2nd time - WDW or DL again

srky

Earning My Ears
Hello all, I took my daughter (10 yrs old) to Disneyland back in January and we would like to go again sometimes soon. Now, should we go to DisneyWorld this time and also visit Universal in Florida or there isn't much of a difference and just go back to DisneyLand and do the whole tour yet again (Disneyland, Universal, SanDiego)?

What do you recommned?
BTW. We had a heck of a time in California, it was just awesome.... :cool1:

If you do florida, and other parks besides Disney, i would reccomend a minimum 10 days.......

Disneyland and WDW are different! I have been to WDW twice, and Disneyland four times. They are both great! The major difference is SIZE!
In Florida there are 4 parks, two water parks and downtown disney. Not to mention, Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Universal stuios and Islands of Adventure within the immediate area. Order the planning video for WDW and take a look. Also the boards for WDW are great!

They both are so different. We love both parks for different reasons.

We go to DL because of the proximity and closeness, but we love to getaway and take nice long trips to WDW everyother year.

If you've never been to WDW (and you have the means/time/etc.) to go, I say go to WDW. It's such a cool experience and seeing Cinderella Castle is amazing. Not to all the amazing resorts and restaurants.

I agree with others, go check out WDW. Each seems to have its own special experience.

Thank you all, for sure we will visit WDW than, and I might, just might go when they have a launch at the kennedy space center....

srky said:
Thank you all, for sure we will visit WDW than, and I might, just might go when they have a launch at the kennedy space center....
Great ideal!! Be sure to do all of your homework when you go. There are so many variables to WDW. Every morning and every night each park has a different early entry and extended evening hours, and each park is more busy on certain days, and the list goes on. Not to mention all of the dining options and priority seating...blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes1 The Unofficial Guide book is a good start, and the WDW DIS threads are so valuable, I can't even begin to tell you how much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :surfweb: Good luck planning! :tinker:

wouldn't expect to see WDW & other sites on a first trip there. I've only been there once, and in 5 days we didn't dent the surface of things to see and do. Well, let me restate that, if you are Disney fans and are going primarily for the Disney experience, skip the other parks and attractions on your first trip.

Unlike DLR where you can pretty much see and do everything in 3 full days, WDW could fill 7 days- easily!

If your daughter wants to do the preteen stuff, I'd say to Magic Kingdom and MGM and the Nick stuff at Universal. Maybe stay onsite at Disney on your Disney days and at the Nickelodeon resort for your other days.

I think that you could easily have too much vacation if you try to do all the southern Florida attractions in one vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter