2018-19 Race calendar for runDisney

I think you have your dates mixed up.
While it’s true that Easter is the 1st of April in 2018, Easter in 2019 isn’t until April 21st.

That’s why 2019 isn’t the 18th-21st like it would of been if following normal patterns I assume 2020 if they have Dark Side will bounce back to the last weekend of the month

Since Easter is the 1st of April next year (just looked it up), to me it seems like it’s at around the same time as the holiday.

And it was similar this year with Easter in the 16th and DS weekend starting the 19th.

Seems to me they are taking advantage of Easter and those who can go from Easter weekend through the following weekend for their vacation, not trying to avoid it.

Or I’m interpreting it wrong. I don’t celebrate Easter so it’s not something I normally track.

These newly released dates are for 2019 though :goodvibes and as others mentioned Easter is April 21st in 2019. This upcoming year, when Darkside is April 19-22nd Easter is on April 1st.

I'm so glad registration has been pushed back! It gives me extra time to decide if I want to try for my first full in 2019 or not haha

It's so sad to see the calendar showing that we no longer have rD out here at DL.

I must be the only one who didn't mind the really early registration! As a DVC member, I'm often working with the 11-mo window when planning my trips.

No word on early registration for AP/DVC yet?

It’s usually the Thursday before regular registration.
There have been times where it has been a week or more before. Since they changed regular registration around, wondering if they'll make any changes there. I guess I just need to stay tuned!

There have been times where it has been a week or more before. Since they changed regular registration around, wondering if they'll make any changes there. I guess I just need to stay tuned!
This past year it was the Thursday before. In previous years yes it was a full week ahead.

I had a feeling they'd move marathon weekend back in 2019.

After Lumiere's 2 Course Challenge in 2016, I started to think 26.2 Wondering if it would be overkill to do my first marathon as part of Dopey.
I am at the exact same place after the Wine and Dine (edit: Challenge) 2017... I am thinking that the only way I may ever consider training and running for a full is to register for Dopey... 2019? 2020?

Last edited:
I am at the exact same place after the Wine and Dine 2017... I am thinking that the only way I may ever consider training and running for a full is to register for Dopey... 2019? 2020?
I did my first Marathon as part of Goofy and I know there are other people that have done that too. If you are well trained for a full the 5k and 10k aren't a big deal. The bigger challenge is being up early. The half and full back to back are not trivial though. It takes some tough training and if you choose that route I'd think you'd want a fairly big cushion under the 16 minute mile pace so that you can finish if your pace drops off.

I am at the exact same place after the Wine and Dine 2017... I am thinking that the only way I may ever consider training and running for a full is to register for Dopey... 2019? 2020?

I did my first Marathon as part of Goofy and I know there are other people that have done that too. If you are well trained for a full the 5k and 10k aren't a big deal. The bigger challenge is being up early. The half and full back to back are not trivial though. It takes some tough training and if you choose that route I'd think you'd want a fairly big cushion under the 16 minute mile pace so that you can finish if your pace drops off.

My first full was run at WDWMW 2016 as part of 10k + Goofy. It can certainly be done. I was short on training due to injury at the time and just had to carefully manage my pace and fatigue levels through the early races to ensure there was enough left in the tank for the marathon. That first full remains my favorite running experience to date!

My biggest challenge will be not to exagerate while touring the parks :rolleyes1
I edited my post with the fact that I ran the Two Course Challenge (10k+half) this month.
So, yes for waking up early... And pacing oneself... In 5 days I ran/walk 100 miles and slept 25 hours. I had a blast! :cheer2:

Marathon weekend in 2018 will make it 5 years in a row participating in at least 1 rD race. My wife has asked that we skip the rest of 2018 and 2019 so we can do some other stuff. So, not only will we not be participating in any rD races for a while, but we will not be visiting WDW for a while. We are going to have to make the best of this trip coming up. :(

Marathon weekend in 2018 will make it 5 years in a row participating in at least 1 rD race. My wife has asked that we skip the rest of 2018 and 2019 so we can do some other stuff. So, not only will we not be participating in any rD races for a while, but we will not be visiting WDW for a while. We are going to have to make the best of this trip coming up. :(
It is 4 years in a row for me. I don't think I will be doing WDW weekend 2019 as I am planning my first Disneyland trip alongside the D23 expo in 2019. That might change though.

Last edited:

I understand that feeling! While we are going to go to WDW in 2018 - all other vacations are off the tables so we can be responsible adults and get some major things done around the house + replace the cars. (Although he replaced his yesterday - mine will be replaced in August/September) WDW can stay in the picture as between DVC and APs - it doesn't take too much more out of pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter