2020 Watch??

When I spotted it earlier today and the link didn't work, to me it made sense because there's nothing to link it to yet. I thought they'd just prepped it ready for next week.
This was how I interpreted it as well

I saw that in another group that Disney has added Boston and Castaway Cay to the Ports of Call for transatlantic cruises. It can't be long until the new dates are released.

Boston was already under the TA Port Adventures and has been for a while - I know because we are on the DVC member cruise this October that goes to Boston and Bermuda and that's where we found our excursion options for Boston.

Boston was already under the TA Port Adventures and has been for a while - I know because we are on the DVC member cruise this October that goes to Boston and Bermuda and that's where we found our excursion options for Boston.
I wondered. I know that there was a EBTA that went to Boston in the past. I wasn't sure if the person who posted had been watching regularly and it was new or if it had been there for awhile.

I had read a while back on "MickeyBlog.com" that 2020 fall will be released on May 21st - I have not seen this anywhere else to confirm.

I hope to book our second cruise. As Silver Castaway, do you have to call to book the cruise - or will you be able to do it online once the window opens up?

I had read a while back on "MickeyBlog.com" that 2020 fall will be released on May 21st - I have not seen this anywhere else to confirm.

I hope to book our second cruise. As Silver Castaway, do you have to call to book the cruise - or will you be able to do it online once the window opens up?

Not exactly, this is what it says on mb.com " Last year, sailings for Fall/Winter 2019 opened up for booking on May 21, 2018 so we would expect something similar this year! This means that these bookings may open up in less than 2 weeks!"

That blog doesn't know any more than any other person except for DCL executives. I think we are probably looking at an announcement on May 30th (last Thursday of the month)....time, as they say, will tell.

As for booking your next cruise, unless you have a placeholder you can book online when they open up bookings to Silver. A placeholder can only be used by calling DCL directly.

I am on the EBTA right now and the vacation planning desk has no idea when they’re coming out next. Usually the person who is on duty knows by now. I think I missed my opportunity. We get off the ship next Saturday. :(

Are you planning on getting married on the cruise? Our plan for 2021 is currently wedding in WDW and maybe a honeymoon cruise but today was thinking about wedding on cruise/castaway. Would just be interesting to know how others decide!

We are getting married on the cruise! We talked about a Disney world wedding but DF just didnt like the idea of it at all, I was crushed until we compromised with the cruise! We have such good memories together from the cruise so it just made sense. Plus its a way we can keep it small, and its much more affordable.

Not exactly, this is what it says on mb.com " Last year, sailings for Fall/Winter 2019 opened up for booking on May 21, 2018 so we would expect something similar this year! This means that these bookings may open up in less than 2 weeks!"

That blog doesn't know any more than any other person except for DCL executives. I think we are probably looking at an announcement on May 30th (last Thursday of the month)....time, as they say, will tell.

As for booking your next cruise, unless you have a placeholder you can book online when they open up bookings to Silver. A placeholder can only be used by calling DCL directly.

Can I call DCL directly if I have a travel agent? or do I need to call Costco and have them call DCL?

Can I call DCL directly if I have a travel agent? or do I need to call Costco and have them call DCL?
If you have a placeholder you will have to call Costco and they call Disney. Costco changed the way they did things when the summer dates came out. They only have a few people on the phone with Disney and all your info gets taken down and you will receive a call back later on in the day or the next day once they booked it for you. My wait was 7 hours for a call back....there were a lot of unhappy people as some missed out on the stateroom category they wanted because of this.

If you have a placeholder you will have to call Costco and they call Disney. Costco changed the way they did things when the summer dates came out. They only have a few people on the phone with Disney and all your info gets taken down and you will receive a call back later on in the day or the next day once they booked it for you. My wait was 7 hours for a call back....there were a lot of unhappy people as some missed out on the stateroom category they wanted because of this.
ohhh... and of course I'm hoping to do this with the panama next time around....

On gold day I hope to switch a current reservation for a new reservation. Is there any I should consider since I do have used gift cards?

I'm guessing it will be next Thursday. Tomorrow would be nice but with the holiday weekend it would make it hard for some to decide on a cruise.

I'm guessing it will be next Thursday. Tomorrow would be nice but with the holiday weekend it would make it hard for some to decide on a cruise.

But I wonder if announcing it right before the holiday weekend would help curb the crush of bookings, web site crashes, long hold times on the phone, etc.?

When the DO announce it...do they give the date of booking for each Castaway Club level, as well as when it’s open to the public? I know I should know this....

Yep - for the last few it's been booking starts Monday with Platinum and Golden Oaks members, Tuesday is gold, Wednesday silver and GP is Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter