NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

I was hoping today, but now that it's PM in the east coast I'm not betting on it. Could be tomorrow or a Friday I suppose. They wouldn't have to leave that extra day in. Or, they could shock us and do a Monday and open bookings on Wednesday (Platinum) and the following Monday for the general population.

They wouldn't open bookings for Platinum on a Wednesday and then not to the general public until the following Monday as that would give Platinum 5 days lead in time and they are only supposed to get three (if you count Saturday and Sunday to call in, which you could because the phone lines are open on weekends).

They wouldn't open bookings for Platinum on a Wednesday and then not to the general public until the following Monday as that would give Platinum 5 days lead in time and they are only supposed to get three (if you count Saturday and Sunday to call in, which you could because the phone lines are open on weekends).

That assumes Disney is logical (or logical to the general population)...
You are absolutely correct if they're going to maintain the exact advanced booking window ratios - which they most likely are.

We’re also anxious to see the winter 2019 itineraries. I do have one question. If those are released on one of the next two Thursdays with the Platinum booking starting on the following Monday (or some variation of this scenario), we’ll be on the Wonder for the EBPC cruise. Will we be able to book onboard on opening day, since we would be trying to book at the future cruise desk on the ship rather than calling in?

We’re also anxious to see the winter 2019 itineraries. I do have one question. If those are released on one of the next two Thursdays with the Platinum booking starting on the following Monday (or some variation of this scenario), we’ll be on the Wonder for the EBPC cruise. Will we be able to book onboard on opening day, since we would be trying to book at the future cruise desk on the ship rather than calling in?
Yes, we booked onboard the EBTA at the desk when they opened booking for fall 2018 in May. We had to wait until they opened for everyone but people that were platinum, gold or silver were able to book before.

Yes, we booked onboard the EBTA at the desk when they opened booking for fall 2018 in May. We had to wait until they opened for everyone but people that were platinum, gold or silver were able to book before.
Thank you. I’ll be ready if the itineraries are announced while we’re sailing.

We’ll be on that EBTA as well.

My TA generally sends a notice before the release. The last time I asked her, she was thinking December, but you really never know.

So I was talking to my TA about this, and her comment was no one wants to book a cruise right before Christmas. (I'm assuming meaning funds are tight at the holidays as it is and adding another chunk of change in the form of a deposit to that time of year would be hard to do). Anyone agree with this? Disagree? Just curious. Hoping to book a trip in the spring of 2019 as we had to drop our upcoming summer trip. Basically, I'm just waiting with the rest of you.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney has ever opened bookings in December that I can ever recall!

So I was talking to my TA about this, and her comment was no one wants to book a cruise right before Christmas. (I'm assuming meaning funds are tight at the holidays as it is and adding another chunk of change in the form of a deposit to that time of year would be hard to do). Anyone agree with this? Disagree? Just curious. Hoping to book a trip in the spring of 2019 as we had to drop our upcoming summer trip. Basically, I'm just waiting with the rest of you.
I wouldn't want to book a cruise right before Christmas - funds are tight and that month (and usually November) we are using funds for Christmas. I like October for releases much better.

In 2012 it was released in December. Everyone was expecting it to be released in October. They did offer a 10% deposit down for everyone that booked in that 30 day period.

If you call to book a cruise when your castaway club level day is open are the prices the same when it's online or is it cheaper? I'm planning to book a placeholder on my next cruise so I'll have to call regardless. But it would be nice to not be on hold for hours and look at all the options. Is it ok to wait for it to be online or will I be missing out on something by not booking right away?

Also when will summer 2019 be released? Looking through here I think people were saying December but I wasn't sure

If you call to book a cruise when your castaway club level day is open are the prices the same when it's online or is it cheaper? I'm planning to book a placeholder on my next cruise so I'll have to call regardless. But it would be nice to not be on hold for hours and look at all the options. Is it ok to wait for it to be online or will I be missing out on something by not booking right away?

Also when will summer 2019 be released? Looking through here I think people were saying December but I wasn't sure

It would only be cheaper if the availability doesn't increase the prices between the day Silvers can book and the day non-Castaway Club members can book. Otherwise it would be the same price.

Summer 2019 will likely be released in the February/March timeframe. They announced the Summer 2018 itineraries on 2/21/17, with gold/platinum booking starting on 2/22, everyone else on 2/23.

Summer 2019 will likely be released in the February/March timeframe. They announced the Summer 2018 itineraries on 2/21/17, with gold/platinum booking starting on 2/22, everyone else on 2/23.
Ok great thanks! I'll keep an eye out for it.

So nervous about the 2019 TA. I checked and the prices for the 2018 are double what they were last time I checked. Trying to find the opening day prices but worried that we are priced out of my daughter's graduation present.

So nervous about the 2019 TA. I checked and the prices for the 2018 are double what they were last time I checked. Trying to find the opening day prices but worried that we are priced out of my daughter's graduation present.
The TAs start pretty low usually. They are usually an excellent deal.

The TAs start pretty low usually. They are usually an excellent deal.

I know that is why I am so shocked at the current prices. Fingers crossed. She wants to spend at least a few days in England once we are there and with the airfare and all it's going to be expensive even with a low cruise fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!