2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

Mama Della's at Portofino. Our favorite place to eat... we ate there twice this past trip :) I had the fettucine alfredo w/chicken and hubby had the chicken parm. I think the fettucine alfredo is to die for... it has a taste of nutmeg which I love.. also this place rocks because we were serenaded with our wedding song since we were on our honeymoon
IMG_1301.jpg IMG_1303.jpg IMG_4994.jpg

Emeril's Tchoup Chop at RPR dinner , Emeril's favorite fried rice, Bulgogi beef korean BBQ, and pancit bihon (maybe?) I can't remember what the other thing we got was, but it was tasty.
IMG_1462.jpg IMG_1463.jpg IMG_1465.jpg

Mama Della's second meal of the trip... chicken parm and butternut squash ravioli which was their special and was amazing
IMG_5520.jpg IMG_5521.jpg

Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour... I mixed the chocolate and raspberry with the salted caramel blondie... it was delicious!!!
IMG_5349.jpg

Looking for suggestions for our last dinner in the park this evening... is the fish and chips good at the Harry Potter restaurants? Mythos menu isn't grabbing my attention... how is lombard's?

Looking for suggestions for our last dinner in the park this evening... is the fish and chips good at the Harry Potter restaurants? Mythos menu isn't grabbing my attention... how is lombard's?

I realize this is too late to help you but hopefully it will help someone else in the future. I thought Mythos was fabulous - it wayyyy exceeded my expectations. I went there on a whim because nothing sounded good anywhere and I just needed to eat something, and it ended up being my favorite meal at Universal. I plan to go there every time I visit Universal.

I don't remember if I posted these pics from my quick trip in January so here goes.

I had a lovely lunch at Mytho's.
Calamari to start, ceaser salad and gnocchi. It was delicious
IMG_7457.JPG
IMG_7458.JPG IMG_7460.JPG
IMG_7461.JPG

Last edited:
Dinner at Toothesome Chocolate Emporium

Chocolate Cherry Mule drink was yummy.
IMG_7502.JPG

Onion soup
IMG_7508.JPG

IMG_7506.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_6719.JPG
Dessert at Toothesome. Three of us shared this and there was still plenty left.
IMG_6716.JPG
IMG_6717.JPG
My niece ordered the Too Chocolate Stout beer. It was good. I ordered the Peach Smash cocktail and it was huge.

Last edited:
The gnocchi looks delicious.. do you remember if the tomato sauce was smooth? I can't stand chunks of tomatoes :crazy2:

I don't recall there being any chunks of tomatoes in the sauce. Was very good. I'am pretty particular about my Italian gravy. This was nice.

I don't recall there being any chunks of tomatoes in the sauce. Was very good. I'am pretty particular about my Italian gravy. This was nice.

Thanks.. that's what I am thinking of ordering when I go :) I do remember the one time I went to Mythos YEARS ago it was an excellent meal.

Sorry, terrible/out of focus photos....

Leaky Cauldron breakfast (pasty-decent and one of the platters-decent)

Leaky Cauldron fish and chips (very good)

Leaky Cauldron beef and lamb stew (very good) with one of the pieces of fish

Leaky Cauldron kids mac and cheese (good)

Leaky Cauldron fishy green ale (odd) and apple cider (good)

Clogger Burger-Simpson fast food, DS17 loved them

Toothsome fettucine alfredo and marshmallow shake (she loved both)

Toothsome bacon burger with sauce on the side, fries and strawberry cheesecake shake (he loved all)

Toothsome berries and cream waffle (had a weird lemon sauce on it that no one would eat, she ate some of her sister's fettucine) and lemonade

Toothsome fried chicken BLT (good, but would have liked it more without the sauce) with kettle chips (good) and key lime pie shake (okay) with chocolate almond bread (not our thing)

Bula Bar Strawberry Shortcake (good as a dessert, but not strong at all)

Hard Rock Cafe Southern Jam (very yummy and pretty strong)

Ok, so I know that my daughter and her friend will want to eat at the Harry Potter places, but I have to tell you, the pictures I"m seeing...not impressed. The most attractive meal to me looks like it comes from Thunder Falls - ribs and corn look pretty good.

Any thoughts on this? What are your favorite places to eat for food quality?

And anybody try the Pad Thai...from the photos...those are some Pad Thai dishes that I've never seen before. Is the Pad Thai any good?

The Harry Potter restaurants are more about the ambiance than the food. It is definitely quick-service food. DH loves their fish & chips. I loved the Ploughman's Platter (both at US - Leaky Cauldron) BTW, the Ploughman's Platter is different kinds of cheeses, breads, and an apple beet salad (which I get every time I'm at Universal...I'm a little -a lot- obsessed with beets.)

The rib platter was pretty good at Thunder Falls, might even be the same ribs they sell at the Three Broomsticks (I find ribs to be too rich for my stomach, even though they are tasty! So, I don't get them often.) But, Thunder Falls does have a nice smoked turkey leg platter.

Both places are quick service, and pretty good for what they are.

I won't answer your question about the Pad Thai, as I did not care for the service or my cold food when we went to Mythos, so we haven't gone back. BUT, I am in the minority, as most people love Mythos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!