2nd Round of Regular Free Dining to be announced for Disney Visa Cardholders

Ladybugsy

DIS Veteran
From DTB:

"

New 2019 Discounts for Disney World, Including More Free Dining!
By Tom Bricker Discounts 2 Comments

2Save

orange-bird-epcot-flower-garden-festival-disney-world-787.jpg

Walt Disney World has released new promotions for 2019, with Free Dining and room-only hotel discounts plus bonus gift cards being among the money-saving offers released. These are for pre-Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, a time that is rumored to be abnormally light in terms of bookings. In this post, we’ll take a look at the various new special offers Walt Disney World has released and provide some commentary about the deals.

The big one here is Free Dining, which returns and is available exclusively to Disney Visa Credit Cardholders for arrivals August 1 through August 21, 2019. This offer follows the normal rules of Free Dining

This second wave of Free Dining must be booked by June 16, 2019. A 4-night minimum stay is required, as is the purchase of a 4-day Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus park ticket. A valid Disney Visa Chase Credit Card or rewards card must be used to pay the deposit.

This deal appeared before disappearing from DisneyWorld’s promo page…which is not the first time this has happened with the Visa offers; we are expecting it to reappear later this morning once Disney Visa has a chance to officially announce it. In any case, it’s available for booking now with the hack above!"

Hi there,
The dates are stated in the post for August 1st through the 21st. Booking to begin at any time through June 16th :) There is also this info:

This deal appeared before disappearing from DisneyWorld’s promo page…which is not the first time this has happened with the Visa offers; we are expecting it to reappear later this morning once Disney Visa has a chance to officially announce it. In any case, it’s available for booking now with the hack above!

free-dining-disney-visa-summer-2019.jpg

If you’re not a Disney Visa Credit Cardholder, the news isn’t as good. Rather than the ‘full’ Free Dining offer, you have access to book something we call “Free Dining Light” now with two-thirds fewer calories than normal Free Dining! This promotion is Walt Disney World’s way of catching the attention of potential guests with those magic words that everyone loves (free food!), but without actually offering a great deal.

This discount is available at Value & Moderate Resorts for arrivals most nights from May 28 through August 21, 2019, for bookings made through June 30, 2019. The promotion offers guests staying at Value Resorts one Quick Service Meal per night and requires a minimum 3-night stay and purchase of at least a 2-day ticket.

Seldom is “Free Dining Light” the best offer available, and that remains true for Summer 2019. Our “Free Dining is Back for Summer…Well, Sorta” post from last year provides some analysis as to why we typically do not recommend this discount. That insight remains true for this incarnation of the deal, so refer to that (ignoring the dates) if you want to know more about it.

Do you have a link for the offer? Oddly enough it will not show me the free dining rate even though I have my Disney Visa linked to MDE!

If someone has a Disney Visa card can they use their card to book a room for someone else even if they won't be there?

Hmmm, trying to decide if Free Dining saves my family more than Sun-N-Fun promo @ BC. I know everyone’s family is different, but anyone ran the numbers for comparison?

I was able to access the offer for a while, but now I can't see anything except standard rates for my dates in August. Even the room only discount has disappeared.

Not sure what occurred but I was able to book it earlier today. I went incognito in google chrome and now can find the landing page here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/special-offers/resort-stay-dining-visa-package/ but can't actually get the offer to come up when you select a resort. It says offer cannot be found. I know free dining is popular but doubt it's already sold out since it just went live today. General public FD doesn't even sell out that fast unless they just didn't have very many rooms associated with it. I am thinking it's a fluke and it will be back up shortly.

Not sure what occurred but I was able to book it earlier today. I went incognito in google chrome and now can find the landing page here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/special-offers/resort-stay-dining-visa-package/ but can't actually get the offer to come up when you select a resort. It says offer cannot be found. I know free dining is popular but doubt it's already sold out since it just went live today. General public FD doesn't even sell out that fast unless they just didn't have very many rooms associated with it. I am thinking it's a fluke and it will be back up shortly.
FYI, that looks to be the Canada page. Sometimes the offers are different and you would need a Canadian address to book if that is the case. Maybe call and ask about the Visa Free Dining deal in the US?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter