2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

I'm glad we went on such a whim last year, because I fear that sort of carefree "woke up and decided let's go hit up F&W" is ancient history moving forward.

My husband said, "I should have known this year was going to be weird when we were at Disney on the eve a hurricane was supposed to make landfall. It opened a portal to an alternate universe where nothing is normal anymore."

I'm glad we went on such a whim last year, because I fear that sort of carefree "woke up and decided let's go hit up F&W" is ancient history moving forward.

My husband said, "I should have known this year was going to be weird when we were at Disney on the eve a hurricane was supposed to make landfall. It opened a portal to an alternate universe where nothing is normal anymore."

So what you're saying is this is all your fault? :P

I understand the Swan and Dolphin event was cancelled but nothing has been released about the Epcot F&W - still speculation at present. Holding out hope - maybe I'm the only one who seems positive that it will still go ahead 😥🤞🏻

I understand the Swan and Dolphin event was cancelled but nothing has been released about the Epcot F&W - still speculation at present. Holding out hope - maybe I'm the only one who seems positive that it will still go ahead 😥🤞🏻
Agreed, it's speculation. I am guessing that Swan and Dolphin made this decision with some level of insight into Disney's plans (i.e. not sure they'd be canceling if they thought F&W would be full steam ahead / all systems go over in EPCOT) but who knows.

The Swan & Dolphin Festival is different than EPCOT... it’s tightly packed in the causeway between the hotels and not spread out as much... plus, it’s a two day thing and not weeks and weeks long, so I wouldn’t automatically assume that Disney will cancel just because this one has been. I also don’t think that canceling the Eat to the Beat concerts is a 100% sign that the whole festival will be canceled... the concerts are one part of the festival where of course there will be a crowd, so it probably makes sense to cancel that part so people don’t gather there... or maybe they will use that space differently.

There are definitely a lot of reasons TO cancel though; unfortunately. I think, like a previous poster said, it will come down to whether or not they can come up with a model that will still be profitable (and safe, of course!) with reduced crowds. My fingers are still crossed!

Last edited:
I think I wanted to read more into the pass holder info released that the Theme Park Select dates for Epcot were still blocked out for every Saturday during the typical Food and Wine schedule. Just looking for a little glimmer of hope...

Last edited:
Why would they cancel outdoor walk up food kiosks? Thats permitted almost everywhere in the country for phase 1. To me it would seem more practical than most of the sit down dining plans I have heard

Why would they cancel outdoor walk up food kiosks? Thats permitted almost everywhere in the country for phase 1. To me it would seem more practical than most of the sit down dining plans I have heard
Your point is well-taken. It might be an economic issue--the vendors might not be profitable with limited hours and limited capacity. Although with things changing daily, it could be entirely different by August. And there's no reason the festival has to start in August, it might get bumped to September or later.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I’m so happy they are doing some form of Festival! 20 kiosks is just fine with us!

I do feel bad for those with MNSSHP tickets... that’s a fun event... but with no parades, fireworks, character meet and greets, trick or treating or stage shows, there’s no point.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to find out what the end date for the festival will be. It could be extended to the end of the year if they decide to cancel the candlelight processional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!