2018 Princess Half Marathon

The Family Gift of Magic offer is blacked out, but if anyone is planning on making it a 5-night/6-day stay the Play, Stay, and Dine offer is available for the run weekend I believe

Life is busy and I hardly get to this thread, still not running yet, just my 5 mile daily walks. This is my farewell tour, haha. The Princess Half was my first half in 2009 as well as the first half for my two daughters. This race has grown and changed dates and I have made it work, but now is the time to end my 10 years of Princess. I do not like that Disney changed the race weekend as it is too busy for me and I would also like to see them cap the numbers a bit lower and be more firm on requirements i.e.. 16mm. There is far fewer character photo ops, and I understand it is impossible as those starting so far back it is hard to get everyone through, a reason to cap the entry at lower number. I do love chatting up people in the corrals, and all the volunteers are so nice and it deeps me motivated in the winter.
Last week I made rest reservation at AKL, a big upgrade from the values I usual book. I will have my husband, daughter, son-in-law and one year old granddaughter in tow. We will stay and enjoy the parks a few days after the run. I have bought a dress to wear for the run and will train, hopefully starting in mid November. I off to Portugal to walk the coast about 300k with my backpack next week! I will be walking about 20k a day, good warm up before I set into a running.

Anyway, I wish everyone a great training season, hopefully injury free, and much success in meeting your goals come February!

Does anyone know if it's better to enter a POT from a longer race vs a shorter race? Last year I used my 3:58 marathon time and it got me in corral A. Right now I have my 3:56 marathon time and my POT but am wondering if it's better to use my 1:49 half marathon time instead? Or will it not make a difference?

I was able to change to AKL OMG :cool1:

I am so stoked. Not a Savannah view, but I would have been able to afford that even with the discount lol. The BF is going to be SO SURPRISED omg I wonder if I can hold out and not tell him until it's time to get on the bus at MCO.

There are standard rooms that have a savannah view!!!! They are located over these things called "people pens". This is the view from our room in 2016IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0109.JPG

Does anyone know if it's better to enter a POT from a longer race vs a shorter race? Last year I used my 3:58 marathon time and it got me in corral A. Right now I have my 3:56 marathon time and my POT but am wondering if it's better to use my 1:49 half marathon time instead? Or will it not make a difference?

I don't know but put in something. The 1:49 half will get you in A or B. The first corrals are small, if they use the method they have been using the last couple of years.

@Bree yeah for AKL. I have stayed once but never for Princess Half so it makes me a bit nerve with buses as I don't know the routine. The discount that came out saved me nothing infact it was more expensive. Glad I booked last week and we have what we wanted and I booked a savanna room.

Last edited:
There are standard rooms that have a savannah view!!!! They are located over these things called "people pens".

omg that looks amazing. the only option was pool view so my understanding is that's no savannah view at all, which is fine if we can see them when we're out and about in the lobby and stuff. I'll keep an eye out to switch to standard but not holding out hope.

The discount that came out saved me nothing intact it was more expensive.

oh that's a shame. it would have saved me a few hundred if I'd stayed at POFQ, which would have been a nice perk if I hadn't gotten AKL.

also, in running news I am running a 10K for POT on Monday and I feel super underprepared WHEEEEEE

I can't get the discount on my room type for my resort. I'm hoping something will become available later. Last year, I had to wait a few weeks.

I have a rawthreads membership question. I emailed them yesterday, but haven't heard back.....

I paid for a membership on Wednesday and want to sign up for the Wine & Dine 10K. How do I use a buddy pass? I don't see an option anywhere.

How's everyone's training going? I ran 6.5 miles yesterday and really can't even believe that I will be running double that in February!! Yikes!! Is anyone else using the Galloway training calendar for the Fairy Tale Challenge?

I have a rawthreads membership question. I emailed them yesterday, but haven't heard back.....

I paid for a membership on Wednesday and want to sign up for the Wine & Dine 10K. How do I use a buddy pass? I don't see an option anywhere.

RawThreads only has half and Challenge for Wine & Dine left ... they haven’t had 10K for a while.

How's everyone's training going? I ran 6.5 miles yesterday and really can't even believe that I will be running double that in February!! Yikes!! Is anyone else using the Galloway training calendar for the Fairy Tale Challenge?

I going to try and use the Galloway training for the 1/2 marathon, although I don't use his exact intervals. I might have to swap some days though. I'm a nurse and I work weekends. I also do strength training with a trainer so I might move the long run day to Tuesday since I do legs at the end of the week. I ran 6.2mi today on tired legs and it was rough. I felt very slow.

Hmmm....I purchased a 10K bib yesterday for myself.

Nice!!

I've been looking every day for two weeks for a friend ... I wonder if they're going through wait list? When I looked yesterday, it was just half and challenge and they had those new countdown clocks that said race registration closes on the 17th.

It's a lot, but you have so much training time ahead of you, it's not as bad as you think. It seems like an ultra when you've just started! I actually unofficially started when only the 2017 GSC plan was available. I am working my way back up to distance running, so I needed time for breaks and repeating weeks.

Has anyone ever trained through the holidays before? How do you keep up? For me, the diet will be the worst when it comes to the holidays, plus my birthday is in December. Don't want to derail but also don't want to be running 9.5 miles just a few days after Christmas. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter