2014 Disney's Villains Unleashed - Fail?

lewiskm5

Earning My Ears
Am I the only one that thought they sold a few too many tickets and could have used a bit more organization? I enjoyed the Harambe Nights so much, that I decided to give the Villains party a try. It wasn't what I expected. Many of the lines to meet the villains were 2-3 hours long and the specialty drinks were not available in enough places. Don't get me started on the "special" pre-show for Fantasmic (putting on a wig and a Jafar t-shirt doesn't make the same screaming preshow different). If your goal was to pay $70 to avoid ride lines, I believe this would have been a good event for you. But for those that wanted to meet the characters, I'm not sure this is what was in mind.

Having stated this, the fireworks were spectacular! And the Oogie Boogie Fun-Freaky show was just that, fun and freaky (good time). But I'm not sure if I needed a different approach, or if there was a secret strategy I needed to use. With 50 characters, I was thinking that I could get to pose with at least 10. This was only my second ticketed event (Harambe being the first), so if I need a new strategy moving forward, please let me know. Are my expectations too high? Did Harambe Nights spoil me?

I am going to check out the Frozen activities today, so I won't have a chance to read many responses until later. But for anyone else that attended, were my expectations too high? How did you view the event? And for AP holders, was this event worth the extra money to you? Juat trying to gain perspective as I get more and more into Disney. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter