2020Disney vacation packages early this year?

AngelaDMcLaughlin

Earning My Ears
I’m wondering if, given the number of other paid events that have been posted earlier than usual this year, Disney will release the 2020 vacation packages early this year? Normally, they are released in late May, or mid June.

Same here I’ve booked a room I just need to turn it into a package for January.

We are looking at August . Anyone know how packages are done just tickets and dining (new dvc members)

Also waiting. Do they usually open through the entire year once they do release them?

We are looking at August . Anyone know how packages are done just tickets and dining (new dvc members)

You would call to add dining to your stay, and can purchase tickets at any time (through disney or an authorized discount reseller).

Packages generally involve some kind of price break on booking a room in combination with tickets (and sometimes dining) - so as DVC you wouldn't need to wait for packages to be released since you wouldn't be booking a room.

Thanks .. just because I’ve never booked without booking a package when would dining and tickets payment be due on order or the 30 days prior to travel ?
Thank you so much . All just so new

QUOTE="siren0119, post: 60624669, member: 631667"]You would call to add dining to your stay, and can purchase tickets at any time (through disney or an authorized discount reseller).

Packages generally involve some kind of price break on booking a room in combination with tickets (and sometimes dining) - so as DVC you wouldn't need to wait for packages to be released since you wouldn't be booking a room.[/QUOTE]

Thanks .. just because I’ve never booked without booking a package when would dining and tickets payment be due on order or the 30 days prior to travel ?
Thank you so much . All just so new

QUOTE="siren0119, post: 60624669, member: 631667"]You would call to add dining to your stay, and can purchase tickets at any time (through disney or an authorized discount reseller).

Packages generally involve some kind of price break on booking a room in combination with tickets (and sometimes dining) - so as DVC you wouldn't need to wait for packages to be released since you wouldn't be booking a room.
[/QUOTE]

If you are adding tickets and dining to a DVC room reservation, you should be able to pay them all off 30 days prior to arrival. If you haven't booked a room yet, you would have to pay for the tickets in full, and then could add the dining plan once you have a room onsite booked.

Thank you . I will be booking 11 months out and then will book tixs and dining and would like the extra time to pay it all off :)
Thanks again

If you are adding tickets and dining to a DVC room reservation, you should be able to pay them all off 30 days prior to arrival. If you haven't booked a room yet, you would have to pay for the tickets in full, and then could add the dining plan once you have a room onsite booked.[/QUOTE]

I have always used a travel agent. I was concerned this year, due to the Stars Wars attraction, that there would be more people reserving resort rooms than usual and last week asked my travel agent to book for January, 2020. She said Disney won't allow her to book until the new rates are out. I usually do room only and have her add a dining plan when she does book. I've read some who say they booked months ago for 2020, so I'm confused at this point. Any ideas why they won't let travel agents book now for 2020? Thanks for any advice.

I'm not sure, but I'll ask her about that. Thanks so much for your advice.

Anyone can call and book room only now, but no one can book 2020 packages yet. I do think they will be released early, but how early remains to be seen.

I have always used a travel agent. I was concerned this year, due to the Stars Wars attraction, that there would be more people reserving resort rooms than usual and last week asked my travel agent to book for January, 2020. She said Disney won't allow her to book until the new rates are out. I usually do room only and have her add a dining plan when she does book. I've read some who say they booked months ago for 2020, so I'm confused at this point. Any ideas why they won't let travel agents book now for 2020? Thanks for any advice.

If she's trying to book online, she won't be able to access any 2020 reservations. You can book 499 days in advance but ONLY by phone and only for a room. It will be at full rack rate, and then once discounts and packages are released your TA can rebook under discounts or package deals,.

I was just on the phone with Disney for room-only and obviously, they won't tell you anything, but the CM I spoke with did say she anticipates packages at the end of June.

A package on its own may not save you anything, and might actually cost more. A Stay Play Dine or Free Dining package would be a *discounted* package. Packages with a %discount off of the room are usually available to room-only reservations as well.

None of this really applies to DVC, but I just wanted to point out that “package” does not equal “discount”.

Oh definitely - technically a "package" is a room plus any add on (dining, tickets, or both) - whether you pay regular price for them or take advantage of a deal. The package DEALS put out by Disney can *sometimes* save money....but YMMV and it always pays to run the numbers in a few different ways to see what will work best for you personally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts