2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

I go for the events. I will miss the Hibachi Experience and all of the other "regulars" that usually end up going the same day as me. We have quit a little fun group at that event. I also like the Eat to the Beat concert, but it depends on who is playing. But most of all, I just miss being at WDW. I don't even need to go on a ride, I can walk around Epcot all day.

I am happy that F&W will be going forward, now if they will just reinstitute park hopping so I can hit EPCOT everyday, F&W would be grand!

I am very much hoping that park hopping will be back by the time I go in October. That will give them over 2 months to get a system down. Epcot is my favorite park and I can just wander around world showcase all day and it has the best food. I also hate loosing a half a day because to me, HS is not a full day but I do want to go on the Star Wars rides and the new Mickey and Minnie one.

State of Florida suspends alcohol consumption at bars starting today... Do the F&W booths count as “bars”? What about QS dining locations? I have a late July 2020 trip booked and I’ve rolled with a lot of punches from changes. This one may be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

State of Florida suspends alcohol consumption at bars starting today... Do the F&W booths count as “bars”? What about QS dining locations? I have a late July 2020 trip booked and I’ve rolled with a lot of punches from changes. This one may be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

I think they mean stand alone bars. There is some evidence that numbers are rising because of people in the close quarters of bars spreading Covid. They want to stop people from being packed into small areas. It has nothing to do with the alcohol so I would assume that open booths selling alcohol would be fine. But, who knows.

I wondered the same thing - if this would prohibit Disney from selling wine at the F&W Fest (or anywhere else on property).

I've seen that Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar and Dockside Margaritas have closed, not sure about the "pop up" bar carts they have at DS. I think those would be a good indicator of the F&W stands.

Last edited:
I think they mean stand alone bars. There is some evidence that numbers are rising because of people in the close quarters of bars spreading Covid. They want to stop people from being packed into small areas. It has nothing to do with the alcohol so I would assume that open booths selling alcohol would be fine. But, who knows.
Agreed. The booths tend to also sell an equal amount of food and alcohol, if not more food (per the emergency order, no more than 50% of gross revenue from establishments can be alcohol). I don't see the F&W booths being an issue, especially since they aren't formal bars with seating and "to-go" alcohol is allowed.

I've seen that Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar and Dockside Margaritas have closed, not sure about the "pop up" bar carts they have at DS. I think those would be a good indicator of the F&W stands.
A site that cannot be named here reported that the pop-up drink kiosks were closed this afternoon in Disney Springs. But, of course, take with a few grains of salt.

A site that cannot be named here reported that the pop-up drink kiosks were closed this afternoon in Disney Springs. But, of course, take with a few grains of salt.

I think that they probably did that in an overabundance of caution. It happened so fast and with so little information that it was safer to assume that all "bars" were supposed to close. I imagine as they get clarification that those can remain open, they will open them back up.

Ready for menus to be released! We won’t really miss the concert series, we just like the food! Can’t wait!
Very curious to see menus and if they’ll also be a mashup of festivals or pretty similar to last year’s F&W. Might not know until people start posting pics of the signs on 7/15.

We cancelled our summer trip because of Covid, but still have Food and Wine booked for September. Not sure if we will keep the reservation at this point.

We cancelled our summer trip because of Covid, but still have Food and Wine booked for September. Not sure if we will keep the reservation at this point.

It is a tough call. I have an October trip and I am just going to wait and see. I am lucky that my job is flexible with my time off and my boss completely understands the situation and so cancelling last minute won't be a problem for me. Every time we think that things are getting better, the numbers spike.

I am glad it is making a return, specifically because I am happy to see people will be employed.

However, I don't think constantly taking a mask off to eat and then putting it back on is going to be a good time.

Restaurants are one thing, because you are seated for a long time and people don't expect you to put the mask back on in between courses. But F&W, you have a small amount at each little kiosk, so it's going to be "put mask on, walk to next booth, buy food and drinks, take it off to eat for about five minutes, put it back on, walk to next booth...."

I will remain hopeful for a full return next year.

Maybe they'll bring back my darn CONCH SALAD.

I am glad it is making a return, specifically because I am happy to see people will be employed.

However, I don't think constantly taking a mask off to eat and then putting it back on is going to be a good time.

Restaurants are one thing, because you are seated for a long time and people don't expect you to put the mask back on in between courses. But F&W, you have a small amount at each little kiosk, so it's going to be "put mask on, walk to next booth, buy food and drinks, take it off to eat for about five minutes, put it back on, walk to next booth...."

I will remain hopeful for a full return next year.

Maybe they'll bring back my darn CONCH SALAD.

It's no different then taking your mask off to drink. I dehydrate easy and carry water with me all day that I drink. I will have to step to the side often to drink water. Plus, a person does not spend all day eating. I can usually eat about 3-4 of the plates before I start to get full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter