2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be possible. Truly looking to see if it’s a few rogue managers or if it becomes more widespread.

I had no idea until fairly recently -
it was possible to share credits with others.
On our last trip with deluxe dining-
We were asked at every restaurant if we were all on the same reservation.

I couldn’t comprehend why that mattered if it was acceptable to pool credits?!

I do so wish I had questioned servers -
As our forthcoming trip in May (for my 50th) i fully intended to spread the joy with one room on qsdp and another on deluxe.
I truly don’t know what to do now..

I emailed Disney and got this response:

At this point, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. The reality is that I would have taken a shorter trip if this had been the policy.

To be clear I specifically asked this:
We are traveling as 2 adults, 1 child. We will be on site for 10 total days. We are meeting up with a family friend for one meal of the trip who live locally in Florida. We would like to pay for his meal with us with a credit from our Disney Dining Plan, which we have done every year for several years. This year, though, I'm hearing that policy has changed? Can you clarify for me what that may mean?

Rainbow (Disney)

Jan 9, 6:57 PM EST

Dear Christina,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

So glad to hear you are joining us soon and enjoy the Disney Dining Plan!

The Disney® Dining Plans have always been only for the guests on the resort reservations who have the plan, not other guests. If you were able to apply your credits to another guest, that was something done out of the norm. The policy has not changed at all, it just may now be enforced more.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Have a Magical Day my friend!

Sincerely,

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Last edited:
The emails are just like the cm's who answers the phones. You get a different response every time. I wouldn't worry too much about the email.

The emails are just like the cm's who answers the phones. You get a different response every time. I wouldn't worry too much about the email.

exactly, i remember reading in previous versions of this thread someone posted an email from disney that said you can share (i looked for it but couldn't find it). i am also curious that if this has been the policy from day one, why did they specifically remove the wording from the dining plan brochures starting in 2015?

Today while walking into Epcot I had the chance to visit with a very friendly restaurant server from the Coral Reef. I got asking him about sharing credits on DxDP. He mentioned how originaly there was no sharing. However a number of years ago due to customer pushback Disney changed its stance. The understanding now is that once a customer pays for the dinning plan it’s as though they’ve prepaid their food. therefore they should be able to use it (redeem credits) as they like.... it’s the customers food after all since they pre-bought it. He also said that since DxDP doesn’t distinguish between adult and child they just see a DxDP credit as a credit the customer can use however they like. He said there has been no internal policy change on either of these issues. Makes me wonder if it isn’t just a few “rogue managers” to quote Pumbaa. However it’s conflicting then to read the email in tinagirl’s post.

I’m beginning to think I need to ask a bus driver

Today our group ate at Rose & Crown. No problems with sharing. We were a party that exceeded our resort reservation by two. Our sever however must have been near the end of her shift... seemed tired and not entirely personable. Overall a good meal though.

I emailed Disney:

Walt Disney World Guest Mail
To:you Details

Dear Paula,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

As long as you are dining together and have the entitlements, you are able to use it for other guests dining with you. I hope this helps and that you have a MAGICAL visit with us.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Garrison Swenson
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

We are planning on dining with two other family members who will not have the dining plan. Can we use table service credits to purchase a meal for them?

Thanks,

Paula

Here is the email i was referring to. It was from earlier in 2018, so there really is conflicting reports.

I think there has been pushback on this because of people using a child credit for an adult. People use to think that it was a loophole because they simply couldn't tell which credit was which, when clearly they know who is on the dining plan (whether the info their machine displays is new or it has been that way the whole time is debabtable) and they simply chose not to enforce the rule that has always been stated that children must order from a children's menu when available. Where Disney's logic is to say no sharing as opposed to them just enforcing the child credits be used for children's meals is a bit silly. I don't think disney loses money sharing, which is maybe why the took out the wording in the first place. Maybe they figured with more flexibility, more people would buy it. I think this is really about child credits for adult meals and an easy fix for that is start enforcing that rule...people cant argue when it's stated and they all damn well know they are doing it.
So are they having a problem with using child credits for adults? Or only the total number. For example if I have One room with one adult and three children all in the deluxe dining plan. In another room with three adults. And I go out to dinner with the three adults. When they scanned my band it will say that I have four people in my room on the dining plan will they let me use my credits for those other three adults even though technically the people in my room are children?

When I went in Dec they could tell on our hands as soon as they scanned it showed 2 adults 1child. We had no problem using those credits to pay for 4 adults and 1 child. They knew they just didn't care. One time at via napoli they did get manager approval. The manager came to our table and said it was no problem. This was on Deluxe for 10 days.

To sum up our sharing experience over the last week, we have dined at and successfully shared at (often using more credits than number of guests on our resort reservation)

Boma
Chef Mickey
Rose & Crown
Crystal Palace
San Angel
Artist Point (Storybook Dinner)

We also did a number of locations paying OOP, getting either a DVC or AP discount.

Here’s to continued successes.....

The only two meals we plan on sharing credits next month are CG and Artist Point, so these last two posts are very encouraging. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

our server told us the kids were free to order from the adult menu with the deluxe plan

She was happy for us to share our credits with the two other adults.

Thanks for the updates! Did you have to ask first for the kids to choose adult meals, or did the server just volunteer that info? And same with sharing the credits w/ other adults - did you need to ask for approval first?

Thanks for the updates! Did you have to ask first for the kids to choose adult meals, or did the server just volunteer that info? And same with sharing the credits w/ other adults - did you need to ask for approval first?

Nope, the server suggested the kids for adult meals and there wasn’t an issue with the server asking for approval in any places.

Has anyone tried CRT yet? My husband and I will have the DxDP, my dad and stepmom are joining us for a couple of days (I made them their own reservation at BLT). We were planning to treat them to breakfast at CRT using our dining plan, I'm hoping that still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts