2020: Time to see the West Coast (but still find time to go to Orlando too)! complete 10/22

Hi guys!

How is everyone?

It is a scary time that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. The most frightening thing to me is that the hospitals are running out of masks for us and we've taken to social media to ask for donations.

giphy.gif

I hope you and your family are all safe and healthy and remain so!

With that said, obviously this situation changes by the day. We made the decision last week to cancel our trip to Colorado and Mount Rushmore. We're very sad about it but ultimately, it was the most responsible thing to do. I'm being exposed daily at work to infected patients and I couldn't get on a plane in good conscience, knowing I might be carrying this virus and infecting others.

Everything was pretty easy to cancel since the cancellation policies have been made more lenient by most companies recently. The only one who gave me a hard time was the Holiday Inn we booked near Mount Rushmore who didn't seem aware of a global pandemic going on?! :confused3

Hopefully we'll be able to take this trip at another point later in the year or maybe next year.

May Disney Trip

It's still up in the air when Disney will be open but planning for this trip is what keeps me sane in these scary times so I'm planning for it as though it's happening!

Our FP day was on the 16th and I was able to get everything easily.

IMG-6393.PNGIMG-6394.PNGIMG-6395.PNGIMG-6396.PNGIMG-6397.PNG

The most frightening thing to me is that the hospitals are running out of masks for us and we've taken to social media to ask for donations.
Wow. That's... crazy.
We made the decision last week to cancel our trip to Colorado and Mount Rushmore.
Not surprised, but... sorry to hear that.
I'm being exposed daily at work to infected patients and I couldn't get on a plane in good conscience, knowing I might be carrying this virus and infecting others.
I think that's a very mature and intelligent course of action.
It's still up in the air when Disney will be open but planning for this trip is what keeps me sane in these scary times so I'm planning for it as though it's happening!
Good luck!
I have my resort still booked for June, but... I'm not doing anything with it right now.

Wow. That's... crazy.

It is. It's crazy and so frightening to think that one day we'll walk into work without the equipment we need to safely care for our patients? And then what do we do? :confused3 :confused3 I only hope this situation gets better quickly.

I think that's a very mature and intelligent course of action.

Thank you. :love: It's the turning 30 thing.

Good luck!
I have my resort still booked for June, but... I'm not doing anything with it right now.

I know there's a chance (probably a high chance) we won't get to go but I'm just hoping we get back to some kinda normalcy by then.

It is. It's crazy and so frightening to think that one day we'll walk into work without the equipment we need to safely care for our patients? And then what do we do? :confused3 :confused3 I only hope this situation gets better quickly.
Wow... Good luck! :hug:
Thank you. :love: It's the turning 30 thing.
:laughing:
I know there's a chance (probably a high chance) we won't get to go but I'm just hoping we get back to some kinda normalcy by then.
Nothing to do but wait and see.

First let me thank you for what you do! I hope you are staying as safe as you can <3

I'm so sorry you had to cancel that trip :( Just stay positive that you will be able to take it in the future!

Everything is so day by day, so I'm glad you are still planning on your May trip until you're told otherwise. You got some good FPs!

Hi Courtney!

I never spend time over here on the PTR page, but the West Coast in the title caught my eye and I laughed when I saw it was you!

My DD and I are planning on our first DL trip next summer and I figured while I'm home quarantined, I might as well start some research.

Sorry about you Colorado trip 😢

Praying you and the rest of the healthcare workers on the front lines stay safe :hug:

We made the decision last week to cancel our trip to Colorado and Mount Rushmore. We're very sad about it but ultimately, it was the most responsible thing to do.

It really stinks, but you made the right choice. Hopefully, things will be turning around by the time your May trip comes around.

The most frightening thing to me is that the hospitals are running out of masks for us and we've taken to social media to ask for donations.

This really is terrifying. Hopefully the social distancing efforts, coupled with various industries shifting their manufacturing capacity, will be sufficient to keep the supply of PPE ahead of demand.

We made the decision last week to cancel our trip to Colorado and Mount Rushmore. We're very sad about it but ultimately, it was the most responsible thing to do.

I'm sorry you had to cancel, but I do think you made the right choice.

The only one who gave me a hard time was the Holiday Inn we booked near Mount Rushmore who didn't seem aware of a global pandemic going on?! :confused3

Maybe they were on the same retreat as Jared Leto? :rotfl: (I heard he came back from a meditation retreat this week and was confused to hear there was a global pandemic).

Crossing my fingers that your trip isn't affected! I'm still feeling optimistic that by May they'll reopen though.

Thanks for updating us on how you've been! I remembered you were an ER nurse up north and hoped you were doing all right!

Cancelling is tough and it sucks, but we all get it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your May trip. I'm supposed to fly to the states June 10th, and I keep telling people, "I'm not talking about it because I don't want to jinx it!" :rotfl:

So sorry you had to cancel your trip, it seems to be the thing right now, ugh!
I sure hope things are more normal by May, this is so stressful, day by day and no end in sight!
I wanted to head to DLR this summer but Andi said she would rather go to WDW for now. We will go one day!

SO sorry you had to cancel this trip, but know you did the right thing and hopefully you will be able to go some time soon.

Did they end up giving you a refund the holiday inn? Cause if not that is INSANE Now!

I know May is still up i the air but fingers crossed for you! I have been hoping for May 1, but i just don't know every day i am just so unsure... I am really still hoping for May 1st!, but we shall see!

I never spend time over here on the PTR page, but the West Coast in the title caught my eye and I laughed when I saw it was you!

:rotfl: :rotfl: Welcome!

My DD and I are planning on our first DL trip next summer and I figured while I'm home quarantined, I might as well start some research.

The only thing keeping me sane at this point is planning vacations for when we can travel again.

Praying you and the rest of the healthcare workers on the front lines stay safe :hug:

Same to you! :love::love: I hope you and your family are all safe and healthy.

It really stinks, but you made the right choice. Hopefully, things will be turning around by the time your May trip comes around.

I hope so but who knows at this point.

This really is terrifying. Hopefully the social distancing efforts, coupled with various industries shifting their manufacturing capacity, will be sufficient to keep the supply of PPE ahead of demand.

It is so scary. I hope so! We've had a wonderful outpouring of support from the community but I just hope it's enough.

Maybe they were on the same retreat as Jared Leto? :rotfl: (I heard he came back from a meditation retreat this week and was confused to hear there was a global pandemic).

Omg :rotfl: maybe lol. I heard they're currently filming Big Brother in another country (Australia maybe?) and they had to break the news to the contestants in the house. Can't imagine how scary that was!

Crossing my fingers that your trip isn't affected! I'm still feeling optimistic that by May they'll reopen though.

I was feeling optimistic they'd be open by then but I'm starting to doubt it every day.

Thanks for updating us on how you've been! I remembered you were an ER nurse up north and hoped you were doing all right!

Thank you for thinking of me 🥰 🥰 . It's a scary time for sure. How are you guys doing over there?

Cancelling is tough and it sucks, but we all get it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your May trip. I'm supposed to fly to the states June 10th, and I keep telling people, "I'm not talking about it because I don't want to jinx it!" :rotfl:

That's kinda how I feel about it at the moment too lol. I'm not planning anything more for it- I'm just ignoring it and hoping we have any kind of normalcy back by that point!

I sure hope things are more normal by May, this is so stressful, day by day and no end in sight!

I hope so too! It's so stressful to not know how things are going to be tomorrow- I barely sleep anymore.

I wanted to head to DLR this summer but Andi said she would rather go to WDW for now. We will go one day!

We put off Disneyland for so many years because it's so much easier and more convenient to go to WDW but I'm excited to finally go!

Did they end up giving you a refund the holiday inn? Cause if not that is INSANE Now!

They did but they gave me such a hard time about it! I literally had to tell the woman on the phone that I'm an ER nurse working with COVID patients and could infect their hotel and then have her get a supervisor. :confused3 :confused3 And literally the hotel was like $60 a night so I wasn't gonna lose that much money but it was the principle of the matter to me,

I know May is still up i the air but fingers crossed for you! I have been hoping for May 1, but i just don't know every day i am just so unsure... I am really still hoping for May 1st!, but we shall see!

I am too but I'm losing hope each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!