2021 discounts

marinejjh

DIS Veteran
When will dicounts be offered for 2021 and where can I look to see what offers are available if there are any?

I think it's highly unlikely that there will be any decent offers or discounts for 2021.

Why would you think this ? Disney is currently DRASTICALLY discounting. Travel isn't going to just snap back any time soon. In fact, with the economic damage done by Covid 19, even if it were to suddenly disappear, its likely travel will be impacted for a considerable time despite that.

Disney IS going to be discounting 2020.

When will dicounts be offered for 2021 and where can I look to see what offers are available if there are any?

As for when ? Well, I have no idea. Their usual discounting schedule has been thrown to the wind due to covid 19. Normally we know, roughly, what time of years discounts will be released for other times of years. But currently ? No idea. Mousesavers has a list of when promotions have been released in the past.

Why would you think this ? Disney is currently DRASTICALLY discounting. Travel isn't going to just snap back any time soon. In fact, with the economic damage done by Covid 19, even if it were to suddenly disappear, its likely travel will be impacted for a considerable time despite that.

Disney IS going to be discounting 2020.
I think you mean 2021. I would like to think they would, but, until we know the numbers of people still going to the parks despite the current crisis then I wouldn't actually like to predict this with certainty. They are doing discounts for Florida residents, but, are they giving incentives to guests from the rest of the US?
I remember there being huge incentives when numbers fell after 9/11, even for UK guests, but, times have changed. I was due to fly out today and I am stuck at home itching to get back there once the travel ban is gone and it is safer. I doubt if I'm the only UK guest feeling like this. The money I would have spent on my trip is safely stashed away for that. Next year is the 50th Anniversary and it's going to be packed if this crisis is on it's way out, before this all happened I priced a trip with dates that included October 1st and the price of the rooms then were ridiculous, it didn't click as to why it was this expensive compared to this year, over £1000 more for identical dates. Then I remembered.
Even if there are discounts I doubt if resort rooms and park tickets will be cheaper in real terms. Those who will benefit will be AP holders and FL residents.

I think you mean 2021. I would like to think they would, but, until we know the numbers of people still going to the parks despite the current crisis then I wouldn't actually like to predict this with certainty. They are doing discounts for Florida residents, but, are they giving incentives to guests from the rest of the US?
I remember there being huge incentives when numbers fell after 9/11, even for UK guests, but, times have changed. I was due to fly out today and I am stuck at home itching to get back there once the travel ban is gone and it is safer. I doubt if I'm the only UK guest feeling like this. The money I would have spent on my trip is safely stashed away for that. Next year is the 50th Anniversary and it's going to be packed if this crisis is on it's way out, before this all happened I priced a trip with dates that included October 1st and the price of the rooms then were ridiculous, it didn't click as to why it was this expensive compared to this year, over £1000 more for identical dates. Then I remembered.
Even if there are discounts I doubt if resort rooms and park tickets will be cheaper in real terms. Those who will benefit will be AP holders and FL residents.

You are correct, I meant 2021, and we are already seeing discounts for 2021. We are booked (dvc) for May and Aug ... and I just hope to heaven that things are good enough we can do. The real issue is the Canadian border for us. I actually think people reported seeing single day ticket price increases in 2021 ? I thought I saw that ? But yes, we were also able to buy new APs for our May Trip, which will cover Aug, and then May 2022. But ... we might just hit up fall or Christmas 2021 as well because, like you, we have a massive pent up desire for some disney time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!