2019 Disneyland Paris Marathon Weekend

After getting back from my second Princess, I decided that this will hopefully be the year that I do Paris! I've been thinking about it since last year but I'm ready to pull the trigger. I hope I'm not too late for the 36K challenge! I just emailed the travel agent I used for Princess to see if she also books Paris races or has a recommendation for someone who does.

Your two options to book as a package are to call Disneyland Paris directly (call WDW and ask to be transfered, but remember the time difference) or with one of the approved travel providers found on the runDisney Disneyland Paris website.
http://run.disneylandparis.com/site...ficial_travel_partners_contacts_list_v3_0.pdf

Since bib only sales have not started you should still be able to get the 36k challenge as part of a hotel package.

Hi any idea when the bibs only sale will be on and how do I sign up to be notified?

If they follow the same timeline as 2018 bib only sales will open in mid April. Check the runDisney Disneyland Paris site to see if there is a way to sign up for email notifications. You can also follow the Run Disney France Facebook page.

Fair warning, last year some of the bibs - especially the challenge bibs - sold out in a few hours. People reported issues where they had the bib in their shopping cart and it was no longer available for purchase when they went to checkout.

Officially booked! I'll be doing the 36K challenge, and we'll be staying at Sequoia!

Officially booked! I'll be doing the 36K challenge, and we'll be staying at Sequoia!

Congrats! I'm staying at Sequoia as well, it's perfect walking distance to the races.
Since you completed the Princess half, you also qualify for the Castle to Chateau medal!

Just booked for my 4th Disneyland Paris Half Marathon.
I will do the 36k challenge and my girlfriend will do her first 5k and the 10k.
We will stay at Sequoia too.

Just booked for my 4th Disneyland Paris Half Marathon.
I will do the 36k challenge and my girlfriend will do her first 5k and the 10k.
We will stay at Sequoia too.

How much is your entire package if you don't mind me asking?

They announced the theme! It's:

Adventures

Really difficult theme for outfits!

I wonder if the photos in the ad are previews of the medal themes? Peter Pan, Jungle Book, and Brave?

I'm undecided on costumes so far, but if they match the "adventure" theme it'll just be a coincidence since we don't really intend to plan around that. My husband and I will most likely re-wear our Aurora and Prince Philip costumes for one of the races we're doing together. For the other we've discussed Incredibles, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, Jessie and Buzz, Woody and Bo Peep, or Lumiere and Mrs. Potts.

No idea what I'll do for the half. I'm considering wearing my Ariel costume that I bought for the Princess 5K and didn't end up wearing (since I decided at the last minute not to do it). But I also love my Anna costume from the Princess half so much that I'd love to re-wear that too!

And that is for one person? Or two? Seems pretty pricey? What am I missing?

That's fairly close to our total. We're paying $1749 for four nights at Sequoia Lodge (including breakfast), two two-day park hoppers, one 36K challenge registration (me), and one 10K registration and one 5K registration (my husband), plus travel insurance covering all of that.

For those of you who have done these races before, is the 5K like WDW where you have a very liberal amount of time to finish? I'm contemplating the 36K challenge but only if I can leisurely stroll the 3.1 miles before running a 10k the next morning. Did it feel doable to do the 5K and then get up the next morning to do the 10K and the half the morning after? And are the 10K and half also like the WDW where you have a cushion based on when the last person crosses the mat? Are there balloon ladies?! Thanks, just want to know what I'm getting myself into before committing. I'm super slow so those extra minutes sometime are needed!

Our package is running 1274 Euros-that is a 36K race entry for me, 6 park days, 5 nights. Coming in Thursday, leaving Tuesday, at Cheyenne. US citizens that went through Ireland's Disneyland Paris link-we do not plan on staying until Tuesday but it was 100+ Euros cheaper to book 5 nights over 4 as the discount was 35% for 5, 10% for 4. We elected not to do breakfast as we normally do a food run to a local grocer upon arrival to our hotel, we plan to do the same here. In addition, I'm not sure that I'd be done with the half before breakfast serving is over. The themes seem interesting.

How does one sign up for the Castle to Chateau challenge. I did a dummy reservation on the Disneyland Paris website and other than the 5K/10K/36K options, I do not see where we can sign up for the C2C challenge?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!