2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

Questions about “weekends” at Food and Wine?

Which food booths are only available on the weekend?
What days are the weekend for this? Saturday and Sunday only? Or are these limited booths open on Friday?

Thanks in advance. We usually hop to Epcot almost every day, but we only have 3 Epcot reservations for our upcoming trip, and only a partial day on a Saturday. If Friday counts as “weekend” then we should be fine

I was there on Friday, September 25 and Alps, Spain and Islands of the Caribbean were all open. All 3 were closed on Monday the 28th, so it appears for now at least that weekend = Fri, Sat and Sun. Not sure about Donut Box and Cool Wash since neither of those were open when I was there.

I was there on Friday, September 25 and Alps, Spain and Islands of the Caribbean were all open. All 3 were closed on Monday the 28th, so it appears for now at least that weekend = Fri, Sat and Sun. Not sure about Donut Box and Cool Wash since neither of those were open when I was there.

Thanks so much!
It sounds like we should be able to hit a few weekend spots on our arrival Saturday, and finish up the rest on our last Epcot day, a Friday at end of trip. No need to stuff ourselves on our drive down day - yay!

They are selling the Belgian Waffles at the old Chocolate Studio. Weekends and holidays only. I love the berry ones.

Last edited:

Does anyone know what time the food booths close in the evening. Epcot is scheduled to close at 9pm on both of our days (Sun 11/9 and Mon 11/10.) I'm trying to map out our days a little bit so we don't miss the things we really want to try. Thank you

Is there a place that list the “days of operation” for the various booths? I didn’t see anything listed on the official WDW app but maybe I missed it? We’ll be coming for a week and a half in mid November and want to plan accordingly...

Is there a place that list the “days of operation” for the various booths? I didn’t see anything listed on the official WDW app but maybe I missed it? We’ll be coming for a week and a half in mid November and want to plan accordingly...
Yeah I’m really wondering if there is enough I’m gonna like at what’s left for a couple meals at this point. I need to go back and read here as I haven’t kept up with much but it’s really depressing to find out I won’t even be getting Belgian Waffles this year since I’m going Mon & Tues.

Heck, that’s if they’re even open as we don’t know the end date yet. Guess I better make alternate lunch plans anyway!

Looks like Alps, Spain & Islands from @summerlvr ’s experience above coincide with DFB’s post on the topic here. DFB also says Block & Hans was anticipating being weekends only IDK if that came about?

Unfortunately apparently Waffles is also on that list. (Which sounds like the stupidest thing. That has to be one of the highest margin items at the entire festival 🤦🏻‍♀️)

One of the things the park reservation system allows wdw to do is determine resources based on reservation. They want things on their terms which means little notice whether things are open or closed.

F&W booths had long lines this weekend. Especially the booths in the world Showplace! The mac and cheese line easily had 50 people in it. We noped out of there.

Waffle booth is open but had no lines at any point.

Flavors from Fire may have the best food but because it’s off the beaten path (not in the WS) the line wasn’t bad at all.

We never stumbled across the Donut Box. We couldn’t find an updated F&W map. The MDE app has a list of booths but you have to click on each one. Definitely missing the passports!

Quick rundown of our stops this past Saturday:
Refreshment Port: poutine, dole whip + rum. Hard to miss with these two. Their poutine is pretty close to authentic with the classic beef gravy. Dole whip + rum is delicious as always and much needed on 100 degree fall day.

Hawaii: Spam hash, pork bun, pineapple mana wheat beer. Spam hash is always a winner! The teriyaki sauce with the spicy mayo is great. The pulled pork bun was decent as well with lots of flavor coming through with the pineapple chutney. The beer was light and fruit, I would definitely order it again.

World Showplace - lines too long, skipped

Flavors from fire: Corned beef, chimichurri steak. The flavors here have to be some of the best at the festival. Hard to beat chips covered in beer cheese, cheese curds, and corned beef. Great game time snack. The chimichurri steak over a corn cake with slaw was probably the best bite of the day. The steak was tender and super flavorful and southwest flavor profiles are my absolutely favorite. Definitely a must try.

Coconut lime ale @ Citrus Blossom booth. We had this in August and liked it so much we had to get it again. The coconut and key lime flavors are powerful but not artificial tasting. Just delicious.

China beef bao & Shrimp chengdu fries: the monogolian beef bao bun was super soft with tender marinated meat. Solid bao. We loved the chengdu fries from the festival of the holidays but these were a bit different. These came topped with 4-5 tempura fried small shrimp and an oil based sauce studded with lots of chili flakes, topped with green onions. The oil-based sauce make this dish really greasy and heavy, and the fries weren’t fresh. Much prefer the holiday version with the the lighter spicier sauce, peanuts and cilantro.

Africa: tusker lager. This can be found at other spots around wdw so while not new to us we knew it was a solid beer and enjoyed it like always.

America carrot cake & APA: both of these were repeats from our August trip but they just pair together so well. Perfect sweet treat in a sea of savory.

Japan Samurai Sencha Ale: wow did we love this beer! It tasted a bit like a wheat beer, fermented with ginger and lemongrass flavor profiles coming through. Just amazing.

Morocco Efes Beer + hummus fries: we’ve had both of these in the past so nothing new here. If you can get them fresh the hummus fries are excellent but these had been sitting a long time and were dense and cold. Love that chipotle sauce and cucumber salsa though.

We never stumbled across the Donut Box. We couldn’t find an updated F&W map. The MDE app has a list of booths but you have to click on each one. Definitely missing the passports!

It really is off the beaten path, but it's SO GOOD. We got the chocolate and apple fritter donut holes and they were delicious. It's off by Test Track where Cool Wash was.

Does anyone know for sure what the last day of this food festival is? We are arriving on the 15th and would like to be able to go.

Does anyone know for sure what the last day of this food festival is? We are arriving on the 15th and would like to be able to go.

I have the same question, we're at EPCOT on the 17th and 19th. From the articles I've read it says that a date has not been set, or at least not formally announced anyway...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!