2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I can't find a Hamburger icon, but I have the event center option, but it appears mine downloaded already with the 2017 info.
Mine did that too. So far, as I mark my favorites, everything seems to match the menus I have, except for Italy. I don't see the Absolut Penne.

It looks like they changed the kinds of margaritas that will be offered at the Mexico booth, and they added a "Mexican mule" which I guess is a variation on a Moscow mule (one of my favorite drinks, so I'm good).

Would you recommend attending the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic? I have to attend a conference at the Dolphin and have a chance to go to this event. Was it worth it? Any tips or advice would be great!

So, do any of you bring trays to F&W?

I was thinking of something like this and maybe adding straps so that I could hang it around my neck, like the old fashioned cigarette girls.

20863416_1377680009019948_7367283221547928251_o.jpg

Menu update:
I emailed the Food and Wine app about the differences between what I had seen online ( Mexico Margarita Choices and Italy's Penne) Turns out that Disney did make the changes. If you go to their FW page you will see that the app reflects Disney's most recent menus.
So, no more Penne, meaning no pasta in Italy!
Instead it is a beef stew with Parmesan polenta.

I tried a tray 2 years ago(got one of the F&W ones) but found it more of a hassle to carry around then it was worth - I only carry a small cross body purse. We usually have a big party so we grab a table that is convenient to several booths and we send runners for food. One of our days this year will be a Friday evening though so it will be interesting to see how that works out with the crowds.

Menu update:
I emailed the Food and Wine app about the differences between what I had seen online ( Mexico Margarita Choices and Italy's Penne) Turns out that Disney did make the changes. If you go to their FW page you will see that the app reflects Disney's most recent menus.
So, no more Penne, meaning no pasta in Italy!
Instead it is a beef stew with Parmesan polenta.

NO! They can't change anything! The Penne was on my 'must have' list - make them stop......

NO! They can't change anything! The Penne was on my 'must have' list - make them stop......

It was on our family's also and even more of a must do for me because I don't eat very much meat. I hope they will reconsider this foolish move and add a pasta! Right now my only wish list item in Italy is the frozen limoncello margarita! (and I'm half Italian!)

Would you recommend attending the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic? I have to attend a conference at the Dolphin and have a chance to go to this event. Was it worth it? Any tips or advice would be great!

Definitely YES for one night of the 2 nights! Make sure you bring your appetite! Stroll the Causeway, sampling the wonderful restaurants of Swan & Dolphin, plus several Orlando area restaurants. There are lots of wines - and desserts! - to sample also! (The year I did it both nights was a little too much for me! Normally, I go Friday night and rest Saturday night! lol) If the weather is stormy, they do an awesome job moving everything into the Swan so don't give a second thought to the weather! ;) If you get the chance to do a "seminar", those are worth the $50 or so it costs also!

Todd English has made appearances during past F&W Classics! I think you have a better chance of meeting him on Friday night than Saturday.

The Disney Food Blog posted an article about the menu changes today. The app matches that, so other than loading prices I think the app is accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter