2017 Eat To The Beat Concert Series

d1sn3yguy

Earning My Ears
The past two summers we've been at Epcot during the week the Bee Gees tribute band Stayin' Alive Canada was playing and went to almost every concert they played. Our kids, ages 5 and 3, loved them and now know the words to almost every Bee Gees song! Anyhow, I was looking at the bands facebook page and saw several people asking them when they would be playing in 2017 and they said that right now Disney has cancelled the 2017 Summer Concert Series and to call Disney and complain!

Has anyone else heard anything official regarding the concerts? If they truly are cancelled what department at Disney would you call to complain?

Sorry if this has been addressed already. Thanks in advance.

I'd be shocked with their 365 festival goals and all that said with an earlier F&W start who knows....

Sidebar anyone know info on the Broadway series yet?

If they canceled it... it's probable to make way for something else.

Still no announcement of anything happening. I checked the websites of a few of the acts from last year and they don't have Epcot on their tour schedule. I checked wdwent.com and nothing there either. I find it hard to believe that they would not have any kind of summer concert series. We have always enjoyed the evening entertainment at the American Garden Theatre during our summer trips. It will be very disappointing if they don't have anything.

It is around that time of year when the Eat To The Beat concert series slowly gets released. Before 2016, the schedule was always officially released at some point in May. However, last year, the official schedule was released July 11th. I believe that is due to the fact that the Food and Wine Festival is almost to the point of being 3 months long. Anyway, I am going to post what I have seen as potential acts for 2017:

8/31 - 9/1: Delta Rae
9/2 - 9/7: STILL TO BE DETERMINED
9/8 - 9/10: Starship featuring Mickey Thomas
9/11 - 9/15: STILL TO BE DETERMINED
9/16 - 9/17: Sister Hazel
9/18 - 9/20: STILL TO BE DETERMINED
9/21 - 9/22: David Cook
9/23 - 9/27: STILL TO BE DETERMINED
9/28 - 9/29: 38 Special
9/30 - 10/1: Mark Wills

10/2 - 10/3: STILL TO BE DETERMINED
10/4 - 10/5: Christopher Cross
10/6 - 10/11: STILL TO BE DETERMINED
10/12 - 10/13: Taylor Dane
10/14 -10/15: Jeffrey Osbourne

10/16 - 10/24: STILL TO BE DETERMINED
10/25 - 10/26: Billy Ocean
10/27 - 11/13: STILL TO BE DETERMINED

For repeat F&W visitors, what are some potential returning bands that you would like to see come back?

Some of mine are: Sugar Ray, Hanson, Boyz II Men, Everclear, Smash Mouth, Dennis DeYoung of Styx, Wang Chung, Blues Traveler, Toad the Wet Sprocket

Also, what potential new bands would you like to see?

I know some of these are a long shot: Backstreet Boys (not going to happen but it would be amazing), 98 Degrees, Matchbox 20, Counting Crows, Eve 6, New Kids on the Block, Paula Abdul, Collective Soul. I am just trying to think of bands that go on those group 90s nostalgic tours.

When are the Dining Packages normally released? If I remember correctly last year the packages were released prior to all the dates being confirmed.

we'll be there oct 14-22. not very excited for jeffrey osbourne, so i'm hoping that the oct. 16-24 slot is filled in soon. of the possible returning acts, i'd be happy with toad the wet sprocket, blues traveller or gin blossoms. ;) as for other 90s one-to-three hit wonders, i'd be thrilled with the toadies or counting crows :)

I can't believe they got Mark Wills, he's still fricking awesome. I've got a lot of his songs and albums, I still listen to.... and sing his songs in the shower.

"Wish you were here", "Back at one", "Don't laugh at me", "19 somethin'"

Last edited:
David Cook was horrible last year. And, I mean HORRIBLE. Of all the bands we've seen over the years, Sugar Ray has been the best. 38 Special was really good last year as well.

David Cook is horrible period.

I hope there's a better performer some time during my trip.

i see on toad the wet sprocket's tour page that they are playing several florida cities oct 24th-27th. this makes me think they may play before or after billy ocean. i'm hoping before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!