2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

have you guys started thinking about your party costumes for it? Im thinking of bringing my Obi Wan Kenobi Costume or my Once Upon A Time Hook. this will be my first time dressing up in full costume but pretty much do disneybounds everyday I am the parks
I have been trying to decide what I want to be. Last year I was Piglet and the year before I was Minnie Mouse. Still undecided on what to be this year.

Do they historically announce the existence of the Toontown Pre-Party before the first party or are we just going to have to find out when we get there? I'll probably skip it regardless because I'm not a fan of waiting in huge lines for characters but...

Do they historically announce the existence of the Toontown Pre-Party before the first party or are we just going to have to find out when we get there? I'll probably skip it regardless because I'm not a fan of waiting in huge lines for characters but...
If you get there early in the line-up and know where to go for the lines to form once they let you in, you can actually see a lot of characters in short order. You'd be amazed at how many people going into Toontown have no idea where the characters will be or are just there to trick or treat.

We were a ways back in line but were first to meet Mickey and Minnie, then circled back around to meet Chip and Dale when they swapped out with M/M. They were all so cute in their costumes!

2 nights later we met M/M out in the park during the party and waited over 90 minutes. :faint: That line was as slow as molasses.

They don't announce it. People on here report if they are having a pre-party.

When we went two years ago we lined up outside of toontown about 30 minutes before pre-party. Did a trick or treat line, got in line and waited maybe 10 minutes for M & M to come out (we knew where to line up thanks to the previous party posts) then jumped over to see goofy, took couple photos with the candy witches and decorations all in about 45 minutes.

Kind of, but not really. I don't recall seeing any Parks Blog posts or Social Media announcements prior to the first party confirming that there will be a pre-party in Toontown. However, last year they did have a sign just inside the park saying that Toontown will close at 5:00 pm and that there would be a special Toontown Pre-Party Party from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. So in that way, there was at least some confirmation that there would be a pre-party event, they just didn't announce it very far in advance.

these are my two options to take out of my closet, my girl has her marvel series princess Leia in construction and a dark Emma swan from OUAT. I dont think my saber will be an issue since they allow them in the park but if anything Ill disconnect the blade from hilt and just rock it on the belt. I also planned to bring my GOTG starlord vol 2 disney bound. hercules, hades, and pain bounds, and Jack and Sally bound right before the party starts on the 13th.

Attachments

• 13516635_10154242650730561_8023051350621679232_n.jpg
    13516635_10154242650730561_8023051350621679232_n.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 20
When we went two years ago we lined up outside of toontown about 30 minutes before pre-party. Did a trick or treat line, got in line and waited maybe 10 minutes for M & M to come out (we knew where to line up thanks to the previous party posts) then jumped over to see goofy, took couple photos with the candy witches and decorations all in about 45 minutes.
This is encouraging. If I only have to wait a short while, it might be worth it. But I guess I should amend my last post. I'm not a big fan of waiting for characters at all, not just at parties. I'm thinking it'll be a gametime decision on whether or not we head over there. Thanks for all the info, all!

This is encouraging. If I only have to wait a short while, it might be worth it. But I guess I should amend my last post. I'm not a big fan of waiting for characters at all, not just at parties. I'm thinking it'll be a gametime decision on whether or not we head over there. Thanks for all the info, all!
I'm not either. I skip most of them because I see the lines... However, last year I got pictures at the pre-party with Mickey & Minnie and the year before was lucky to get pics with Jack Skellington & Sally with no line by HM other than that I don't wait in the line as I'm not that patient. ☺

We don't do a lot of characters either, except if we haven't met them or have different outfits.

I'm not either. I skip most of them because I see the lines... However, last year I got pictures at the pre-party with Mickey & Minnie and the year before was lucky to get pics with Jack Skellington & Sally with no line by HM other than that I don't wait in the line as I'm not that patient. ☺
Here's my summary of character interactions on my last 2 WDW trips:
Snow White- no line at the start of MNSSHP
Pooh characters- during brunch at Crystal Palace, all came during the normal course of the meal
Mary Poppins at MK Hub- had like 2 people waiting for her while walking by, so decided to jump in
Donald Duck at Animal Kingdom- saw he had like 2 families waiting for him while walking by, so decided to jump in
Doc McStuffins at Animal Kingdom- absolutely no line while I happened to be at Rafiki's Planet Watch
Mickey at Town Square- FPed on a whim, FP ended up taking ~30 min due to them switching out friends of Mickey and I was getting pretty annoyed. And this was in an indoor building with AC and room to sit.

So yeah... Not a fan of character lines. :) I think DLR will be a better fit for me character-wise because of the wandering characters. I'm totally cool with seeing pretty much any character that has little or no line, but forget waiting in a line for pretty much any character. :) The only characters I have slotted in for my trip are Mickey and Minnie at their Toontown houses, mainly for nostalgia because I remember meeting them in their houses back when they had them at WDW as a little kid. I plan on going there right when Toontown opens to avoid the line.

Here's my summary of character interactions on my last 2 WDW trips:
Snow White- no line at the start of MNSSHP
Pooh characters- during brunch at Crystal Palace, all came during the normal course of the meal
Mary Poppins at MK Hub- had like 2 people waiting for her while walking by, so decided to jump in
Donald Duck at Animal Kingdom- saw he had like 2 families waiting for him while walking by, so decided to jump in
Doc McStuffins at Animal Kingdom- absolutely no line while I happened to be at Rafiki's Planet Watch
Mickey at Town Square- FPed on a whim, FP ended up taking ~30 min due to them switching out friends of Mickey and I was getting pretty annoyed. And this was in an indoor building with AC and room to sit.

So yeah... Not a fan of character lines. :) I think DLR will be a better fit for me character-wise because of the wandering characters. I'm totally cool with seeing pretty much any character that has little or no line, but forget waiting in a line for pretty much any character. :) The only characters I have slotted in for my trip are Mickey and Minnie at their Toontown houses, mainly for nostalgia because I remember meeting them in their houses back when they had them at WDW as a little kid. I plan on going there right when Toontown opens to avoid the line.
Smart move with going to Toontown when it opens. This will be a really cool experience. Your right about the characters wandering all about at DL. At WDW we have a lot of character photos but that's because we do character meals as part of the dining plan they have there. It makes more sense at WDW to do character meals as its more affordable on the dining plan. If you do a character meal at DL I think the breakfast at Storytellers is amazing!! Salted Carmel French toast is so yummy and Chip & Dale & friends are there as well.

Does anyone know the historical October schedule for World of Color and Fantasmic? I'm pretty sure Fantasmic is the only the weekend. I can't remember if this means Sunday or not. And I can't remember World of Color at all. We are doing a shorter trip than usual so I have to do more planning to fit everything in!

have you guys started thinking about your party costumes for it? Im thinking of bringing my Obi Wan Kenobi Costume or my Once Upon A Time Hook. this will be my first time dressing up in full costume but pretty much do disneybounds everyday I am the parks

My bf and I are thinking of being Pooh and his "Hunny", or maybe doing Hei Hei and Pua :) Love the idea of OUAT Hook!

Does anyone know the historical October schedule for World of Color and Fantasmic? I'm pretty sure Fantasmic is the only the weekend. I can't remember if this means Sunday or not. And I can't remember World of Color at all. We are doing a shorter trip than usual so I have to do more planning to fit everything in!

I use this post a lot to look at stuff like that! https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-dlr-park-hours-entertainment-and-refurbs.2291124/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter