anisha.parekh

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My fiance and I have decided we want to spend out honeymoon at Disney World. We want to spend an extended amount of time there, so we can really just relax and do EVERYTHING we always wish we did multiple times, or the things we always miss out on. What is the best way to book this? The Disney World website doesn't allow you to add park tickets and a dining plan if your stay is over 14 days. Should we book 2-3 separate bookings? This seemed sort of weird to me. We are really set on having a dining plan.

If you're going 3-4 weeks you don't want to buy tickets, you want to buy an annual pass. That may be where you're running into the booking problem because they don't sell tickets for that long of a period. I haven't heard of a time limit on the dining plan, but I think to do a ticketless package you need to call. Situations like this it may be nice to have a travel agent so they can do all the calling and coordinating for you.

Hi all,

My fiance and I have decided we want to spend out honeymoon at Disney World. We want to spend an extended amount of time there, so we can really just relax and do EVERYTHING we always wish we did multiple times, or the things we always miss out on. What is the best way to book this? The Disney World website doesn't allow you to add park tickets and a dining plan if your stay is over 14 days. Should we book 2-3 separate bookings? This seemed sort of weird to me. We are really set on having a dining plan.

As PP noted, it will not be cost effective to purchase regular park tickets if you plan to stay for 3 - 4 weeks as, in the US, you can only book up to 10 days on a regular ticket. As suggested, consider purchasing annual passes for your trip. You can either buy a Platinum pass (theme parks only) or for about $100 more you can get the Platinum Plus pass which includes the four theme parks and the 2 water parks which you may want to consider going to since you will be there that long.

If you purchase the annual passes, they will come with Memory Maker, so all of your photopass photography photos will be included in the price - that's a great savings, IMHO, particularly given how long you will be there and it's your honeymoon!

On top of that, the Annual Pass offers you up to 20% discount on tons of restaurants and merchandise. It also gives you the ability to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card which offers you even more savings on dining.

If I were you, I would book room-only, purchase the annual passes, consider getting Tables in Wonderland and do not add a dining plan. You will save much more on food and beverages using the AP and Tables in Wonderland discounts.

Also, if you are going that long, I would consider a split stay. I'm not sure what your budget is, but a MK resort/EP resort/AKL split could be fun!

First of all, congratulations and what a fun honeymoon! Given how long you’re planning on staying the PP’s suggestion of a split stay would be a fun way to experience a couple different resort areas. You could book these separately and could choose to have the DDP on just one leg. This would free up funds to book a club level room ( or other higher room category) for the other leg. Annual pass is definitely the way to go.

First Congratulations.

Years ago before my wife and I moved to Florida we used to vacation in Disney Word for ten days to two weeks.

We are Disney Vacation Members. We used to spend the first week in a studio then move to a one bedroom for the second week. It was nice to have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer on that second week. This might work for you to get the pass/dinning options you are looking for.
I am not sure what your budget is or if you are even staying on property but this might be a nice option for part of your stay. Disney does rent out the DVC rooms for cash. The only thing with DVC rooms is they usually do not get daily housekeeping.

As far as Passes, years ago the break even point Annual passes verses park hopper was about ten days so this is something to look at. Not sure if this still the case, an annual pass may be the way to go if plan on coming back to the park in less than a year.

As far as the dinning plans it can be good or a waste of money. My wife and I were just at Disney for a one night a few weeks ago. We buy the Deluxe plan for that one night we stay because we do a one point dinner on check in day and the a two point Brunch at the California Grill on the next day that we check out.
A few years ago we did the Deluxe plan for four days and for us it was to much food.

Good luck at planning and let us know how you do.

I believe your budget may determine the logistics. If the funds are available, I vote for separate on site hotel bookings. You would get to experience the different hotel themes. You could add 10 day Park hoppers that are good for 14 days each. You would be eligible for Fast Pass at 60 days out without restrictions. Annual Passes have Fast Pass restrictions, especially in a 30 day window. And those restrictions do change depending on whether you stay on site or off site. Price out the cost of Annual Pass vs. 2 10 day Park Hoppers. If you are looking to go to Universal or other Florida locations, you could choose to book x amount of time onsite for Disney, and x amount of time at another hotel.

I too suggest the Annual Pass
Not only do you get the merch and dining discounts mentioned above you get resort discounts that are traditionally more than any General Public discount
If you are dead set on the dining plan (which I don't recommend) then you can add it on
I think a Tables in Wonderland purchase is much wiser. 20% off, food and drink, tip added in for you at the end (no math, WINNING!)
If you are concerned with something that pays for it all before you go, take the money you'd spend on the dining plan and buy Disney Gift Cards instead (with an extra 5% off using Target's Red Card). That way, the money is spent, you can do it in payments, buying a few at a time. Same results as the dining plan.
Another knock to the dining plan, unless you are going Deluxe, you have 3, 4 weeks worth of QS credits. I can't find 3 or 4 QS meals worth eating, much less one a day for 3 or 4 weeks. The QS portion of the dining plan is a deal breaker. Deluxe is very $$$ and honestly, too much food with 3 meals every day (huge meals)

I believe your budget may determine the logistics. If the funds are available, I vote for separate on site hotel bookings. You would get to experience the different hotel themes. You could add 10 day Park hoppers that are good for 14 days each. You would be eligible for Fast Pass at 60 days out without restrictions. Annual Passes have Fast Pass restrictions, especially in a 30 day window. And those restrictions do change depending on whether you stay on site or off site. Price out the cost of Annual Pass vs. 2 10 day Park Hoppers. If you are looking to go to Universal or other Florida locations, you could choose to book x amount of time onsite for Disney, and x amount of time at another hotel.
Not staying on site they don't.

Wow! So much info. Thanks everyone.

Annual pass definitely seems like the way to go. We are for sure going to stay on site, we just prefer being where all the action is, and having a really immersed experience. Our budget I think is going to be around 12,000-15,000 CAD which I believe right now is about 9,000-11,500 USD.

I really like the idea of splitting stays at different resorts to get different themes and vibes. I looked at Davids DVC rental (is this a good website?), and its pretty affordable staying at contemporary and animal kingdom, and I think would be within our budget.

As for dining, I think you guys are right that the dining plan for that long is probably a waste of money. I will look into tables of wonderland!

David's is legit. Just know with DVC rentals you're locked in to a timeframe.

Normally I'm a fan of booking my own stuff, but I think a travel agent might be helpful in this situation. They could run the numbers/stalk for discounts/etc.

You're definitely going to want to crunch the numbers to make sure you can get what you want. For example the reservation I currently have (at rack rate) would cost approximately 5250 in US dollars for 3 weeks. That's a standard at Caribbean beach which is not where I would want to stay on a honeymoon.

Wow! So much info. Thanks everyone.

Annual pass definitely seems like the way to go. We are for sure going to stay on site, we just prefer being where all the action is, and having a really immersed experience. Our budget I think is going to be around 12,000-15,000 CAD which I believe right now is about 9,000-11,500 USD.

I really like the idea of splitting stays at different resorts to get different themes and vibes. I looked at Davids DVC rental (is this a good website?), and its pretty affordable staying at contemporary and animal kingdom, and I think would be within our budget.

As for dining, I think you guys are right that the dining plan for that long is probably a waste of money. I will look into tables of wonderland!

I can easily spend over $10K on 10 days alone (staying at deluxe resorts), so please be sure to price everything out well in advance as you may not get as much bang for your buck as you think you will especially if staying on property. Annual passes alone will cost you close to $2500 for the 2 of you.

I can easily spend over $10K on 10 days alone (staying at deluxe resorts), so please be sure to price everything out well in advance as you may not get as much bang for your buck as you think you will especially if staying on property. Annual passes alone will cost you close to $2500 for the 2 of you.

Hmmm... well if annual pass is about 2500, and I looked at David’s DVC rental, and we could stay at a deluxe for around 8-12 grand depending on which resort. Then factor in a couple grand for food I think we will be okay. What do you think?

Hmmm... well if annual pass is about 2500, and I looked at David’s DVC rental, and we could stay at a deluxe for around 8-12 grand depending on which resort. Then factor in a couple grand for food I think we will be okay. What do you think?

Just make sure to read through the terms and conditions of the DVC rental. Booking through WDW gives you far more flexibility to change and cancel your reservations and with DVC rental, you do not get daily housekeeping. Also, keep in mind, if you plan on purchasing AP's you will be eligible for any AP resort discounts. When do you plan on traveling?

Just make sure to read through the terms and conditions of the DVC rental. Booking through WDW gives you far more flexibility to change and cancel your reservations and with DVC rental, you do not get daily housekeeping. Also, keep in mind, if you plan on purchasing AP's you will be eligible for any AP resort discounts. When do you plan on traveling?
This. Unless you just want a mini kitchen with DVC I would not rent one. It’s my very least favorite places to stay. But I ain’t cooking on vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!