2018 Princess Half Marathon

I think it's the foot bone thing she's looking at. I didn't ask, though. I officially like her, but when healthcare people are peeving me I just want to leave and I disengage. (Which is why I am a huge proponent of having someone with you to ask the questions you aren't asking, but I have no one to do that)

Doing the exercises was causing terrific changes. I keep forgetting to do them though. And I've had a nasty cold this week. Let me put it on my calendar right now...maybe then I'll do them. My son and I walked home
From the YMCA yesterday morning, though. We only have one car and dh needed it. Nearly 3 miles and I had only one foot twinge. I've decided that that's my official start to training. :)

My clumsy self strikes again. I was on a ladder working on the crown molding we are installing. I leaned back to check out my handy work and reached behind me to steady myself on the wall. Only problem was that there was no wall behind me. Fell about 5 feet down onto tile floors. I sprained my ankle, sprained both wrists and bruised my ribs and shoulder and knee. I signed up last week for the Wine & Dine 10K to get a new POT. I'm hoping RunDisney will have some pity for me and let me defer or refund me ( even if it's a gift card).

Anyone know what time the expo will close on Saturday (February 24) for bib pick up? Thanks!

My clumsy self strikes again. I was on a ladder working on the crown molding we are installing. I leaned back to check out my handy work and reached behind me to steady myself on the wall. Only problem was that there was no wall behind me. Fell about 5 feet down onto tile floors. I sprained my ankle, sprained both wrists and bruised my ribs and shoulder and knee. I signed up last week for the Wine & Dine 10K to get a new POT. I'm hoping RunDisney will have some pity for me and let me defer or refund me ( even if it's a gift card).

Oh no! So sorry to hear that -hope everything heals quickly.

... Fell about 5 feet down onto tile floors. I sprained my ankle, sprained both wrists and bruised my ribs and shoulder and knee. I signed up last week for the Wine & Dine 10K to get a new POT. I'm hoping RunDisney will have some pity for me and let me defer or refund me ( even if it's a gift card).

Oh no!! I hope you get well soon!!

Having fallen off a 5’ high stage onto a concrete floor before, I absolutely know what you’re going through. :worried:

This thread reminded me to put a race proof of time in... I don't want to end up in the last corral!! Hope everyones training is going well :)

Happy first day of the training plan! I got in 3.45 miles today in about 40 minutes. Anyone else following the official training plan?

Happy first day of the training plan! I got in 3.45 miles today in about 40 minutes. Anyone else following the official training plan?

I am! I actually started it weeks ago, so I would have some wiggle room for injury and illness.

I am! Well, I started in July to prep for my proof of time 10k, and then my 10k ended in perfect timing to be this past weekend so I would start the training plan all over again this week.

But it was raining this morning... so I'll either start Thursday or start next week since the first week's "long run" is 2 miles and I feel like I can skip right to week 2 if need be.

I started this morning! I had to modify just a bit from Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday to Wednesday, Friday, Sunday due to work. I'm a little ahead of the game too since I have a 10-miler coming up on November 5th. But very excited to mark off the first day on the training calendar - makes it feel like it's coming closer :goodvibes

I sprained my foot on Sunday after my long run (8 miles) so I’m hoping it doesn’t affect my training too much. The physio says I can try an easy run tomorrow if I’m not in pain. Our 10K POT race is on Sunday... I’m not too worried if I have to miss it, since I already have my 2:01:50 half marathon time. I just hope DH can get a decent time in the books!

After the 10K, I’m thinking about trying out a beginner marathon training program to see if I can handle it. If training goes well this time, I’ll register for my first full in 2018. :)

I did the first training run last night on the treadmill. The days are getting too short to run outside already here. It's dark by the time I would be finishing. Hopefully I will be able to do my long runs outside for a while yet.

I did the first training run last night on the treadmill. The days are getting too short to run outside already here. It's dark by the time I would be finishing. Hopefully I will be able to do my long runs outside for a while yet.

I know - I hate the darkness!! I started this morning about 7:10 and it was pitch black :worried: Luckily I was on a trail that has lights close by - and the sun rose before I finished...

I know - I hate the darkness!! I started this morning about 7:10 and it was pitch black :worried: Luckily I was on a trail that has lights close by - and the sun rose before I finished...

I'm fortunate that I'm a nurse and I work 3 12 hour days so I can run midday to train. I'm usually out by 10/11am. Not a fan of the early morning run. If I have to work I'll hit the treadmill afterward.

I just cannot make myself get out of bed early enough! I've started the training plan for the half. I started running again this summer after > 1 year off. I'm in it for weight loss with some strength training, then maintenance/fitness. I run in the early evenings unless the heat is brutal (southern Louisiana), then I just wait until right before dark.

I’m a morning runner. In the summer I get up around 5 and am out the door around 6. In the winter I push that to a little later. I’m in bed by 9 pm though so getting up early isn’t so hard for me.

I'm not following the exact training plan, but I'm excited to see that on my Excel spreadsheet the race is in view when I scroll to this week's training! I'm lucky enough to work at home, so I walk my oldest son to school and then start my run from there. I was hoping it would be a bit cooler by now though so I wouldn't have to keep walking into school in my skimpy running skirts and tanks! So hoping the medals get released soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter