2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

We have never been during a F&W festival. We have 2 kids, 9 and 7 and are going the last week of F&W. I was just planning to go on a weekday and do the regular stuff and kind of ignore the F&W, is that possible? A waste? We are not wine drinkers. Any advice welcome.

We have never been during a F&W festival. We have 2 kids, 9 and 7 and are going the last week of F&W. I was just planning to go on a weekday and do the regular stuff and kind of ignore the F&W, is that possible? A waste? We are not wine drinkers. Any advice welcome.
Sure, it's definitely possible. F&W is mostly contained within World Showcase. If you avoid that area you can certainly experience the rest of Epcot. You can also stroll through WS just to enjoy the atmosphere, shops, entertainment, etc. without partaking in any wine. I will say, though, last year we took our boys the same age as yours and I didn't have high hopes for them enjoying F&W....but it was quite the opposite. They LOVED it! They loved trying new foods and really enjoyed filling out the passports (they approached it almost like a scavenger hunt). They enjoyed it so much that we actually added a second Epcot day just to go back and visit more booths. There is a lot to love about F&W even if you don't drink wine. They may surprise you :)

It's possible to not go near WS but I wouldn't skip it. You don't have to drink at all, there is a food in the title as well and you might be surprised how much your entire family enjoys tasting from the booths. Even if you skip the booths, the kids will enjoy visiting all the countries.

Oh, oh man... I hope you got the chance to sit down and have a drink from last year's glass before reading what's happening this year...

Last year was actually a downgrade from the year before. It was small wine glasses and you could get as many as you wanted. You got your book stamped every day by going to the Festival Center (I think it was there that year, might have been in innovations) and after 3 days you got a wine glass. I got two since I was there for 6 days. Last year you could only get one glass period.

Last year was actually a downgrade from the year before. It was small wine glasses and you could get as many as you wanted. You got your book stamped every day by going to the Festival Center (I think it was there that year, might have been in innovations) and after 3 days you got a wine glass. I got two since I was there for 6 days. Last year you could only get one glass period.

I didn't even bother the first year because the lines were HUGE as the people who live there (or are more dedicated than me) collected entire sets of the glasses.

Last year there were no lines... hmm...

That said, I am not too overly upset by the missing glass. It didn't exist for years and I enjoyed the festival just fine :)

I didn't even bother the first year because the lines were HUGE as the people who live there (or are more dedicated than me) collected entire sets of the glasses.

Last year there were no lines... hmm...

That said, I am not too overly upset by the missing glass. It didn't exist for years and I enjoyed the festival just fine :)

It was easier last year and it doesn't upset me too much either. I don't think I've pulled mine out of the glass cabinet since I brought them home.

Sure, it's definitely possible. F&W is mostly contained within World Showcase. If you avoid that area you can certainly experience the rest of Epcot. You can also stroll through WS just to enjoy the atmosphere, shops, entertainment, etc. without partaking in any wine. I will say, though, last year we took our boys the same age as yours and I didn't have high hopes for them enjoying F&W....but it was quite the opposite. They LOVED it! They loved trying new foods and really enjoyed filling out the passports (they approached it almost like a scavenger hunt). They enjoyed it so much that we actually added a second Epcot day just to go back and visit more booths. There is a lot to love about F&W even if you don't drink wine. They may surprise you :)

Thanks for the response. I had read things about how horrible lines are for the food booths and just didn't want to deal with more crowds but sounds like it's worth looking into. The kids have never been really into the world showcase and I was hoping the Ratatouille scavenger hunt thing might help make it more fun. I have a dinner reservation at Tutto Italia but wondering if we really need that. Guess I'll have to do some more research. :)

Thanks for the response. I had read things about how horrible lines are for the food booths and just didn't want to deal with more crowds but sounds like it's worth looking into. The kids have never been really into the world showcase and I was hoping the Ratatouille scavenger hunt thing might help make it more fun. I have a dinner reservation at Tutto Italia but wondering if we really need that. Guess I'll have to do some more research. :)
Have they ever done the World Showcase passport? If not, I would suggest trying it. My kids loved going to each "Kid Cot" station to get their passport stamped/signed. Made WS a lot more fun for them.

Not directly related to F&W, but if anyone is interested in booking Highway in the Sky at the Contemporary, the dates are up for October. It's only being offered on Sundays in October.

Too late! thanks for posting. Wish I saw this sooner

Sorry everyone, this was a false alarm. The WDW website was showing availability for Highway in the Sky for October dates and now the dates are not showing. I made a reservation for 10/22 but never received an e-mail confirmation nor is it showing on my MDE account.

I just downloaded the WDW Food&Wine App - OMG!!!!! How cool! You can put items on your wish list, log that you tasted it, mark it as a favorite... even use the map to locate exactly where it is. Where has this app been all my life? The little paper passports are fun too, but I can play with this before I even get there!! Thank you, @DVC4US, for sharing this info! This will keep me busy while the clock ticks slowly by until our arrival date...

There is a Food & Wine app it is call WDW Food&Wine.

I found it, but the specific menu items were all from the 2016 list. Should I wait for 2017? Will it automatically switch over if I download it now? Or is it close enough for now anyways, and besides it's a free app, and about Disney, so how can you go wrong?

I found it, but the specific menu items were all from the 2016 list. Should I wait for 2017? Will it automatically switch over if I download it now? Or is it close enough for now anyways, and besides it's a free app, and about Disney, so how can you go wrong?

My app still show the 2016 list. I am hoping once the prices are released there will be an update to the app instead of a whole new one for 2017.

To update the data with 2017, click on the 'hamburger' menu icon in the upper left, then "Event Center", then tap "2017 Food & Wine Festival" to download the preliminary information. The developer added the first batch of menu info rather quickly; I believe they had it up later in the day the menus were released.

To update the data with 2017, click on the 'hamburger' menu icon in the upper left, then "Event Center", then tap "2017 Food & Wine Festival" to download the preliminary information. The developer added the first batch of menu info rather quickly; I believe they had it up later in the day the menus were released.

THANK YOU!

I can't find a Hamburger icon, but I have the event center option, but it appears mine downloaded already with the 2017 info.

I just downloaded the WDW Food&Wine App - OMG!!!!! How cool! You can put items on your wish list, log that you tasted it, mark it as a favorite... even use the map to locate exactly where it is. Where has this app been all my life? The little paper passports are fun too, but I can play with this before I even get there!! Thank you, @DVC4US, for sharing this info! This will keep me busy while the clock ticks slowly by until our arrival date...

You are welcome - but I just shared what was already posted by someone else in this thread!

I had read things about how horrible lines are for the food booths and just didn't want to deal with more crowds but sounds like it's worth looking into.
If you get to World Showcase around 11:30-12noon on a weekday, you should be fine to do a number of booths without significant lines. It's the weekends & particularly Fri & Sat nights that the lines get nasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter