2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

So, we will be going to the party on Oct 3, and I don't want to spend many hours to get a prime spot for the fireworks and parade. However, I still want to enjoy them and have my son be able to see them. What is a good spot for the fireworks that does not require a huge amount of time to camp out???

Keep a close watch on this thread when the first reports start coming in from the first parties. People will report whether Halloween Screams has projections on IASW and on Main Street, in addition to the castle, this year. If so, that will open up your options for viewing quite a bit. We usually read the early party reviews, then decide where we want to be. Once we're at the party, we walk by our chosen area once or twice to make sure that we like it. Then, about an hour or so before fireworks are scheduled, we make sure to be in the general area so that we can keep an eye on how things are filling up. When the crowds start building, we choose our spots and stay until the show. There is no set time for this. It could be an hour before or a little longer or as little as 20 minutes before the show. The more flexible you are about where you view (do you have to be right in front of the castle? Would viewing from IASW be fine?), the less time you'll have to wait. How old is your son? If he is small, please do not put him on your shoulders so that he blocks the view of guests behind you. If he is on your hip with his head fairly level with yours, he'll be able to see just fine. And if you view from the castle area, try to be on the right side of the Hub or Main Street without trees blocking your view. You don't have to be really close up for a good view, but the view is better from the right side.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my trip falls on the first party, which is why I asked about previous years' projections. :( Thank you for the tips, though- they're EXTREMELY helpful!

So, we will be going to the party on Oct 3, and I don't want to spend many hours to get a prime spot for the fireworks and parade. However, I still want to enjoy them and have my son be able to see them. What is a good spot for the fireworks that does not require a huge amount of time to camp out???
I will be at the same party!! I am hoping to be able to go by small world for the parade. Then follow it to the castle for fireworks. Anyone know if this is a decent plan?

I've been watching for the first week of October to hit the schedule.
With only 46 days to October 1st, you'd think Disney could get it together.

Hey, I'm still waiting for the middle of Sept to be released! They have about half the entertainment on there, but a lot of the shows like Disney Junior and such still show "unavailable", and that is 3 weeks away! Seriously Disneyland....

Whew! It's been awhile since I've had time to poke in on this thread! No way I will be able to read all that I've missed, but I wanted to share we got tickets for the 10/10 party!! What a way to end the trip!! Woohoo!! Can't wait to start reading reviews! I can't wait for our first Disneyland party!!

I finally purchased my MHP tickets for 10/20. :hmghost::maleficenNow the stress of sell out is finally gone. I doubt this would sell out before any of the others as this is first date of the price hike but last year the day after I purchased my tickets they sold out. All I could think of was pay day hurry up and get here...lol And then I had to go to Target to buy gift cards so, I got some sort of a discount..lol This unfortunately is a popular date with the Utah schools being out during this weekend but seems to be the best weekend for me to go. I go the same weekend every year (4 years in a row). After year one I was officially hooked...lol

have you guys started thinking about your party costumes for it? Im thinking of bringing my Obi Wan Kenobi Costume or my Once Upon A Time Hook. this will be my first time dressing up in full costume but pretty much do disneybounds everyday I am the parks

have you guys started thinking about your party costumes for it? Im thinking of bringing my Obi Wan Kenobi Costume or my Once Upon A Time Hook. this will be my first time dressing up in full costume but pretty much do disneybounds everyday I am the parks

DH and I are going as C-3PO and R2-D2. We got the themed ears and t-shirts! Easy peasy! :)

Hey, I'm still waiting for the middle of Sept to be released! They have about half the entertainment on there, but a lot of the shows like Disney Junior and such still show "unavailable", and that is 3 weeks away! Seriously Disneyland....
Yeah, I am checking multiple times a day for the entertainment schedule for my days. >:( They don't even have the fireworks/Fantasmic schedule posted for my dates yet. Come on!! EDIT: Just checked and they added the times I was looking for! haha :)

I'm forgoing a costume this year to save baggage space (was Snow White last year at WDW and it took up a TON of luggage space.. but it was a lot of fun) because we don't plan on checking bags to save time. Planning on wearing a Nightmare Before Xmas shirt instead. :)

Last edited:
Keep a close watch on this thread when the first reports start coming in from the first parties. People will report whether Halloween Screams has projections on IASW and on Main Street, in addition to the castle, this year. If so, that will open up your options for viewing quite a bit. We usually read the early party reviews, then decide where we want to be. Once we're at the party, we walk by our chosen area once or twice to make sure that we like it. Then, about an hour or so before fireworks are scheduled, we make sure to be in the general area so that we can keep an eye on how things are filling up. When the crowds start building, we choose our spots and stay until the show. There is no set time for this. It could be an hour before or a little longer or as little as 20 minutes before the show. The more flexible you are about where you view (do you have to be right in front of the castle? Would viewing from IASW be fine?), the less time you'll have to wait. How old is your son? If he is small, please do not put him on your shoulders so that he blocks the view of guests behind you. If he is on your hip with his head fairly level with yours, he'll be able to see just fine. And if you view from the castle area, try to be on the right side of the Hub or Main Street without trees blocking your view. You don't have to be really close up for a good view, but the view is better from the right side.

Thanks! I have been watching this thread since it started so I will keep watching to see what the early reviews say. My son is five so he is too heavy to hold during the show. I am wanting him to be able to enjoy it, but also want to use my time wisely at the party.

I will be at the same party!! I am hoping to be able to go by small world for the parade. Then follow it to the castle for fireworks. Anyone know if this is a decent plan?

I thought they shut down the castle for fireworks. So they may just keep it shut down between parade/fireworks. I'm sure someone here will know for sure.

A CM told us the best spot for the parade was at the end of the hub near Refreshment Corner. We found our spot 1 hour before the parade and we got 2nd row -with everyone sitting so it was nice. It as fun watching the projections on mainstreet while we waited. And when the parade started the headless horsmen did a 360 turn right in front of us! After the parade we moved towards Walt's statue and found a spot where we could see the fireworks and most of the projections on the castle. It think that will be my plan this year as well.

did anyone notice the whole month of October is blocked and not available yet for world of color, all dinner and dessert packages don't appear past september, I wonder since halloween stuff is moving also to california adventure if something is going on with world of color.
If that were happening I'm 99% certain they would have included it with all the Halloween stuff starting 2 weeks earlier. At this point, for anyone going that Disney is just slow with the schedule, not taking it down for a refurb.

Thanks! I have been watching this thread since it started so I will keep watching to see what the early reviews say. My son is five so he is too heavy to hold during the show. I am wanting him to be able to enjoy it, but also want to use my time wisely at the party.

The great thing about the fireworks shows is that so much of the action happens high up. So even if the little ones don't catch every single projection or detail, they can still see the amazing fireworks in the sky. You and your son will have a great time!

Was able to book dinner at the Blue Bayou for 10/13. Unavailable online. Called to check. Very limited reservations still available for on-site guests. "Hotel Hold" is what the CM called it. Very happy to have called in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter