26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

Enjoying your trip report as usual. I live on Long Island, West Islip, 10 minutes from Oakdale! My mom and brother live in Oakdale. Small world.

I love Oakdale........mum and I stayed for two weeks in one of my cousins home in Oakdale in 2014 then we stayed 16 nights at the HGI beside the airport in 2016 and spent all our time with them except for 4 days in the city in both trips............love it there!

We spent time in Sayville and all round about similar little towns and visited a few wineries with my cousin and aunt. Ate a few meals in The Snapper Inn.....really liked it there and many other places.

Yep, we love that area.......I could live there!!! We’ll be visiting for the day in July when Tom and I go back the city for 5 nights, but will definitely get the train out again........

It really is a small world.........:D

I love Oakdale........mum and I stayed for two weeks in one of my cousins home in Oakdale in 2014 then we stayed 16 nights at the HGI beside the airport in 2016 and spent all our time with them except for 4 days in the city in both trips............love it there!

We spent time in Sayville and all round about similar little towns and visited a few wineries with my cousin and aunt. Ate a few meals in The Snapper Inn.....really liked it there and many other places.

Yep, we love that area.......I could live there!!! We’ll be visiting for the day in July when Tom and I go back the city for 5 nights, but will definitely get the train out again........

It really is a small world.........:D
Sayville is a nice little town with cute little shops. I love the Snapper Inn and it's always fun going out to the wineries. So pretty out there. Have you been to Greenport? That's a pretty little town too.

Never been to Greenport, name doesn't ring a bell........

There are so many gorgeous places there and we did go quite far some days. I loved Port Jeff, Fire Island and many other places.......and the wineries were somewhere I could just live around happily.......:thumbsup2

I loved learning more about the Vanderbilt connection.......they are a fascinating family!!!!

I'm very embarrassed to say I just finished this TR. I am hopelessly behind, but loving every minute of the catch-up!

As always, this report is a delight, especially with your special celebrations! Congratulations on 25 years of wedded bliss :lovestruc We celebrated 25 earlier this year (and I also had that special birthday), but the fabulous jewelry you received didn't come my way...not complaining, I was able to do a special Girls' trip to Disneyland (my first time, so much easier to get around than WDW), and three trips to WDW for races (DH is the real runner, but this was exactly right for us). Plus two trips to NYC (DS is in college there), and one to Chicago. It was a busy travel year but plenty of celebrating all around! I so enjoyed reading about your celebrations, just a perfect reflection of you as a couple. :flower:

Maria :upsidedow

I'm very embarrassed to say I just finished this TR. I am hopelessly behind, but loving every minute of the catch-up!

As always, this report is a delight, especially with your special celebrations! Congratulations on 25 years of wedded bliss :lovestruc We celebrated 25 earlier this year (and I also had that special birthday), but the fabulous jewelry you received didn't come my way...not complaining, I was able to do a special Girls' trip to Disneyland (my first time, so much easier to get around than WDW), and three trips to WDW for races (DH is the real runner, but this was exactly right for us). Plus two trips to NYC (DS is in college there), and one to Chicago. It was a busy travel year but plenty of celebrating all around! I so enjoyed reading about your celebrations, just a perfect reflection of you as a couple. :flower:

Maria :upsidedow

Oh Maria, I’m just glad to read you enjoyed it........late or not......lol.......

Congratulations on your special anniversary and birthday too!!! And sounds like you have done some amazing trips this past year.......everyone says Disneyland is so much easier to navigate........and having your son in NYC is a perfect excuse to keep visiting.......not that we need much of an excuse as it’s an amazing city!!

I do admire your running though!!! Again, heard so many good things about the races at wdw.......it does look fun......if you like running of course......lol......but any type of celebration is good as long as you’re together.......that’s all that counts really isn’t it.

Thank you for the lovely comments :goodvibes I’m so happy you enjoyed reading along........:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter