2019 Virtual Series - Marvel Themed

I really wish they would include tyvek bibs with registration. They can't possibly be that expensive to make and ship along with the medals. I was really disappointed with the downloadable bib last summer.

I really wish they would include tyvek bibs with registration. They can't possibly be that expensive to make and ship along with the medals. I was really disappointed with the downloadable bib last summer.

Why would you ship a bib with the medals? The bib is for doing the run, so you'd want it beforehand I would think. It seems like a more environmentally friendly way that they're doing it now, anyway. Folks who want the bib for their own reasons can print them out themselves, while folks who don't aren't sent a waste piece of paper.

I really like the marvel theming and the medals (so far) look great. But I'm just not sure I can justify $145 for 4 medals for a "virtual run" (I'm an all or nothing kind-of person, I guess).

Does anyone know if part of the registration money goes to charity? (I tried researching this on the RunDisney site, but no luck ; so I'm guessing the answer is no).

I’m not sure I like the medals. I do the runs with my three kids. I just get them the medals. I’ll see what they think of them and go from there.

Anyone able to register? I thought it was 10:00am today. I'm on and all I get is the Thank you for your patience screen that keeps refreshing automatically.

That one works. Thank you!

Just registered my DD up for the challenge. We will run them with her and award the medals to her once she complete's the run. I think she will really enjoy this.

I did this with my 7 year old grandniece last year. I did exactly what you’re planning. We waited a few days for the medal to “arrive” then presented it to her after her runs. It was a mild shock doing the first 3.1 miles but I explained running medals have to be earned and it’s hard work training. She and her mom are joining us this year!

Brother in law in for August sister doing challenge I’ll most likely cave and do challenge too

Just registered my DD up for the challenge. We will run them with her and award the medals to her once she complete's the run. I think she will really enjoy this.
I registered my nephew for the August virtual 5K last year. When his medal finally came in late September, I got a very excited phone call saying "It's here" although he only knew that the box contained his birthday present. He did not know what it was. We did the distance that evening and he loved it.

So, the challenge medal is essentially a marketing item for Marvel. o_O
Maybe it's more meaningful to people who have always loved Marvel, but I agree with this. I had hoped the medal might have multiple characters or something like that. The logo and the number 80 are kind of blah to me.

I do like the other 3 medals, but am undecided if I like them enough to sign up for any of the races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!