2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

I’m in so fla and if it was heading right for us they would put the news on 24/7 with no regular programming. That hasn’t happened so I think we will be ok down here. I sadly took down all my trader Sam tiki mugs from my enchanted tiki patio at my house in preparation just in case. We have hurricane windows so there’s nothing else to do but wait and watch Mother Nature’s fury out the windows. I hope the whole east coast of the state stays out of the path we don’t need more crap to deal with right now.
Disney is usually safe as long as the storm doesn’t cut across the middle of the state (which rarely happens) because it’s in the center of the state.

We've lived in Florida for 23 years. People worry way too much about Orlando, when a hurricane is approaching. It's too far inland to have significant damage. Yes, there may be rain & some wind with a strong hurricane, but I've never seen any significant damage as far inland as Orlando is. I've also never seen a tornado do major damage in Orlando. WDW is a great place to be, if there's a hurricane hitting Florida.

Last edited:
This is one ugly looking storm lol

hpfiJAE.png

Hurricane charley went right through Orlando and did a lot of damage. Charley came ashore in punta Gorda (west coast) and went right up the center of the state. My daughter had to evacuate UCF, after Hurricane I drove back to Orlando and saw all the damage.

Last edited:

Watching the Governor now. Isaiah is expected to be upgraded again tonight to hurricane status.

Chad Meyers (meteorologist CNN) explaining now that convection is reforming on the north side of the storm - meaning it is feeding in the warm Gulf Stream and will strengthen.

He says not likely to be a cat 2... but a Cat 1 is likely...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!