2022 cruise release?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Since I seriously doubt we will cruise next year, I was wondering when Disney will release the 2022 cruises? Any idea? Would it be much later than normal due to the situation now?

Since I seriously doubt we will cruise next year, I was wondering when Disney will release the 2022 cruises? Any idea? Would it be much later than normal due to the situation now?
Really, no way of knowing when DCL will release itineraries with this situation.

Historically, generally it's around 18 months out, and over the last few years DCL seems to have adopted this pattern for release dates on new cruises:
  • "Winter": first cruise in the new year up to April/May (not including spring Panama Canal and Transatlantic) – sometime between late September to early November
  • "Summer": cruises from about May to August/September (not including fall Panama Canal and Transatlantic) – mid February to early April.
  • "Fall": September until the end of the year (ending with the last cruise starting in the old year) – generally around May.

Really, no way of knowing when DCL will release itineraries with this situation.

Historically, generally it's around 18 months out, and over the last few years DCL seems to have adopted this pattern for release dates on new cruises:
  • "Winter": first cruise in the new year up to April/May (not including spring Panama Canal and Transatlantic) – sometime between late September to early November
  • "Summer": cruises from about May to August/September (not including fall Panama Canal and Transatlantic) – mid February to early April.
  • "Fall": September until the end of the year (ending with the last cruise starting in the old year) – generally around May.
Thanks. I know it will probably be much later than normal.

I'm still waiting for them to release fall 2021 cruises. Hope they'll do that sooner rather than later. Not holding my breath, though, as Disney hasn't been chatty lately.

I wonder if they will end up releasing everything but the Wish and then do that later on with all the uncertainty surrounding construction at the moment?

Just a speculation obviously.

Who watches the watchers??

Ah, the quis custodiet ipsos custodes question. I so infrequently get to use my book learnin' here.

The answer would depend whether you think like Socrates or Glaucon (millenial/Gen Y type). Glaucon's answer would be that such a thing is unnecessary. But, if you're smart, like Socrates, the watchers would be manipulated through the concept of the 'noble lie' which would condition the watchers so they would instinctively watch correctly and not become corrupt.

And now you know. And knowing is half the battle . . .

I am a platinum member and want to book a Jan 2022 but am wondering if anyone knows where the release date is announced. DCL says they have no clue and I will have to check the website daily. Really? Every day for months? Must be an easier way. I want to book before available to the public but can’t seem to figure out how to find that out. Any advice?

I always get an email a few days in advance from my Disney travel agent. This gives me enough advance notice to decide what itinerary to book.

There are also some blogs relating to Disney Cruises that send out newsletters, when something is about to happen.

I am a platinum member and want to book a Jan 2022 but am wondering if anyone knows where the release date is announced. DCL says they have no clue and I will have to check the website daily. Really? Every day for months? Must be an easier way. I want to book before available to the public but can’t seem to figure out how to find that out. Any advice?

We use the below estimated release timetables based on historical releases. Please keep in mind, this year is an anomaly due to Covid, so do not use this year's release dates as any kind of normal indicator.

Jan-Apr/May itineraries are released anywhere from 09/28 to 11/09
May-Aug/Sept itineraries are released anywhere from 02/15 to 04/05
Sept-Jan1st itineraries are released anywhere from 05/10 to 06/06

So if you are wondering when Jan 2022 itineraries will be released, a best estimate on a normal year would be somewhere between 09/28/2020 to 11/09/2020. Obviously this is not a normal year with Covid, the last DCL itinerary release was nowhere near the above schedule, so itineraries released in 2020 are really out of whack and hard to estimate.

I'd guess they'll release 2022 dates anywhere from mid-November to early December. They'll have a somewhat better idea about the resumption of cruising then, and it will allow people to reserve those cruises during the holiday season when they'll be in the mood to splurge.

I don't think DCL will wait until they know for sure how cruising will resume- they can't afford that. They need down payments to keep coming in, and likely cruises for current customers to transfer their money to after their winter '21 cruises are cancelled.

We have an OBB that expires December 2021. I just heard from our travel agent yesterday that Disney is willing to let us extend the discount through May of 2022, but I have to book it by the end of October THIS YEAR. Does that mean they're releasing early 2022 soon? Otherwise, how could I possibly book it in the next two months?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter