2020 dining plan- credits are now adult and child specific

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be really great and hopefully it is true! If anyone experiences it first hand let us know!
On a side note, can we transfer a child table service credit to a QS or 3 snacks? We have a 3 night stay with DDP and we are inviting my parents (who are not on the dining plan) for our first night so we will be paying for them... therefore we will be left with an extra child Ts credit. Is there anything we can use it for?

I’m not sure. I have seen one post saying child qs was traded for 3 snacks and one post where they were told no, I have seen nothing about a ts exchange.
hopefully we will have more reports as folks get back from their vacations/holidays

Luckily we aren't going until the end of the year so all the child things will be ironed out and answered by then! We went right after the alcoholic drinks were added and no one knew anything on that one. I'm really hoping we can exchange the children's qs for snacks, we will just use those at the festival and pay oop for their meals.

@mattpeto
I've been following a post over on the DIS FB page and there is ONE report of someone NOT being able to use more child credits than they had kids on the plan at BoG for lunch. They were ordering at the kiosk, not a preorder, so if you're still hoping to do this for breakfast to use up some kids credits, I'd definitely preorder.

@mattpeto
I've been following a post over on the DIS FB page and there is ONE report of someone NOT being able to use more child credits than they had kids on the plan at BoG for lunch. They were ordering at the kiosk, not a preorder, so if you're still hoping to do this for breakfast to use up some kids credits, I'd definitely preorder.

Thanks that’s great to know.

I messaged disney (what a waste of time) about the exchange of a qs for snack credits. I was very specific and intentional in my question regarding child snack exchange - and they just said 'yes we still trade qs for snacks.' Super unhelpful. I'm still waiting to hear anecdotes about this. My husband is so annoyed by the change that he just wants to drop the ddp all together even though we got the fd.

My plan as of right now is to do BOG breakfast with everyone eating the child meals if possible, hopefully that works out. I am also fine eating a child meal for *my* meal because I really like fries and chicken nuggets anyways. We really intended for my 4 and 2 year old to share meals at qs. I think it can still work out. I mean, there are still 2 snacks plus a ts to play with. And the drink mug. I feel like (after calming down and reading a lot) that the dining plan can still work. Its a *lot* of food, in general.

We always do the deluxe plan. My son is 8 and very picky. In the past we just wouldn't use a credit for him at some sit down restaurants and would get three snack at counter service to take in with him. Now this year it seems that may not be an option. At table service restaurants does anyone if you can order a kids meal with just sides? Like he doesn't eat any meat. Would they just give him carrot sticks and grapes or fruit for example. If available of course. He really enjoys going to the restaurants even though he doesn't eat many things.

At table service restaurants does anyone if you can order a kids meal with just sides? Like he doesn't eat any meat. Would they just give him carrot sticks and grapes or fruit for example. If available of course. He really enjoys going to the restaurants even though he doesn't eat many things.

There should be a vegetarian option for the kids. If there isn't one on the menu, I'd ask about one. With the enforcement of kid's must order from the kid's menu, they will have to do something for vegetarian kids.

I messaged disney (what a waste of time) about the exchange of a qs for snack credits. I was very specific and intentional in my question regarding child snack exchange - and they just said 'yes we still trade qs for snacks.' Super unhelpful. I'm still waiting to hear anecdotes about this. My husband is so annoyed by the change that he just wants to drop the ddp all together even though we got the fd.

My plan as of right now is to do BOG breakfast with everyone eating the child meals if possible, hopefully that works out. I am also fine eating a child meal for *my* meal because I really like fries and chicken nuggets anyways. We really intended for my 4 and 2 year old to share meals at qs. I think it can still work out. I mean, there are still 2 snacks plus a ts to play with. And the drink mug. I feel like (after calming down and reading a lot) that the dining plan can still work. Its a *lot* of food, in general.
I think the reason you cannot get a specific answer about exchanging child credits, or credits in general is that this may still be determined by the restaurant, so there really is not a definitive answer because some may not exchange at all.

As far as annoyed due to the change in policy, there is no change, Disney is now enforcing its policy by closing a loophole it allowed. For this, along with any meal plan you have to look at what your family will eat and then either buy the plan or pay OOP. It seems that for your family, it can work by mix and match the meals you order. We used to do this whenever my DGD was little. We had no idea the CS credits were pooled and ordered according to what we paid for. My DD would sometimes eat the kids meal because DGD liked something on the adult menu. The CS meals are generous so there wasn't always plenty of food to share.

Just an FYI. Not only can you not use child credits for an adult meal, but you can't use an adult credit for a child meal. My adult daughter wanted kid crepes at BOG for breakfast and they had no way of using an adult QS credit for that. I could have purchased it, but we were trying to use up our QS credits. (This was order at the register, not preorder).

Last edited:
We seem to have the opposite problem than some others here, our girls are both adventurous and typically healthy eaters, but the child QS meals are so repetitive and boring. It was nice to have the adult menu options for that reason. Anyone else with this same situation?

Just an FYI. Not only can you not use child credits for an adult meal, but you can't use an adult credit for a child meal. My adult daughter wanted kid crepes at BOG for breakfast and they had no way of using an adult QS credit for that. I could have purchased it, but no we were trying to use up our QS credits. (This was order at the register, not preorder).
Very useful to know. Thank you for sharing.

We seem to have the opposite problem than some others here, our girls are both adventurous and typically healthy eaters, but the child QS meals are so repetitive and boring. It was nice to have the adult menu options for that reason. Anyone else with this same situation?
I upgraded my will be 9 year old grandson to 10 so he can get adult QS meals. We will do a lot of meal splitting and when he wants a kids meal, I will pay OOP. We are on the free DDP so the upgrade was only $20.

I upgraded my will be 9 year old grandson to 10 so he can get adult QS meals. We will do a lot of meal splitting and when he wants a kids meal, I will pay OOP. We are on the free DDP so the upgrade was only $20.
This is a great idea! We are on the free QSDDP and I've priced out several packages and estimated daily food costs, even with a discounted room, and keeping our current package with free dining is still the better deal. We split meals quite a bit too, it works great if you're a 'lots of small meals a day' kind of family :) I didn't even know it was an option to upgrade age. Thanks for the tip!

My daughter who lives in Orlando will be joining us for a couple of days. I know we can get 2 adult meals (and beverages!) and split it between the 3 of us just getting a milk or a juice for DGS.

Can my 10 year old get a kids meal at QS then we use his adult credit at another time? We're going to get a QS breakfast on our departure day and looking at the menu I'd rather split a few adult meals to split amongst us then get the kids meals for my kids. I have three younger kids so I did the math and we have enough kids meal credits for it to work.

Can my 10 year old get a kids meal at QS then we use his adult credit at another time? We're going to get a QS breakfast on our departure day and looking at the menu I'd rather split a few adult meals to split amongst us then get the kids meals for my kids. I have three younger kids so I did the math and we have enough kids meal credits for it to work.
I would think this would work fine. It’s really just that you’ll have that certain allotment of specifically child’s QS meals to use. Just like how you could use all of your sit down meals in one day, and use QS the other days. ...Unless others have experienced otherwise since 2020?

My DS11 doesn’t like anything off the adult menu for BOG for lunch. Does this mean we won’t be able to use an adult QS credit for a grilled cheese sandwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!