Currently on the trip & looking over the Tuscan countryside as I type!

So far, we've had connecting rooms. A few groups are separated by a few doors in Artimino, but it's a small villa & seems quite safe.

Limited access to laundry, but we hope to get it done today (our free day). But are sharing 1 machine with all.

Decent hair dryers in all rooms unless you have long hair. Need adapters & the plugs here in Artimino are older & only the universal adapter fits.

Kids are all swimming @ 9 am before our pasta class.

The Bernini Bristol doesn't have a pool. It seemed to have one somewhere but it was only for some type of high level hotel guest. We were a bit disappointed in that - but the roof deck was beautiful, and we didn't have much time there anyway. The pool in Tuscany is lovely. We had a different hotel for Venice, so can't comment on the pool.

We had to switch rooms at the Bernini Bristol to get connecting rooms but it wasn't a problem at all. In Tuscany our rooms didn't connect, they were right next to each other, though. (Venice - different hotel). We had my mom traveling with us and our kids so we had at least one adult in each room; I would have been more concerned if that hadn't been the case.

The trip is awesome and you will have a great time!

@mapsd...Thank you so much for your on site comments! Wish I was there now too! Is the pool heated in Tuscany? We are Floridians and prefer the warmer pools :goodvibes

@glassslipper2004...Thanks for your reply :wave2:

Currently on the trip & looking over the Tuscan countryside as I type!

So far, we've had connecting rooms. A few groups are separated by a few doors in Artimino, but it's a small villa & seems quite safe.

Limited access to laundry, but we hope to get it done today (our free day). But are sharing 1 machine with all.

Decent hair dryers in all rooms unless you have long hair. Need adapters & the plugs here in Artimino are older & only the universal adapter fits.

Kids are all swimming @ 9 am before our pasta class.
Wheeee! I hope you're having an amazing time!!!!

Sayhello

@mapsd...Thank you so much for your on site comments! Wish I was there now too! Is the pool heated in Tuscany? We are Floridians and prefer the warmer pools :goodvibes

@glassslipper2004...Thanks for your reply :wave2:

My guess is a few degrees cooler than what you're used to, but still comfortable.

There are hair dryers in all three Hotels.
The unit in Artimino is similar to those found on cruise ships, basically a vacuum hose.

I found all of them to be lacking in power. I had my own travel size one (dual voltage) and it was much much better.

The pool in Artimino is not heated. We went in September and again in May, and the pool was too cool for any adult swimming. I would think kids might enjoy it though.

There are no public laundry facilities in the Rome or Venice hotels.
Someone on the boards mentioned that there was a laundry room out by the pool in Artimino, but I can't confirm that

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

@corky441...Thanks for the reply. Based on this, I'm definitely bringing my own hair dryer!

Was there a safe in all the hotel rooms? Should I get an anti theft purse for touring?

lovetotravel said:
@corky441...Thanks for the reply. Based on this, I'm definitely bringing my own hair dryer!

Was there a safe in all the hotel rooms? Should I get an anti theft purse for touring?

All the hotels had safes in the closets. We found them to be adequately sized. We had plenty of room for two Kindles, an iPad, passports, wallets and a jewelry roll.

I personally wouldn't bother or worry about getting an anti theft purse. If you're concerned, I would just look for a cross body bag.

I've used my " ebag piazza " bag on three ABD trips and three cruises. It's compact, but I'm always amazed at the amount of "stuff" I can cram into it. Some of the pockets are so well hidden, I've actually lost things I put in then because I couldn't find the pocket. It's a great travel bag

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter