2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have really lucked out with WDW in the last few years ----

Sleep late on vacation - now no problem getting late FPs
Didn't often buy the DDP because I felt sick just seeing dessert after dessert (yes I still took them with QSDP) - now no desserts on QSDP part
Used to have tons of bottles of drinks left in fridge wasted if on DDP - now won't because I will often choose an alcoholic beverage
Always loved the snack part of the DDP --- now all three choices have two snacks

I am a water or alcohol person. So this change makes me really think about the DDP again. I rarely drink at home but love to on vacation.

The QSDP and regular DDP both now allow 2 specialty beverages per person per night. For a QS meal, they will have no way of knowing how old the people are consuming the drinks. If you order all five meals while the others are getting a table, you should be able to get 5 drinks. You'll need to get the 3 kids their drink OOP, though. Reality is you will pay for (I assume) 5 adult dining plans and in my book that means you should be able to get 5 alcoholic drinks at each meal if you want them.

Purchase of alcohol at Disney requires proof of age, must show ID

Under no scenario can I envision a single adult being allowed to purchase 5 alcohol beverages w 5 qs meals

We won't know until next year what the limits will be. I do see restrictions in place.mwe will see

Purchase of alcohol at Disney requires proof of age, must show ID

Under no scenario can I envision a single adult being allowed to purchase 5 alcohol beverages w 5 qs meals

We won't know until next year what the limits will be. I do see restrictions in place.mwe will see

But others have already been on this (or the other) thread to say they have bought alcoholic drinks at QS places with no proof of ID asked for, and they have bought multiple drinks at the same time. I agree that buying 5 drinks would probably be a bit much and someone would or should ask, but then you need 5 bodies with their ID standing there, and that just makes for so much congestion at the point of sale at best and a longer wait as they buyer yells for them to join him at the worst.

Or what about this scenario...the poster I quoted earlier has 3 Disney adult kids on their plan. They've paid for ADULT meals which include an alcoholic drink. I still say they're entitled to that drink, and all they have to say is we met up with some friends and want to treat them to a drink. Using credits for people not on your plan is allowed.

Perhaps Disney is already figuring out how to put ID of some kind into MDE, so all you do is scan your MB and all is good. This won't help if you're wanting to treat some friends, but it will tell the CM that there are only 1 or 2 true adults on the plan. I don't know.

But others have already been on this (or the other) thread to say they have bought alcoholic drinks at QS places with no proof of ID asked for, and they have bought multiple drinks at the same time. I agree that buying 5 drinks would probably be a bit much and someone would or should ask, but then you need 5 bodies with their ID standing there, and that just makes for so much congestion at the point of sale at best and a longer wait as they buyer yells for them to join him at the worst.

Or what about this scenario...the poster I quoted earlier has 3 Disney adult kids on their plan. They've paid for ADULT meals which include an alcoholic drink. I still say they're entitled to that drink, and all they have to say is we met up with some friends and want to treat them to a drink. Using credits for people not on your plan is allowed.

Perhaps Disney is already figuring out how to put ID of some kind into MDE, so all you do is scan your MB and all is good. This won't help if you're wanting to treat some friends, but it will tell the CM that there are only 1 or 2 true adults on the plan. I don't know.

When we go down in April/May next year, we will have 5 adults and 5 kids (ages 9, 7, 5, 2 and 5 months). If Disney thinks I'm standing at a QS with all of my group, they're crazy! Not just because we will jam up the line, but balancing holding hands and trays will be a nightmare.

Frankly, Disney knows everything about us anyway. All of our ages are in MDE. a quick scan of my MB SHOULD show everyone in my room and that there are 5 adults 21+.

Many in Epcot bars have been refused alcohol without a photo ID

We will have to see how they implement this new feature

When we go down in April/May next year, we will have 5 adults and 5 kids (ages 9, 7, 5, 2 and 5 months). If Disney thinks I'm standing at a QS with all of my group, they're crazy!

I'm pretty sure that's how you're supposed to do it, actually...

One of the biggest factors for us will be that we have 3 adults and 2 children staying in our room and we are staying 14 nights. The room discount at 25% would be the equivalent for $134 a day (7500 for the rack rate) or $33.50 per person per day. We will easily spend more than that on food, especially with the alcohol drink. If there was only 2 of us staying in that room, we would have to spend $67 a day which would be harder and would force us to order expensive things just because they are expensive.
Buying the plan outright would be much more difficult to justify I imagine but in our scenario (if the free dining offer is made again in 2018) its a no brainer.
So remember, factor in the number of people in your group when you do your math. Also, if you are going to be doing the dining plan, consider how much more upgrading to a deluxe resort is vs upgrading your value dining plan to a regular DDP.

Let me get this right:

I typically get a glass of wine at all of my table service meals. Since I always drink water with wine (ALWAYS), I can have my wine and the water and it will both be on the plan. Right?

Many in Epcot bars have been refused alcohol without a photo ID

We will have to see how they implement this new feature

It must be the younger looking folks. :) I have bought more than one drink several times in Epcot without id.

The beverage is not separate like the snack credit. Compare it to soda at the meal type of option

Regarding alcohol on the kids credit, no clue
Willthey limit one per adult ID? Or multiple per ID? No clue yet

But you won't be able to redeem the new beverages outside of meal credit usage

Oh I wasnt aware it took the place of the beverage, I was under the impression it could be used as you wished say in Epcot mid afternoon for example, so really the kids will need their drink credit for their drink, gotcha:)

I also wasnt aware there was much in the way if alcoholic beverages at counter service locations, but perhaps we just werent looking, therefore didnt notice..thx!

Does anyone know if the prices are different for DVC members? I could be wrong but I think that right now (2017) the dining plan is a few dollars cheaper when booked to a DVC reservation.

I also wasnt aware there was much in the way if alcoholic beverages at counter service locations, but perhaps we just werent looking, therefore didnt notice..thx!

A survey of the menus at AllEars shows that most counter service places (outside of the Magic Kingdom) have beer and/or wine, and I'd say roughly half have at least one alcoholic "specialty drink".

If I am understanding this correctly, on the DxDP, if you eat at a signature restaurant you can get 2 alcoholic/specialty beverages?

For ex, a glass of wine and a specialty coffee with dessert.

If I am understanding this correctly, on the DxDP, if you eat at a signature restaurant you can get 2 alcoholic/specialty beverages?

For ex, a glass of wine and a specialty coffee with dessert.

No. At a signature, you still get a single beverage entitlement, which you may use for one specialty beverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!