$200 photo christmas present?

Jax1023

DIS Veteran
My DH has offered to buy me $200 dollars of camera equipment of my choosing for Christmas.

My current setupt is- Canon t1i, 18-55, 55-250, 50 f/1.8, and tokina 11-16. As well as a crumpler 6mdh to carry it all.

We are headed to WDW in February.

I am thinking a travel tripod and remote shutter release. I have a really crappy tripod my dad owned in the 1970s which he gave me. But its dirty, missing a foot cover and weights about 20 pounds.

Good idea or any other suggestions? Thanks!

My DH has offered to buy me $200 dollars of camera equipment of my choosing for Christmas.

My current setupt is- Canon t1i, 18-55, 55-250, 50 f/1.8, and tokina 11-16. As well as a crumpler 6mdh to carry it all.

We are headed to WDW in February.

I am thinking a travel tripod and remote shutter release. I have a really crappy tripod my dad owned in the 1970s which he gave me. But its dirty, missing a foot cover and weights about 20 pounds.

Good idea or any other suggestions? Thanks!

do you have an external flash?

If your plan is to shoot the fireworks at WDW then I would recommend the travel tripod and remote.

Go with a tripod... And don't go with a cheap one... I would look at one that is in the $125-$150 range... I used to use a cheap tripod, and then someone pointed out to me that I am putting my $1500 camera on a $20 tripod... Didn't quite make sense to me that I am putting all my trust into this thing, so I went and bought a really nice Manfrotto... It has been so much better to shoot with... A lot lighter too since it comes with it's own travel bag... The remote is a great idea too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter