2022....Does it feel like "let's go" to anyone else??!!

I used to always book flights quickly to assure I got the legs (and sometimes award fares) I wanted, but that doesn't seem as prudent anymore. I have a feeling I'll be booking my flights after PIF for awhile now..!
Yes, same here, I am all about booking 11 months in advance. My issue now is that I cannot research flight schedules and fares to make a plan and a budget. When I research the same flight days in 2021 for my 2022 WBPC cruise, it's hard to say how it will change in one year.
At the moment, there are not a lot of airlines flying from Europe to New Orleans with decent schedules, and the fares are messed up. British Airways offers now a fare of 275 EUR ($325) to get to New Orleans and return from San Diego. I know these prices will go up, but how much? :)

Yes, same here, I am all about booking 11 months in advance. My issue now is that I cannot research flight schedules and fares to make a plan and a budget. When I research the same flight days in 2021 for my 2022 WBPC cruise, it's hard to say how it will change in one year.
At the moment, there are not a lot of airlines flying from Europe to New Orleans with decent schedules, and the fares are messed up. British Airways offers now a fare of 275 EUR ($325) to get to New Orleans and return from San Diego. I know these prices will go up, but how much? :)

Yeah, I don't know of a historical fares site... but I'm not sure that would help us in any case since this is unprecedented! I do keep hearing that the industry isn't expecting things to go 'back to normal' for three years, so I would imagine rates will stay low for a little while. My curiosity is on what happens initially though - once things DO open up fully I imagine there will be a little rush to book things from pent up demand and with reduced capacity that may not be good for the consumer.

Yeah, I don't know of a historical fares site... but I'm not sure that would help us in any case since this is unprecedented! I do keep hearing that the industry isn't expecting things to go 'back to normal' for three years, so I would imagine rates will stay low for a little while. My curiosity is on what happens initially though - once things DO open up fully I imagine there will be a little rush to book things from pent up demand and with reduced capacity that may not be good for the consumer.
I work for an airline but it's really hard to predict what's going to happen. I think the last aim is to be back on track in 2024.

What we did see when Europe was opening up again the first time, everyone booked. But then one by one countries closed again, or governments urged their citizens to return. People getting stuck in foreign countries... Big mess. When I went to Germany in August, my choice for Germany was based on that if needed I have also the option to take a train back if flights are not going, or ask someone to pick me up by car (as a very last resort).

Getting stuck scared off a lot of people. I think a lot of people will wait till they are sure that they can come and go without a problem. Especially those with children or people who cannot quarantine upon return, those will be extra careful.

I think fares will be very interesting, but routes as well. Every airline has cancelled their routes that were least successful, that impacts so many connections with partners. I prefer to fly my own airline, but if I can get there faster and/or cheaper with the competition... Then I'm not very loyal anymore ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter