2018 Military Room Rates

We were able to book Animal Kingdom Lodge for June 2018. The discount wasn’t quite 40%, but still happy with the discount we received. :)

We were able to book Animal Kingdom Lodge for June 2018. The discount wasn’t quite 40%, but still happy with the discount we received. :)

Yea, I’m thinking I didn’t get 40% off either after doing the math. I’m on hold now cause it should be 40% off.

I’m also on hold. I calculated that we got 35%. It’s always been 40% in the past.
Yea, I’m thinking I didn’t get 40% off either after doing the math. I’m on hold now cause it should be 40% off.[/QUOT

Last edited:

:tinker: With a little pixie dust....
We some how went from Beach
Club Garden Room to Club Level
Garden:earsgirl::earsgirl:
Just wondering, Were you able to book a military rate for the Garden Room initially? The CM I spoke with said there was only club level available and the rate was a lot more for that! :scared:

So looking at Steve’s post on the military Disney tips Facebook there are multiple people with this same issue. I got no clarity when I called earlier so I’m calling again after triple checking my math.
According to the military Disney tips blog the discounts should be the same as previous years.

So looking at Steve’s post on the military Disney tips Facebook there are multiple people with this same issue. I got no clarity when I called earlier so I’m calling again after triple checking my math.
According to the military Disney tips blog the discounts should be the same as previous years.
After your call, if you get a chance could you post what the CM said about the rate?
I know everyone appreciates the discount, it's just nice to know for sure what the rate is for 2018.

Finally got off the phone with the cast member. She said the 2018 room discounts are different than previous years. For 2018 the discount is based on the type of room you book within the resort. For example, we booked Animal Kingdom Lodge, savannah view, which was calculated at 35% off. If we had booked a standard view, it would have been 40%. Not sure how accurate this info is. It will be interesting to see what other responses people get to this question. It seems very confusing.

Finally got off the phone with the cast member. She said the 2018 room discounts are different than previous years. For 2018 the discount is based on the type of room you book within the resort. For example, we booked Animal Kingdom Lodge, savannah view, which was calculated at 35% off. If we had booked a standard view, it would have been 40%. Not sure how accurate this info is. It will be interesting to see what other responses people get to this question. It seems very confusing.

That IS so confusing. I liked being able to calculate how much you’d be spending based off the resort category. I’m still on hold....I’ll see what I’m told.

After your call, if you get a chance could you post what the CM said about the rate?
I know everyone appreciates the discount, it's just nice to know for sure what the rate is for 2018.

Ok, after an hour and 20 minutes wait the cast member couldn’t tell me anything. She said there are no specifics released yet. So I asked to speak to a supervisor which is guest services which has a 45 minute wait.
I can’t stay on the phone that long since my kiddos will be home from school soon and it’s a surprise trip. So I’ll probably just wait till the dust settles and call back later.

Just booked AKL May 31, 5 nights, Standard View, 1409.13. That is at 40% off rack. Pool view was available as well at $1600. Nothing at WL for those dates except club level. Hotels available were Contemporary, CSR, CBR, POR.

I found slim pickins for my dates of 2/22-2/26, but did manage to get coronado for 2/23-2/26, and I don't think it was 35% off, not sure what it was, but there were no values that weekend, yes I realize it's princess weekend, but was hoping for something, but will take what I got, and probably just book little mermaid for the 2/22 since only half of our party is flying in that night

It is not a 40% discount for the dates I checked--more like 35% in the Deluxe properties. They have scaled back on the percentage, and availability was pretty slim for the dates I checked. If you find something better do the deposit.

Just wondering, Were you able to book a military rate for the Garden Room initially? The CM I spoke with said there was only club level available and the rate was a lot more for that! :scared:
No,,Only BoardWalk but cm said we can book Beach Club Garden .... I ask what the difference in price. She said "you are all set.Thank You for your service . Have a very magical day."
And she was gone before I had a chance to ask her. I received our email and just notice
:tinker:Deluxe Room- Club Level

So happy

No,,Only BoardWalk but cm said we can book Beach Club Garden .... I ask what the difference in price. She said "you are all set.Thank You for your service . Have a very magical day."
And she was gone before I had a chance to ask her. I received our email and just notice
:tinker:Deluxe Room- Club Level

So happy

That is so awesome! I wish I had your luck today! I literally got a headache trying to work everything out. It was such a mess. 3 1/2 hrs spent on the phone with no resolution.

I just got off the phone and the CM quoted me prices for POP - pool view, CBR- preferred and Beach Club - standard. The discount equaled to 25% POP, 30% CBR and 35% BC. So seems to be in line with what others are getting. Those were the only ones I asked about, besides POR where they only were offering Royal Rooms at the military rate. I did not get a price quote as I wasn't interested. He tried to encourage me to book something as a place holder until I can maybe find what I wanted at POR as "the closer it gets to arrival, the less will be available. I said it's day 1 and I'm booking for June....9 months from now. How much slimmer can it get? If something doesn't open up where I want, I have done Orbitz and Cheap Tickets with stackable coupons for almost as good as the military rate. Once at POP it was actually cheaper by a few bucks.

Good luck to the rest of you.....

regards

That is so awesome! I wish I had your luck today! I literally got a headache trying to work everything out. It was such a mess. 3 1/2 hrs spent on the phone with no resolution.
I called back and found out something different . CM said " It's like a Disney lottery. Hit or miss. We (CM'S) don't have any control of the Military Rates,
it's all in the computer program. This year it's deals with the contract with
Military and Disney's Resorts. Each
Resorts has different tiers levels.
Each Resorts has certain amount of rooms set aside for Military Rate"
So I ask if Polynesian was available for dates in September and she said no but Animal Kingdom Lodge Pool view was available and I said no thank you.
So I guess it is hit or miss. Hope you are able to find something. Keep trying.

The dates are super slim this year! Last year we had no issue for a mid may wilderness lodge booking(booking it in january too!). My TA got us two bunk bed rooms at WL but one room is for our older parents! 55+ and no way are they crawling up into a bunk bed!

Im checking for alternate dates and a couple different hotels. But its very nerve wracking!!

My step daughter is undergoing spinal surgery this summer that will have her out for the whole summer so attempting to swing this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!