2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the thing - a lot of kid menu offerings are things like nuggets, Mac & cheese, or fried chicken tenders. Some have healthier options, but some don’t. On the rare occasion that I’m not sharing with him, I’d like the option of ordering him whatever meal we want without worrying about it. Sounds like that will be doable from reading this thread!

For those who have had experiences sharing-- have any had a large party with only a few on the plan?

Many I have read are two sharing with another two. I'm just wondering if they may be more likely to balk at two on the plan buying meals for a larger group.

Also, what about if you're doing a more complicated arrangement (like not everyone is ordering a full meal with app, entree, desert)?

For those who have had experiences sharing-- have any had a large party with only a few on the plan?

Many I have read are two sharing with another two. I'm just wondering if they may be more likely to balk at two on the plan buying meals for a larger group.

Also, what about if you're doing a more complicated arrangement (like not everyone is ordering a full meal with app, entree, desert)?

We had three on a plan in one room and used credits for 6 people every place we ate in December. I have friends arriving on Sunday planning to share all this coming week and I will report back on which restaurants and how they shared. They have 5 people in one room on the plan and sharing with 11.

We had three on a plan in one room and used credits for 6 people every place we ate in December. I have friends arriving on Sunday planning to share all this coming week and I will report back on which restaurants and how they shared. They have 5 people in one room on the plan and sharing with 11.

Thanks! We have 7 and will have the plan for 3 for one night and then just for 2. Some meals may just be 4 of us, but some all 7 may decide to go but probably won’t order 7 full meals (credits).

Ex. Maybe we use 5 credits and one daughter gets a kid’s meal (pay OOP) while other daughter just fills up on our appetizers and desserts. (There’s no way DH and I will eat our app/dessert plus an entree)

Thanks! We have 7 and will have the plan for 3 for one night and then just for 2. Some meals may just be 4 of us, but some all 7 may decide to go but probably won’t order 7 full meals (credits).

Ex. Maybe we use 5 credits and one daughter gets a kid’s meal (pay OOP) while other daughter just fills up on our appetizers and desserts. (There’s no way DH and I will eat our app/dessert plus an entree)

They ate at the Boathouse today and shared no problem. 2 adults and 3 children on deluxe. Diner with 11 people 6 adults and 5 children. Used credits on adults and paid out of pocket for the kids.

It’s the End of our four day trip on deluxe dining and we had zero issues sharing anywhere. We were a party of 7, with 1 room on deluxe dining (2 adults / 2 kids) and 1 room (1 adult/ 2 kids) with no plan. We used credits to pay for:

-all 7 of us at Hollywood and vine lunch
-all 7 of us dinner at maya grill (kids were allowed to order off adult menu)
-all 7 of us for Tonys Parade package
-3 adults (6 credits) at be our guest dinner (we paid out of pocket for the kids as it’s a very poor use of 2 credits for a kids meal)
-all 7 of us at tusker house breakfast
-5 meals at yak and yeti (shared 5 app, 5 entree, 5 dessert amongst 7 of us and it was still way too much food!!)
-all 7 of us at Akershus lunch

No issues, questions or suspicion anywhere, either with sharing credits or using more adult credit than # of adults listed on the plan and paying for kids OOP. Very reassuring !!!!

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this but I don't understand why guests think it's okay to share credits on any dining plan. If a party of 3 guests have booked their package with the dining plan, that only entitles those three to use the credits since they paid for it. If another family/friend party booked without the dining plan, then they would pay out of pocket. Sharing credits sort of sounds like cheating the system. I'm expecting lots of flames in response to this but I would never think of trying to use whatever credits I have left to cover five meals other peoples meals when I only have 3 guests on my reservation. If I wanted to help a family/friend out towards their dining, I would either buy them Disney gift cards or pay to add dining plan to their reservation.

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this but I don't understand why guests think it's okay to share credits on any dining plan. If a party of 3 guests have booked their package with the dining plan, that only entitles those three to use the credits since they paid for it. If another family/friend party booked without the dining plan, then they would pay out of pocket. Sharing credits sort of sounds like cheating the system. I'm expecting lots of flames in response to this but I would never think of trying to use whatever credits I have left to cover five meals other peoples meals when I only have 3 guests on my reservation. If I wanted to help a family/friend out towards their dining, I would either buy them Disney gift cards or pay to add dining plan to their reservation.
We think it's ok because it has been allowed and even encouraged for several years.

I don’t see how it’s “cheating” and why you would think someone should throw their extra credits away and then pay out of pocket for some meals.

If you paid for X number of meals, I don’t see how it’s scamming to redeem your credits for the X number of meals that you paid for.

That said, I do personally have an issue with paying child prices and then using the credits for adult meals. To me, that does seem like cheating, but Disney has continued to allow it so they’re obviously not too concerned about the cost difference.

I don’t see how it’s “cheating” and why you would think someone should throw their extra credits away and then pay out of pocket for some meals.

If you paid for X number of meals, I don’t see how it’s scamming to redeem your credits for the X number of meals that you paid for.

That said, I do personally have an issue with paying child prices and then using the credits for adult meals. To me, that does seem like cheating, but Disney has continued to allow it so they’re obviously not too concerned about the cost difference.
I would agree with all of this.

Dining plans are per person on the room reservation - not per room, or per traveling party. Sharing with others not on your reservation is (currently allowed) beating the system.
That said, I do personally have an issue with paying child prices and then using the credits for adult meals.
Kind of amusing, given that adult/child credits haven't ever been applied separately on the DxDDP.

Kind of amusing, given that adult/child credits haven't ever been applied separately on the DxDDP.

I know they haven't. That's why I said that it feels to me like it's cheating (getting something more expensive than what you paid for), but obviously Disney doesn't have a problem with it since they choose to not distinguish the credits.

So would you think it equally wrong to share snack credits? A credit is a credit, right? For example, we are DVC AP folks and eat out with Tables in Wonderland. My parents are joining us on the Disney Dining plan. By your logic, it is wrong for my parents to use their snack credits to purchase a Mickey Bar for their granddaughter with their credits. Am I wrong? By the same reason, if you buy pre-packaged snacks with your credits and take them home to share, that would be wrong, according to you. Also, lets say we are out to dinner with my folks. They receive two desserts with their dining plan. If the server brings more than one spoon for each dessert so we can share, is that wrong too?

So would you think it equally wrong to share snack credits? A credit is a credit, right? For example, we are DVC AP folks and eat out with Tables in Wonderland. My parents are joining us on the Disney Dining plan. By your logic, it is wrong for my parents to use their snack credits to purchase a Mickey Bar for their granddaughter with their credits. Am I wrong? By the same reason, if you buy pre-packaged snacks with your credits and take them home to share, that would be wrong, according to you. Also, lets say we are out to dinner with my folks. They receive two desserts with their dining plan. If the server brings more than one spoon for each dessert so we can share, is that wrong too?
Exactly, the bottom line is you pay for x number of credits per person per night, even the brochure says you can use them any way you want.

It’s only “cheating the system” when someone with a child orders an adult meal, that is getting more than what you paid for. Sharing an adult credit with another adult isn’t. You pay for x number of credits. What’s the difference of using them all in one day or split up any which way. It’s still the same amount of credits, same amount of money.

By your logic, it is wrong for my parents to use their snack credits to purchase a Mickey Bar for their granddaughter with their credits
Technically, yes. Actually, no. Yes, they're using dining credits to purchase something for someone not on their plan; the number of items in that single transaction does not exceed the number of individuals on the Plan.
Also, lets say we are out to dinner with my folks. They receive two desserts with their dining plan. If the server brings more than one spoon for each dessert so we can share, is that wrong too?
No. They're not using credits to purchase for you. They're not using credits to purchase more of X than there are persons on their reservatiin/plan.
It’s only “cheating the system” when someone with a child orders an adult meal, that is getting more than what you paid for. Sharing an adult credit with another adult isn’t. You pay for x number of credits. What’s the difference of using them all in one day or split up any which way. It’s still the same amount of credits, same amount of money.
When you use a credit to treat someone not on the DDP, Disney is not getting any dollars from that person for that meal.

Technically, yes. Actually, no. Yes, they're using dining credits to purchase something for someone not on their plan; the number of items in that single transaction does not exceed the number of individuals on the Plan.

No. They're not using credits to purchase for you. They're not using credits to purchase more of X than there are persons on their reservatiin/plan.

When you use a credit to treat someone not on the DDP, Disney is not getting any dollars from that person for that meal.
Ah, yes they are. The credit was paid for no matter who uses it.

Dining plans are per person on the room reservation - not per room, or per traveling party. Sharing with others not on your reservation is (currently allowed) beating the system.
I'm not quite understanding if you mean they are intended for (any) person in that room (because you also say "not per room") or if you mean that you believe they are only for the individual.

If you're meaning the latter, then I don't think that's true. I know the rules are vague and can be interpreted in different ways, but it does state "You can redeem your meals and snacks in any order during your stay, until the number of meals and snacks associated with your package has been depleted." The bolded makes it seem to me that the credits are all part of a package and not intended to be used by individuals in any particular way.

Technically, yes. Actually, no. Yes, they're using dining credits to purchase something for someone not on their plan.
But nowhere in the rules does it state that you cannot purchase something for someone on the plan. So I don't know why you're so insistent that it's against the rules.

It used to be stated pre-2014 ("You may not redeem meals or snacks for any Guests who are not on your Disney Dining Plan."), but it does not say that now. It's not some technicality that Disney missed that people are using to scam the system. If Disney had that rule listed explicitly before, then they could continue to include it if they wanted to prohibit this method of redeeming credits.

I'm not quite understanding if you mean they are intended for (any) person in that room (because you also say "not per room") or if you mean that you believe they are only for the individual.

If you're meaning the latter, then I don't think that's true. I know the rules are vague and can be interpreted in different ways, but it does state "You can redeem your meals and snacks in any order during your stay, until the number of meals and snacks associated with your package has been depleted." The bolded makes it seem to me that the credits are all part of a package and not intended to be used by individuals in any particular way.

But nowhere in the rules does it state that you cannot purchase something for someone on the plan. So I don't know why you're so insistent that it's against the rules.

It used to be stated pre-2014 ("You may not redeem meals or snacks for any Guests who are not on your Disney Dining Plan."), but it does not say that now. It's not some technicality that Disney missed that people are using to scam the system. If Disney had that rule listed explicitly before, then they could continue to include it if they wanted to prohibit this method of redeeming credits.

Plus several on here have emailed and called specifically and asked if those on the dining plan could use their credits to pay for meals for others not in their room and have been told yes by these cast members. That is the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter