2018 Princess Half Marathon

So glad the race shirts came out since I will be doing my packing tonight. I can pack less knowing I will actually wear the shirts each day. Can't wait!!

No costumes for me. Just colorful running skirts and a headband tiara.

Finally got out for a run today after taking a week off to try and get better. I did 2 miles and it felt ok. I'm pretty nervous about the half, but not much I can do now!

Is anyone else staying at AoA? What time are you aiming to be on the bus?

i am and plan for 3:30 a ish

Do you get a coral placement in advance if running just the 10K?

Do multiple buses leave the resorts or only certain times? I’m staying BWV.

Thanks I’m sure this has been covered just so much info and not enough time :)

We find out 10K corral info when we get our bibs.

There will be multiple buses.

You can get a good idea of what your corral may be based off your Bib Number.

This really isn't the best place to ask, but it is race related :) At POP specifically, 1) do they have hot water dispensers in the food court and 2)Do they work at 3am? I don't drink coffee, but I was going to bring my own tea bags and try to make tea to drink before the races. I will have a roommate I'd prefer not to wake up by microwaving water in the room, so I was hoping I might be able to get hot water in the food court. Wishful thinking?

Sorry if this has been asked, but what is a safe time I should leave/arrive if I'm staying off property (in the Universal area)? I'm going to be meeting up with friends who are staying on property.
It realyl just depends on how long the drive is from your hotel to WDW - Google maps can tell you that; there won't be any traffic to contend with that early. I use the race buses as a guide: if they start running at 3am, I'd want to be on one at 3:15am if I were onsite - if it takes me 15 minutes to get from my hotel to WDW, I'd aim to leave at 3am.

anyone with more experience/better memories than me have an estimate for what the temps will be at 5:30 am if the high for the day is supposed to get up to 87 (according to weather dot com)?
The previous night's low temp is what you're looking for - that will be the temp at race start and it really has nothing to do with the day's high temp, which we don't hit until later afternoon. Probably safe to assume a low in the low-mid 60s, rising into the 70s through the race.

It will be humid and I think that will get to all those that trained in cold and/or dry weather. The humidity drops a bit right around sun rise...I usually notice the drop. Also coming up to the gas station around mile 7 or 8 the sun will be rising or up and we head right into it. Sunglasses or hat?
Yep, I love that drop in humidity at sunrise! Sunglasses AND visor for me: I find it to be pure torture to have sun glaring into my face/eyes.

Your 10K corral will be printed on your bib - you won't know until you pick it up. Lots of buses arriving and departing continually throughout the window of operation!

Last edited:
This really isn't the best place to ask, but it is race related :) At POP specifically, 1) do they have hot water dispensers in the food court and 2)Do they work at 3am? I don't drink coffee, but I was going to bring my own tea bags and try to make tea to drink before the races. I will have a roommate I'd prefer not to wake up by microwaving water in the room, so I was hoping I might be able to get hot water in the food court. Wishful thinking?

You do not have a microwave in the room at Pop.

The food court should be open at that time for the races.

Went out for a short four miler. Figured I would test the weather as it is in the 70's and sunny...a bit hot, but at least on race day the sun won't be high in the sky like this afternoon.
Looking forward to heading out of here...I'm in the middle of a master bath remodel and it is not going smoothly.

Went out for a short four miler. Figured I would test the weather as it is in the 70's and sunny...a bit hot, but at least on race day the sun won't be high in the sky like this afternoon.

I did the same today! Our temps were in the mid-60s this morning, and I definitely felt the difference from my other training runs in the high 30s/low 40s. Was good to get a feel for what it'll be like for the races.

What time do people staying at a monorail resort usually head out on a race morning?

Must start by saying that the monorail is only open in the morning for the half.

And I headed out about the same time as I did for the 10k bus, because you have to change monorail lines at TTC. Made me nervous.

Anyone know what time they corrals leave or how long there is between corrals? If I'm in the second too last corral should I expect an hour wait?

I have no last minute questions to add right now I'm just so excited that it's finally the night before! I just finished a short run, and am going to finish packing! I hate packing. If I had a fairy godmother I would have her pack my suitcase every time.

But I love traveling! I'm weirdly excited to go to the airport and get my coffee and chocolate chip muffin. (They better not be out). And I'm excited to stay at the boardwalk! And I'm excited that tomorrow at this time I have fast passes for pirates of the carribean!!!

Do you think it is okay to wear your race shirts to a sig restaurant? It will match the medal around my neck.... (hopefully)
I don't think it would be a problem. Most of them don't have a specific dress code. Victoria and Alberts is the only really strict one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter