2021 cruise watch thread~!

last year booking started on June 10th. I made sure I looked it up on last years email before posting. Lo

My how things have changed. This time last year we were booking newly released itineraries. This year, they’re taking them away. Hope this ends soon. DCL is the great unifier. No matter what socioeconomic or political group you come from, we can all agree on DCL. God bless all of y’all and I pray we come through these times stronger and more united than ever (and hopefully a few more DCL ships as well).

My how things have changed. This time last year we were booking newly released itineraries. This year, they’re taking them away. Hope this ends soon. DCL is the great unifier. No matter what socioeconomic or political group you come from, we can all agree on DCL. God bless all of y’all and I pray we come through these times stronger and more united than ever (and hopefully a few more DCL ships as well).

What do you mean they are taking them away?

I can see why they are continuing to delay the Fall 2021 announcement, but for those of us with 2020 PIF dates approaching, it's a bad tactic. I'll cancel rather than PIF if there are no more 2021 sailings to move my deposit to. I don't want 125% FCC, as I would rather keep my investment in any cruise line at this point as low as possible, but I'm willing to gamble my deposit to secure opening day rates. Canceling altogether ups the odds that we do something completely different for our 2021 family vacation. DCL would be smart to keep people at least semi-committed to cruising in the future.

I can see why they are continuing to delay the Fall 2021 announcement, but for those of us with 2020 PIF dates approaching, it's a bad tactic. I'll cancel rather than PIF if there are no more 2021 sailings to move my deposit to. I don't want 125% FCC, as I would rather keep my investment in any cruise line at this point as low as possible, but I'm willing to gamble my deposit to secure opening day rates. Canceling altogether ups the odds that we do something completely different for our 2021 family vacation. DCL would be smart to keep people at least semi-committed to cruising in the future

Good for them but not for us. They seem like a hero for offering 125% but what does it matter if you have nothing to put the 125% down on except for the current offerings that we don't even know whether or not are happening? We've already seen people on here that are on the 2nd round of cancellations.

Why wouldn’t they want to release new sailings so all the newly (and upcoming) canceled people have something to rebook? Last time I looked, next year’s cruises were filling up. People will be more likely to just ask for refunds if they can’t find a stateroom/date/itinerary that suits them.

Why wouldn’t they want to release new sailings so all the newly (and upcoming) canceled people have something to rebook? Last time I looked, next year’s cruises were filling up. People will be more likely to just ask for refunds if they can’t find a stateroom/date/itinerary that suits them.

It's hard to say what they will do. A Wonder crewmember just died, very possibly of Covid-19 complications. I think it's hard for them to trumpet new itineraries in the face of the tragic current circumstances. Given the current case numbers and projected trajectory in the US, I'm not sure the large ship cruise industry will survive this. I'm thinking of cobbling together a few friends for a small charter cruise for Winter 2021 instead.

With all the Disney parks having announced reopening dates (granted, Disneyland now has to reschedule theirs), that just leaves Aulani, ABD, and DCL to announce plans. Hawaii government just started lifting restrictions on tourism travel, so Aulani should be able to plan their re-opening now. Purely non-insider speculation on my part, but I suspect that we will hear an announcement of both DCL's reopening plans and their Fall/winter 2021 itinerary release either this week or next, along with similar announcements for ABD. Might have been planned for last week had they not needed to avoid making those announcements in the same news cycle as the Wonder crew member dying.

I am wondering when the Winter 2021/2022 itineraries come out? I currently have a Nov 28th 2020 Fantasy 8 day EC cruise. I am debating moving it to winter 2021 but I don't know when that schedule will come out to see what I can move it to.

Would anybody have an idea when those schedules come out? Maybe based on previous years?

Thanks!

I am debating moving it to winter 2021 but I don't know when that schedule will come out to see what I can move it to.

This is going to be a common problem with all the voluntary and involuntary cancellations. We're just running out of stuff to re-book to. There is currently less than 12 months worth of bookable DCL cruises on the books 10/04/20 to 09/27/21. There is already a thread on this board discussing how the concierge and veranda rooms are drying up.

My guess is that they won't do anything special given the circumstances. And they might keep all of them domestic for the time being. So only based out of New York, Florida, Texas and California. Might have to take a year off from Canada and Europe

I wouldn't expect Disney to announce any new itineraries until Disney knows how they can resume cruise operations - and where. At some point, they will have to modify their 15 month policies as things drag out, which probably will happen before cruising resumes.

I'm interested in seeing what the Dream/Fantasy will be getting upto in 2021, especially since theyve been outfitted for use in special emission areas such as Alaska.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!