2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

Waiting for work on the special events. The tasting events, guest chef cooking events.

I have a feeling none of those will happen.

And what about park hopping. I usually go to another park for the morning and then hop to Epcot to eat and watch the various country entertainment.

Waiting for work on the special events. The tasting events, guest chef cooking events.

I have a feeling none of those will happen.

And what about park hopping. I usually go to another park for the morning and then hop to Epcot to eat and watch the various country entertainment.
Just a guess, but I don't expect to see any of that.
No beverage seminars, food and wine pairings. We have APs, but I don't expect to be able to park hop at all unless the reservation system ends before we go in October.

So much for the predictions that F&W couldn't happen because there wouldn't be any CP's to staff them.
I know this will not be a popular opinion but I wish they would have waited until next year so that a proper celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Festival could have been planned.

I'm thinking they decided to sprinkle F&G merch in early because they had so much left over since F&G closed down early. The booths are my favorite part so I'm glad those will still be happening but like another poster, we tend to hop to Epcot to eat at the booths then hop to another park so not sure how the reservation system will go for us. Also, as far as the pairings and seminars. Last year all that was sort of dumbed down anyway because they had closed down the Festival Center, if I remember right they didn't have the little food and wine pairing seminars at all last year did they? I would think those would actually be easier to do since they could space people out at tables but it might not be cost effective.

I know this will not be a popular opinion but I wish they would have waited until next year so that a proper celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Festival could have been planned.

I agree - but hopefully they just won’t count this year and do the 25th next year. I know I’m refusing to add a year to my age in 2020. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to say I was wrong about them canceling! I am happy they scaled it down a lot, though it does appear that they will skip all of the seminars, tastings and demonstrations. I think I was most happy to see that they specifically mentioned some of the street performers, hopefully that means more of the WS performers will be getting rehired.

I'm thinking they decided to sprinkle F&G merch in early because they had so much left over since F&G closed down early. The booths are my favorite part so I'm glad those will still be happening but like another poster, we tend to hop to Epcot to eat at the booths then hop to another park so not sure how the reservation system will go for us. Also, as far as the pairings and seminars. Last year all that was sort of dumbed down anyway because they had closed down the Festival Center, if I remember right they didn't have the little food and wine pairing seminars at all last year did they? I would think those would actually be easier to do since they could space people out at tables but it might not be cost effective.

I feel like last year they still existed but in much more limited form. Maybe weekends only and only one per day (vs. prior years when held all through the week and a few per day). I can understand why they'd need to take this year off. But I also think World Showplace is huge and if they wanted to provide socially distant experiences, they could. I personally really enjoy the demos.

Side note - there are now two different "sticky threads" for Food & Wine?

This is somewhat of a relief. I was nervous it was getting canceled all together. I make the value of my AP during F&W alone!

F&W continuing kind of makes sense. The sit down restaurant capacity will probably be stretched when the park gets busier with social distancing needs, so the festival is one way to still get people fed (and it has higher markups for them lol)

Not yet, this is the page you want to watch for menus to be released:

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-booths-menus-and-food-photos/
Hard to offer any advice/strategies (other than go slow if you want to try everything lol) until we know exactly how many booths are going to be available.
A CM told me yesterday that there'll be 20 booths. Not sure how accurate this is, but he specified that there will be 20 booths spread out around the park to promote social distancing regulations. Some will have F&W offerings, some will have F&G offerings.

A CM told me yesterday that there'll be 20 booths. Not sure how accurate this is, but he specified that there will be 20 booths spread out around the park to promote social distancing regulations. Some will have F&W offerings, some will have F&G offerings.

Gotcha - I wonder if it'll be an even split, I tend to enjoy the countries cuisine more than the creative cuisine that happens at F&G. That would definitely change my attack strategy lol

Any menus released yet? This will be our first time! Any advice or strategy?
I like to use this (somewhat generic) app called WDW Food & Wine (I believe). You can choose your festival, and then it has the menus, and you can select favorites, rate what you tried etc. It's awesome so I don't miss anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter