, and you can share them.
I honestly don't know why he wants Chef Mickeys other that its a buffet. He loves Buffets. I myself would have liked to do Disney springs and take the boat.

Do you know what the UBER cost? As that would allow us to sleep a little later.

Yes a for LeCellier I haven't cancelled it although our last visit it was just a single meal not a signature dinner. So that was part of the consideration of cancelling it. But as it is our anniversary it will make a nice ADULT dinner.

So we have 40 Days!!!! Final payment made today!!!
I am super stoked!!!
Everything is falling into place. Now just to finish my shirts, and start packing.

So has anyone done the bounce back deals? I was just reading about them, 2020 deal are for free dining during certain time. If I don't pick those certain times do I not get a deal or I just don't get free dining?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!