20th Century Fox Takeover

DisneyDetective

DIS Veteran
Was just wondering with your media knowledge on what you thought about the potential buyout of 20th Century Fox by either Disney or ComCast?

Was just wondering with your media knowledge on what you thought about the potential buyout of 20th Century Fox by either Disney or ComCast?

I think it makes total sense. The Marvel movie brand is huge..you buy Fox you buy the movie rights to the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool...that gives Disney the ability to expand the MCU brand into those properties without doing another Sony/Spider-Man-like deal. Disney/Marvel tried replacing the X-Men with the Inhumans concept in both the comics and tv...hasn't quite worked out the way they wanted. X-Men via Fox has hit a wall and is overall a confusing mess...same for the Fantastic Four. Deadpool on the other hand is a hit. Marvel can redo the X-Men and the FF and incorporate Deadpool into the MCU..he'd fit perfectly. I'm sure there's more Disney's eye-ing here..but I only care about the Marvel factor. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!