2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Last year we did the parks in the morning and the party that night and were exhausted. If I was to do it again I would definitely not go to the parks in the morning on a party day rather I would just go in at 3 PM when the park opens for party guests. I don’t think DCA does anything special on party days...

You won’t need Maxpass during the party, lines are much shorter! DCA isn’t included in your party ticket so unless you have a park hopper for that day or an AP you won’t be able to go there.

The party tickets are PHs this year.

I have a curiosity question. Are non-party guests allowed to enter ride lines up until the start time of the party? We were at the parks on Friday. We went to Disneyland in the morning and DCA at night. The lines in Disneyland leading up to the 7pm start time were long. Even at 8:30 some of the rides were 40-50 minutes according to the app. I've never gone to a party, but I think I'd be frustrated if the party started with huge lines on all the rides.

I have a curiosity question. Are non-party guests allowed to enter ride lines up until the start time of the party? We were at the parks on Friday. We went to Disneyland in the morning and DCA at night. The lines in Disneyland leading up to the 7pm start time were long. Even at 8:30 some of the rides were 40-50 minutes according to the app. I've never gone to a party, but I think I'd be frustrated if the party started with huge lines on all the rides.

Yes Non MHP ticket goers can be queuing in rides even after the Party start.. Once the party start the CM's do this kind of barricade where they start sweeping for people without a wristband and sent them to the exit they continue this for at least an hour after the party starts becuase they know ppl could have been waiting to get on rides , etc... But up to the Party time everyone can be doing regular Disney activities..

My family will be there Halloween week w/ tix to the party on the Big Day. I am wondering if it's really worth our time to bother going to DCA on the party day itself. We'll have the first couple of days to check out the new decorations, so is there really anything we'll be missing out on if we just head over to DL?
Nothing special happens during the party hours at DCA. So if you will be visiting for a few days before the party, I would check out the decorations during the night because they are pretty sweet! Then during the actual party night I would just stay at DLR and use the entire party time for entertainment, rides, etc.

This is a good question that I am also curious about. I'm wondering if they do anything special during the party hours or after were allowed to enter the park for the party as opposed to a regular park day. I assumed nothing special and was going to check out CDL the day we arrive which is 10/19. Only 4 more days!! Can't wait!!

Nothing special happens. Well, I guess the GOTG ride turns to the Monster ride at 5, but that is about it. I got there at 4pm, and after getting my wristband I went straight over to DCA. You can hop over all night, just make sure to show your wristband and have the ticket that they give you. You can tell when the start making everyone from DLR leave because DCA gets crazy packed.

I sort of stayed in DCA until about 7:15-7:20 for this reason. I wanted to wait until the regular guests were cleared out more. When DCA got to packed, we hopped back to DLR for the party. I noticed that they consistently check for wristbands. I was going into Tomorrowland and there are a row of CM's with flashlights checking everyone as they walked. The park was a lot emptier though.

Hi folks, so I'm going to the party on 10/20 (YAY!); what is the best way to enter with the least hassle/lines and also get first shot at whatever is left on the maxpass? Monorail? DCA? Thanks in advance!
I didn't look on a MHP day, but in general, I haven't found the monorail to be the fastest/most efficient method to get into the parks. You might get past the ticket point without to much trouble, but the monorails themselves are fairly small, so it's not uncommon to have to wait for multiple monorails before being able to board. I would walk to the main gate and then either enter DL or DCA. My instinctive guess is that DCA will have the shorter line(s), but they were not handing out wristbands there when I was there, so you'll still have enter DL via the special event gates to get your wristband and treat bag. Overall, I would pick to enter DL or DCA based on what attractions I was hoping to ride during the overlap period. My instinctive guess is that unless you get in right at 3:00 pm, you probably won't be able to get a FP for GotG: MAD (and RSR may already be out of FPs); those seem to go really fast.

Regarding Maxpass/FP, you can get FPs in DL during the overlap period, but they don't use FP during the party. With the exception of HMH and Space, the lines aren't too bad towards the end of the party. During the overlap period and first hour or so, the lines can be pretty lengthy. You can get FPs for DCA until that park closes or they run out (whichever happens first). Personally, I'm not sure I would spend time hopping over to DCA once the party gets starts; most/all reports seem to indicate that the crowds are pretty large in DCA.

We were there at Friday's party. I almost think they stop updating the ride times for the app after the party start. We first rode Pirate's at 7:00 and there were a few non-party goers in line, but the wait was short. The app showed 45 minutes. Then we went to Indiana Jones and it was the shortest line ever, including using fast passes. This was about 7:20-7:30 and the app said 45 minutes. We then walked all the way into Haunted Mansion without any wait at all. The only ride that looked like there were lines was Peter Pan, so we jumped in line there at 11:55. I was pleasantly surprised that the lines cleared out quickly on the side or the park we were at once the party started and even before. They also opened the treat lines near Hungry Bear and Winnie the Pooh at 6:45. No lines.

We were there at Friday's party. I almost think they stop updating the ride times for the app after the party start. We first rode Pirate's at 7:00 and there were a few non-party goers in line, but the wait was short. The app showed 45 minutes. Then we went to Indiana Jones and it was the shortest line ever, including using fast passes. This was about 7:20-7:30 and the app said 45 minutes. We then walked all the way into Haunted Mansion without any wait at all. The only ride that looked like there were lines was Peter Pan, so we jumped in line there at 11:55. I was pleasantly surprised that the lines cleared out quickly on the side or the park we were at once the party started and even before. They also opened the treat lines near Hungry Bear and Winnie the Pooh at 6:45. No lines.
That is good to know. The app wait times didn't look good!

I've had mixed luck with attraction lines during the party, especially at the start. It seemed to me that attraction lines were still pretty long for the first hour of the party (at least). Day guests are allowed to enter attraction lines up until park closing (party start), so you will still find day guests in the attraction lines for a bit. I recall that the Star Tours line said about 45 minutes long at the start of the party and it took about 45 minutes to get through the line (another part of the group when to Space and it was about a 45 minute wait too). I've found that the attraction lines were the shortest towards the end of the party, after fireworks. For a party earlier this year, Space was about 25 minutes during the last hour of the party (Friday night), although the posted wait said 10 minutes (so it was wrong on the app too).

Nothing special happens during the party hours at DCA. So if you will be visiting for a few days before the party, I would check out the decorations during the night because they are pretty sweet! Then during the actual party night I would just stay at DLR and use the entire party time for entertainment, rides, etc.

Nothing special happens. Well, I guess the GOTG ride turns to the Monster ride at 5, but that is about it. I got there at 4pm, and after getting my wristband I went straight over to DCA. You can hop over all night, just make sure to show your wristband and have the ticket that they give you. You can tell when the start making everyone from DLR leave because DCA gets crazy packed.
Thanks for the info. I will go to DCA the day we arrive to see the Halloween decorations, what it looks like at night time & DD21 can do GOTG monsters after dark.

I didn't look on a MHP day, but in general, I haven't found the monorail to be the fastest/most efficient method to get into the parks. You might get past the ticket point without to much trouble, but the monorails themselves are fairly small, so it's not uncommon to have to wait for multiple monorails before being able to board. I would walk to the main gate and then either enter DL or DCA. My instinctive guess is that DCA will have the shorter line(s), but they were not handing out wristbands there when I was there, so you'll still have enter DL via the special event gates to get your wristband and treat bag. Overall, I would pick to enter DL or DCA based on what attractions I was hoping to ride during the overlap period. My instinctive guess is that unless you get in right at 3:00 pm, you probably won't be able to get a FP for GotG: MAD (and RSR may already be out of FPs); those seem to go really fast.

Regarding Maxpass/FP, you can get FPs in DL during the overlap period, but they don't use FP during the party. With the exception of HMH and Space, the lines aren't too bad towards the end of the party. During the overlap period and first hour or so, the lines can be pretty lengthy. You can get FPs for DCA until that park closes or they run out (whichever happens first). Personally, I'm not sure I would spend time hopping over to DCA once the party gets starts; most/all reports seem to indicate that the crowds are pretty large in DCA.

Thank you!

That’s awesome! Makes them a bigger value! I hope you have a great time!

I don't know about the person you originally responded to, but it actually isn't a bigger value for me, lol! In fact I'm fairly sure because of the PH change and the PP+ add on, that was a big reason for the large price jump on several days (plus it is Disney). It's nice for those who might not get any other tickets, though, to see DCA all done up for Halloween :)

I have a Sig+ so I'm paying for something I already get anyways (the option to hop to DCA and PP). But whatever. I've long since accepted I pay an obscene amount for my Disney addiction, haha!

And thanks :). I'll be there Halloween night myself. Desperately trying to finish my costume before I head down tomorrow to Anaheim with some friends for a few days (no MHP for us) before my Halloween trip with my mom (MHP yes for this one). Things are almost done! So pleased with how it's coming along too.

I don't know about the person you originally responded to, but it actually isn't a bigger value for me, lol! In fact I'm fairly sure because of the PH change and the PP+ add on, that was a big reason for the large price jump on several days (plus it is Disney). It's nice for those who might not get any other tickets, though, to see DCA all done up for Halloween :)

I have a Sig+ so I'm paying for something I already get anyways (the option to hop to DCA and PP). But whatever. I've long since accepted I pay an obscene amount for my Disney addiction, haha!

And thanks :). I'll be there Halloween night myself. Desperately trying to finish my costume before I head down tomorrow to Anaheim with some friends for a few days (no MHP for us) before my Halloween trip with my mom (MHP yes for this one). Things are almost done! So pleased with how it's coming along too.

On the plus side you get a discount for your party ticket...now AP holders always got that but its even more important now that it includes non-perks for AP holder. I always just get the cheaper deluxe so the PP+ is still a perk to me. Now...on to planning MHP 2018 :cloud9:

On the plus side you get a discount for your party ticket...now AP holders always got that but its even more important now that it includes non-perks for AP holder. I always just get the cheaper deluxe so the PP+ is still a perk to me. Now...on to planning MHP 2018 :cloud9:

You only got a discount this year if you went to one of only a few select parties and they were only in September. I got zero discount on my party ticket. Paid full price same as everyone else. So going Halloween night means I paid $120 for my ticket.

Last year, I paid $72 for my October 10 ticket (AP discount). This year the same date was $110 (I think? I know it was over $100; also no AP discount). The price increase definitely hurt. Hurt even more after hearing about no AP special treat (I do not count a special backdrop with a magic shot I can get elsewhere without the wait as an AP treat, lol).

Anywho. I don't want to make it seem as if I'm not grateful for others getting the perks included. Just stating that the additional perks are not perks for me therefore they do not add value to the ticket for me :). I do think it's neat for others to get the chance to go see the offerings in DCA, though.

You only got a discount this year if you went to one of only a few select parties and they were only in September. I got zero discount on my party ticket. Paid full price same as everyone else. So going Halloween night means I paid $120 for my ticket.

Last year, I paid $72 for my October 10 ticket (AP discount). This year the same date was $110 (I think? I know it was over $100; also no AP discount). The price increase definitely hurt. Hurt even more after hearing about no AP special treat (I do not count a special backdrop with a magic shot I can get elsewhere without the wait as an AP treat, lol).

Anywho. I don't want to make it seem as if I'm not grateful for others getting the perks included. Just stating that the additional perks are not perks for me therefore they do not add value to the ticket for me :). I do think it's neat for others to get the chance to go see the offerings in DCA, though.

What! The only discounts were in September! I kept thinking that the lack of an AP special treat sucked-I mean really a magic shot that costs nothing and has a long line so it eats up my party time is not much of a perk and I got a Zero magic shot last year anyway. I didn't realize that they pealed back AP discounts so bad.

What! The only discounts were in September! I kept thinking that the lack of an AP special treat sucked-I mean really a magic shot that costs nothing and has a long line so it eats up my party time is not much of a perk and I got a Zero magic shot last year anyway. I didn't realize that they pealed back AP discounts so bad.

I mean, I didn't expect a discount on Halloween night since there wasn't one last year either. But it was definitely a shock they were only offered for September! And so few offered. It definitely added to the annoyance regarding the value of other nights.

I've also seen the Zero shot posted from other places in the park this year. Totally not waiting in line for an hour during the party just for a backdrop, lol! I'm just gonna pester PP CMs to find someone who has it during the day.

Oh well. At least I get to dress up in what will be perceived as a costume ;). That is my favorite perk for sure.

We went to the MHP 10/13 and had a blast! Here we are with Pooh bear.
favtwR

pooh_and_hunny.jpg

He was very bewildered to meet himself, and a sweet pot of Hunny :laughing:. We were in the parks since 9am that morning, so by 11pm we were really exhausted. As lindyv321 said- if I were to do it again I would definitely just to do the party. We did the pre-party and met Daisy Duck, and stood in line to do the Minnie/Mickey house treat trail (about 15 minutes). We only did 2 treat trails that evening, that being the first. I thought there was a good mix of candy and savory snacks!

The next couple days were an absolute blast. Seeing DCA and especially Cars Land decorated for Halloween was a real treat. We met vampire Mater which was on my "trip bucketlist."

My biggest Halloween time recommendations:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Monsters After Dark. It was SO FUN!
- The Batwing Sundae from Clarabelle's
- Dragon's Breath Tacos from Studio Catering- we got the last 2 at around 11:30am. 30 minutes after they opened! One of the tastiest things I've eaten at Disney
- All of the amazing theming in Cars Land
- Oogie popcorn bucket was sold out... but I wanted the pumpkin one anyway! The only place we found it was the popcorn stand in Frontier Land.

That's it! I hope we get to go again next year.

We went to the MHP 10/13 and had a blast! Here we are with Pooh bear.
favtwR

pooh_and_hunny.jpg

He was very bewildered to meet himself, and a sweet pot of Hunny :laughing:. We were in the parks since 9am that morning, so by 11pm we were really exhausted. As lindyv321 said- if I were to do it again I would definitely just to do the party. We did the pre-party and met Daisy Duck, and stood in line to do the Minnie/Mickey house treat trail (about 15 minutes). We only did 2 treat trails that evening, that being the first. I thought there was a good mix of candy and savory snacks!

The next couple days were an absolute blast. Seeing DCA and especially Cars Land decorated for Halloween was a real treat. We met vampire Mater which was on my "trip bucketlist."

My biggest Halloween time recommendations:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Monsters After Dark. It was SO FUN!
- The Batwing Sundae from Clarabelle's
- Dragon's Breath Tacos from Studio Catering- we got the last 2 at around 11:30am. 30 minutes after they opened! One of the tastiest things I've eaten at Disney
- All of the amazing theming in Cars Land
- Oogie popcorn bucket was sold out... but I wanted the pumpkin one anyway! The only place we found it was the popcorn stand in Frontier Land.

That's it! I hope we get to go again next year.
coordinating, Disney theme, original, perfect ten on the costume

It's in the 90's today so I will not be dressing up today. I will be dressing up on Friday. I will wear one of the costumes I got from a regional production of Cats

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter