2019 Advent calendars

AmyAnne

DIS Veteran
I think there was a thread last year, and I was in Kohls yesterday and noticed a display of Lego advent calendars, so I thought I'd start a thread for this year.

I'd be interested in any recommendations for beauty products calendars--I looked last year but I never found one that had good enough reviews.

The Kohls display had Star Wars, Harry Potter, and two others that I can't recall.

I made my own last year for DS and it was HUGE hit! I got the little Chinese takeout boxes and put a little surprise in each of them and mounted them on foam board in the shape of a tree. I put Lego minis, candy, Matchbox cars, etc.

Previous years I had always done the Lego calendars. This was so much more fun!

I just ordered the Bonne Maman jelly advent calendars on Amazon. They sold out last year fairly quickly. You can order now and they will ship later this month. My in laws are in their 80’s and they thought this was the best gift ever!!

I think there was a thread last year, and I was in Kohls yesterday and noticed a display of Lego advent calendars, so I thought I'd start a thread for this year.

I'd be interested in any recommendations for beauty products calendars--I looked last year but I never found one that had good enough reviews.

The Kohls display had Star Wars, Harry Potter, and two others that I can't recall.
Lego usually does Lego Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lego Friends, and Lego City. They put them out in late august and when I was TRU staff we were usually sold out by late September :D
Others I've seen are Fisher Price Little People, Paw Patrol, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Playmobil, and the ever popular 12 days of socks ones which go super fast but don't come in till Xmas reset.

Sidenote: If anyone's kids love Hatchimals and they got their calendar last year don't buy the new one. It's the exact same toys inside, just new packaging.

I've seen socks, tshirts, sephora had one last year. Not sure if the infamous tsum tsum calendar is coming back but that one always seems to be a hot ticket.

If anyone is a fountain pen fan (I know I'm a nerd!) Diamine released an advent calendar with different inks.

I made my own last year for DS and it was HUGE hit! I got the little Chinese takeout boxes and put a little surprise in each of them and mounted them on foam board in the shape of a tree. I put Lego minis, candy, Matchbox cars, etc.

Previous years I had always done the Lego calendars. This was so much more fun!

I would love to do this for DH. I meant to last year but the holidays kinda blew up in everyones faces.

I am doing one for my son (young adult). I will do a mix of things, like gift cards to restaurants, grocery stores, small items like gloves, one will be a cold and flu day with klenex and cold meds, some home baked cookies, alcohol (he is old enough) and a few other things :)

Target had a 12 Days of Disney Socks last year. My teen daughter loved it and still wears the socks. She opened one every other day. I think they were also available at other retailers and with discounts were very affordable.

Last year I did the German beer calendars from Costco for DH and DS22. And I got a tea calendar from World Market for myself. We all had a hard time drinking enough to keep current with the calendars. DS didn’t like the German beers, but DH did and he still couldn’t keep up.

I got DD20 the NYX calendar from Sephora. She really liked it, but she opened all the windows the day she got it, which kinda ruined it a little.

So I don’t think I’m going to do calendars this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter