2020 dining plan- credits are now adult and child specific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbaa_

>Hakuna Matata!<
2020 has seen the adult and child credits broken out.
this was new for dxdp credits and qs credits.
qs exchange for 3 snack credits limited to adult qs credit on
child qs credit has no exchange value

this thread is to post specific experiences encountered or one offs encountered

this thread is not to debate
  • price of adult vs child
  • why the age for adult should be higher
  • there should be a junior pricing
  • anything else that caused the last thread to be shut done
  • aka as anything off topic

Last edited:
Specific question that I have seen varying answers on FB groups- If you have a child with a child TS credit can they still get a "non-alcoholic specialty beverage"? I have heard they no longer can because it is not "on the children's menu".. but I also saw a screen shot saying that customers under 21 could get a specialty beverage--- but maybe that refers to adult TS credits? Any actual experiences?

Children 3-9 are restricted to the children’s menu. If there are fancy drinks, great, they can have it

they cannot order items from the adult menu

so while the plan says fancy drinks, in reality 3-9 yo are extremely limited in what they can order

Are credits still pooled per family? ( maybe per reservation is the better word there) We will be 5 adults no children, 10 days, reg dining. So that's 50 QS meals, 50 table service, 100 snacks. It doesn't matter which band is used for any of this, right? It's not 10Qs, 10 TS and 20 snacks per band?

Interested in reports of "Disney adults" being able to use child credits to pay for child meals at a la carte TS restaurants. I have a small 11 yo I'd like to share credits with his sister. We will have two rooms - Total of 6 adults (which includes 11 & 12 yo) and 1 child.

Are credits still pooled per family? ( maybe per reservation is the better word there) We will be 5 adults no children, 10 days, reg dining. So that's 50 QS meals, 50 table service, 100 snacks. It doesn't matter which band is used for any of this, right? It's not 10Qs, 10 TS and 20 snacks per band?

Yes, all bands in one room can be used to access all the credits, so be sure everyone knows how it works and they don't use more than their allotted share.

Interested in reports of "Disney adults" being able to use child credits to pay for child meals at a la carte TS restaurants. I have a small 11 yo I'd like to share credits with his sister. We will have two rooms - Total of 6 adults (which includes 11 & 12 yo) and 1 child.

I'm confused as to what you want to do. Are you asking if your 11 yr old can get a kid's meal and then share that meal with his sibling? The kid's meals are tiny and I can't imagine them being shareable by an 11 yr old and another child. Will the sister not have credits?

OOOOHHH. I just figured out what I think you're asking. You want to use the child credits for the 11 yr old AND the child. So the child is sharing their credits to get kid's meals at a la carte. Gotcha. Yes, you should be able to do that. Still have a question, though. What is the plan for the adult TS credits the 11 yr old doesn't use and what will you do once all the child credits are gone?

Last edited:
I am confused, the 11yo has adult credits, the child has child credits. Do you want to use the child’s credit to get a meal to share with the 11yo? Totally not enough food. Use 2 child’s credits to get a meal for each? As asked before, what are you gonna do when you run out of child’s credits? And what do you do with the extra adult credits?

I’m sure you are aware, but just on the off chance that you are not- if you have ten days but are staying nine nights, your tally would actually be 45 of each meal and 90 snacks.

Yes, all bands in one room can be used to access all the credits, so be sure everyone knows how it works and they don't use more than their allotted share.

I'm confused as to what you want to do. Are you asking if your 11 yr old can get a kid's meal and then share that meal with his sibling? The kid's meals are tiny and I can't imagine them being shareable by an 11 yr old and another child. Will the sister not have credits?

OOOOHHH. I just figured out what I think you're asking. You want to use the child credits for the 11 yr old AND the child. So the child is sharing their credits to get kid's meals at a la carte. Gotcha. Yes, you should be able to do that. Still have a question, though. What is the plan for the adult TS credits the 11 yr old doesn't use and what will you do once all the child credits are gone?

We will be getting Dlx plan for one room. So sharing credits b/w rooms. Determining whether to do 2 adult and 1 child on plan or 3 adults and paying OOP for child buffets for dd.

I am obviously using adult credits for him at AYCTE places. Adults will be sharing meals/apps/desserts at ala carte. (Also have light eater grandma.) Child's Meals are perfect for him and I will have leftover child credits. We will be using credits for character meals and a few of the more expensive TS and paying OOP for QS meals.

Just concerned bc of statement on menus stating only kids 9 and under can order for kid menu. I would think that if Disney started enforcing this it would also apply to OOP as well. (Which is another option).

Just concerned bc of statement on menus stating only kids 9 and under can order for kid menu. I would think that if Disney started enforcing this it would also apply to OOP as well. (Which is another option).

They aren't enforcing that at this time. I'm not sure it's even on the horizon. The only thing they are enforcing is that kid's must order off that kid's menu when using dining plan credits.

Great thanks! (although...I want the teenagers to be able to use up some of my leftovers, so this works out perfectly for us!)

I’m sure you are aware, but just on the off chance that you are not- if you have ten days but are staying nine nights, your tally would actually be 45 of each meal and 90 snacks.

Thank you. That is an excellent point - credits = number of hotel nights, not days on property. (I actually have a 14 NIGHT stay, but used 10 for my example since the math was easier... that is soooo very lazy)

Casey’s is one of them. I’ve read different things from the 1st

one family was told there was nothing available for a child credit
another was told there was a child option but I never heard more

I haven’t heard anything else yet

So I'm new to trying to "pool" credits. We've always gone under the free dining promo (except our last trip where we paid for the DDP OOP) with 4 Disney adults in one room, so no concern about paying for meals for people not in our room. Now we're looking at going in March along with my daughter's high school softball team. I have an AP. We planned to book a room for DH and add tickets for him and the DxDP and use his credits for both of us. I'll be staying with the team as a chaperone. Should I be concerned about being able to use his credits for my meals since our reservation will only show one person staying in his room?

Hi all - Just wondering what would happen at a QS restaurant where there weren’t kids choices?
To elaborate on what @Pumbaa_ said, what we’ve heard anecdotally from a couple of reports from Casey’s during the first few days is that WDW will be adding children’s menus.

In the meantime, if a location does not have a children’s menu, the system will not take the child credit for the adult meal, so you would have to use an adult credit, pay OOP, or select a different location that offers a children’s menu.

We haven't been to Disney in years, so I'm still figuring this out.

I know that the DDP has separated out adult and child credits. I've seen the report of the child QS credit NOT being allowed to be used for snacks whereas the adult QS credit can be swapped for 3 snacks in one transaction. While researching and planning new QS meals to avoid PB&J/chicken nuggets, I found this on the Disney Parks Mom Panel:

• On Jan 6, 2020
    Lenoy from ON Asked
    Hi there, I know for adult quick service meals we were able to exchange 1 meal credit for 3 snack credits. Will that still be the case in 2020? and does this also apply to Kids' meal credits? can they exchange for 3 snacks? We love snacks!!”
    Welcome to the Disney Parks Moms Panel, Lenoy! Thanks for stopping by with your question.

Sampling all of the snacks available at the Walt Disney World Resort is one of my favorite parts of vacation! It must be the season for snacking as my friend and fellow Panelist, Clara, just answered a similar question from another guest!

I like that you are using your Disney Dining Plan in a flexible way to best meet the needs of your family. My husband and I have always felt like it was a good fit for us as well. And, since you know that you're a snacking family, I have great news for you. Once again for 2020 you will be able to convert a Quick-Service dining entitlement (both adult and children's) to three snack entitlements, as long as they are redeemed during the same transaction. This was confirmed for all of the festival booths, such as what you would find at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts. You may also be able to do this at other restaurants and snack kiosks around the Walt Disney World Resort, at their discretion.

Best wishes, Lenoy, as you make your list of tasty treats to try and I hope your vacation is sweet and delicious down to the last bite, just like a Mickey-shaped ice cream sandwich!

Lauren

AND this one:
    • On Jan 5, 2020
      Terry from United Kingdom Asked“Hi. Does a child QS dinning credit convert to 3 snack credits like an adult QS dinning credit does? We are visiting during Festival of the Arts and want to try lots of options! Thanks.”
      Hi there, Terry! Welcome to the Disney Parks Moms Panel!

I am so excited you’ll be visiting Walt Disney World during the upcoming Epcot® International Festival of the Arts. Disney festivals are so fantastic, and I’ve heard that this one is an incredible blend of culture, arts, food & drink, and all things Disney magic! I cannot wait to attend in the future. I’m especially excited to hear you’ll be taking part in the Quick-Service Dining Plan during your visit, which will definitely allow you to fully experience the culinary arts offerings during this festival, which appear to be second to none! After all, no theme park does food and drink quite like Epcot!

Regarding your question, I am thrilled to say that I have confirmed that you should, at the merchant's discretion, indeed be able to trade one Quick-Service Dining credit (whether adult or child) for 3 snack credits, all within one single transaction. What better time and place to do so than during your exciting February trip!

Well Terry, I am sure you are counting down the days to your next Disney adventure! Rest assured that you’ll be able to try every scrumptious treat your heart desires — and remember, in the wise words of my co-panelist Aena, calories just don’t count at Walt Disney World!

Please come back anytime if we can be of help to you in planning your Disney travels; we are so happy to help!

See ya real soon!
      -Clara

Is the Disney Parks Mom Panel a RELIABLE source of information?

I don’t know. we need more reports back. So far I’ve heard both ways

Is the Disney Parks Mom Panel a RELIABLE source of information?

Yes and no. Like us, they are relying on their experience and those they've heard from others.

If you read some of the fine print, they both say "at the merchant's discretion," or something like that. The trading of QS credits to snacks is found NOWHERE in the Disney literature about the dining plans. It is something that has always been done, especially at the resorts and festivals, but it is always up to the individual merchant if they want to allow it.

As individual places begin to see how Disney reimburses them for this, we may see more or fewer places allowing it for kid's credits. If they are losing money, they'll stop doing it. If it's not much difference, they'll continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!