2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the quick replies to my "TIW discount for Eat to the Beat" question. I don't trust the CM's response and don't want to be surprised when the bill comes. We're just going to make a normal dining reservation, pick the show time we want, and go with the flow (line). We don't need the appetizer or desert, so the cost for us is rather steep. As far as TIW value, this is our AP year with 24+ days at WDW including a Family GTG (6 adults). We also like an occasional drink and TOTWL, so we will easily break even or better.

I've searched, really I have. Can TIW be used with the Eat To The Beat Dining package? Looking at San Angel Inn Oct 14th. $60 - $12 (20% TIW) = $48 plus $8.64 gratuity. Disney Dining Line CM says yes, but TIW Web Site says no. Thanks in advance. May just book the restaurant outright and stand in line for Kenny G.
I agree. The phone CMs don't always know what will happen onsite and the website indicates it will not apply. But, there is a 10% off discount to eat to the beat packages with an active AP for the Passholder and up to 3 guests:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/fall-passholder-exclusives/

Also, the automatic tip on TiW is 18% *prior* to discount. So, $60 would be $10.80 tip. I realize TiW won't apply to the package, but didn't want you to be surprised at other restaurants.
Normally TiW discount will not work for Eat to the Beat dining packages but for now there is an AP Discount for them! I’m sure we really don’t need the package for Mercy Me as I can’t imagine that many people are into Christian Contemporary music but just in case, I have the package booked. I want a seat and I wasn’t sure how popular they will be. I hope I’m totally off base and that they will be packed to the gills :fish:

Just did some looking around and found this info maybe it will help someone else.

On Your Fourth Visit to the Festival
  • Receive a complimentary Passholder Chef Minnie wooden coaster set.
Important Details
Please note: Mouse Gear opens at 9:00 AM, while Disney Traders and the Festival Marketplaces open at 11:00 AM. Not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged magnets. One Chef Minnie magnet, one Chef Remy magnet and one coaster set per Passholder. Available while supplies last. Must visit Mouse Gear or Disney Traders and must present your valid annual pass and photo ID to receive the magnet and coaster set. Passholder visits will be automatically tracked upon park entry, so you only need to visit the distribution location to redeem your gifts or check your number of visits.

Up from 3 visits in previous years. Is this the new future of these festivals or is this just a crowd-spreading strategy related to GE opening?

Up from 3 visits in previous years. Is this the new future of these festivals or is this just a crowd-spreading strategy related to GE opening?
I don't know, but we are doing a 4-night trip and we had planned hitting Epcot on 3 days. Wondering if these are worth the effort to squeeze another day. It would be tight.

Last edited:
So I was bumbed to not see Smash Mouth this year! Now thinking I can sneak this into my schedule :D so excited

That suggests to me that you might have seen them before. Are they worth a trip? I'll be there at that time and don't really know Smash Mouth.

I thought it was 4 last year too? I remember going into Epcot on our MNSSHP day to make sure I got all of the visits. I wouldn’t be surprised if it keeps going up though - just another way to get people to visit more.

I thought it was 4 last year too? I remember going into Epcot on our MNSSHP day to make sure I got all of the visits. I wouldn’t be surprised if it keeps going up though - just another way to get people to visit more.

It was four visits for the cutting board last year as well. 2017 was the button embarrassment :rolleyes:. 2016 was the tumbler glass... I think it was 3 visits for that.

My wife and I have done other festivals at epcot and absolutely loved the decor but have never been to food and wine. We love the booths at F&G and Holidays but I want some feedback about the seminars. We only have 2 days and no kids in tow and have the flexibility of park hopping. Are they worthwhile from a time or value standpoint? I would hate to spend all that time to get 1-2 thimblefuls of wine and wish we had done something else. Can we expect something approaching a meal/ heavy snack with the pairing seminars?
If you only have two days, I would just focus on the booths and maybe a demo if interested. There is a lot of food to be had in those booths - good food at that.

That suggests to me that you might have seen them before. Are they worth a trip? I'll be there at that time and don't really know Smash Mouth.

So I love Smash Mouth and found their concert last time very very fun! If you've seen Shrek the theme tune song they sing and its kind of that vain of music. I have seen a couple of times now and never not enjoyed them.

I’m debating on the Parisian Afternoon event for one of our F&W days... has anyone ever been to it and would you please share your thoughts? We are spending two afternoons and one evening at the festival, and that’s about the amount of time we need to check out the many booths we like to try. There are four of us (girls trip!) and we split everything so we can each taste a couple of bites of lots of things. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth taking two hours for one meal away from our traditional booth hopping. Bottomless mimosas are appealing, but I’m torn. Advice, please!

I’m debating on the Parisian Afternoon event for one of our F&W days... has anyone ever been to it and would you please share your thoughts? We are spending two afternoons and one evening at the festival, and that’s about the amount of time we need to check out the many booths we like to try. There are four of us (girls trip!) and we split everything so we can each taste a couple of bites of lots of things. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth taking two hours for one meal away from our traditional booth hopping. Bottomless mimosas are appealing, but I’m torn. Advice, please!

It really depends on you. If you attend this event you will be done with booths for the day because you will be so full. If you are ok with that then I definitely recommend it

It really depends on you. If you attend this event you will be done with booths for the day because you will be so full. If you are ok with that then I definitely recommend it

That’s what I’m thinking... and I don’t know if I want to give up trying lots of stuff. I’m leaning towards doing our usual thing since we aren’t locals and only take one trip. If I was a local, I’d want to try so many of the special events!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter