2018 Free Dining

If the bounce back offer is any help, the summer/fall free dining offer dates were 8/1/18 - 9/8/18, and 12/7/18 - 12/22/18. That was only available thru 10/31, so I don't know what it is now.

And the general Free Dining offer (if there is one) may or may not line up with that. Resorts/offer was QS dining for Values and Moderates, and DDP for Deluxes.

Do we have to book Park Hopper passes? Or will a 3 Day Admission to One Park per Day meet eligibility for the Free Dining Promotion?

Curious, if you have Canadian resident tickets, can you somehow upgrade them into a package with free dining, or no?

Way too early to speculate, I would think.

It feels like every year the requirements are different to get Free Dining. (Wasn't one year recently requiring a 6 night stay with hoppers?)

Honestly with the opening of Toy Story Land, SWGE, the upcoming upgrades to Epcot and MK (for the 50th), I doubt Disney really needs Free Dining to draw people to the parks anymore ... especially with the popularity of the Halloween and Christmas times ...

I am surprised they haven't ended it yet. While they will lose some "every year" guests that like to take advantage of the promo, they will probably have no problem filling those rooms with all the new excitement coming and the other events/promotions they offer during the fall.

Curious, if you have Canadian resident tickets, can you somehow upgrade them into a package with free dining, or no?
I don't think that you can, as a requirement for Free Dining has been a package with park tickets with Park Hoppers.

We can combine it with a room offer, but not another package offer.

Example:

If there was a 20% of room only offer we could book that and ad the Canadian resident tickets.

However if there is a free dining offer we can only book that as a package with the park tickets at the advertised price for that offer.

Okay Booked for Mid October 13th thru the 19th S. Hataying at CBR Have not added dining in hopes that free dining will come out for those dates. Plan on getting dining regardless would it be better to add dining now just in case, there would be a price increase for dining?

Okay Booked for Mid October 13th thru the 19th S. Hataying at CBR Have not added dining in hopes that free dining will come out for those dates. Plan on getting dining regardless would it be better to add dining now just in case, there would be a price increase for dining?

I don't think October is usually included in free dining.

We cancelled our September trip due to the hurricane. Rebooked for October and tried to get the free dining promo added but was told that there is no free dining offered in October.

We got an early October FD years ago, but haven't seen it for awhile. If you are planning on getting dining either way (like we are for next December) we find it best to add it at the beginning and budget for paying. If we are lucky enough to get a promo, it's gravy. I wouldn't want to stress about trying to add dining after the fact, but that's me :)

In 2016, we checked in on Saturday, October 1st and were eligible for free dining. It all depends on how the calendar fall for that first Saturday of the month in whether you can get free dining in October or not.

These two promos came out today:
PROMO #1
***You can delight in one FREE meal per person (ages 3 and up), per night at a select Walt Disney World quick-service dining location when you buy a non-discounted room and theme park ticket package at a select Disney VALUE Resort hotel. Offer valid for arrivals most nights May 29-Aug. 25, 2018 when you book through Feb.11, 2018.***

PROMO #2
***When you are planning a sun and fun-filled visit to Walt Disney World, staying in the middle of the magic will help you make the most of their vacation – and now is the time to book! With this offer, you can save up to up to 20% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels.

- For stays most nights 2/18-4/14/2018, book through 3/7/2018.
- For stays most nights 4/15-6/10/2018 book through 4/7/2018.

Plus, when you upgrade to a room and ticket package that includes a minimum 5-day theme park ticket with the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, you can get one more day added to the ticket, FREE!*

The following room types and Disney Resort hotels are excluded: 3-bedroom villas, Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter.***

interesting promos. My first thought was that the first one doesn't seem so great as it has to be on a non-discounted room ... but it is for the summer months when there likely won't be a ton of discounts so i guess it is something

Last edited:
Just coming over here to post the info on the discounts. Interesting that they are already releasing discounts for the summer. The "free dining" offer is just for quick service restaurants so there's probably not a lot of savings there.

Called bright and early only to be disappointed... for promo 2 it says POR is included but at 7am they indicated no rooms of any kind available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!