3 Bedroom Suite Grand Californian question

Jen580

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip and thinking about booking a 3 bedroom suite but am getting conflicting info online. Are all suites like this DVC or are some normal disney suites (not DVC?). Also, I was told there are several configurations. Is this true?

We need one of the bedrooms (for an unrelated adult in our party) to be somewhat separated just so they feel like they have a bit of privacy. But I was told that typically you have to walk through 1 bedroom to get to another bedroom. Is this accurate info?

Lastly, do all 3 bedrooms have 3 full bathrooms? Anything else I should request in terms of view maybe?

Thanks so much for your help!

As far as DVC goes there are two three-bedroom Grand Villas, 4513 and 4522. Room 4513 overlooks the pool (you can see the fireworks from it) and 4522 overlooks DCA (there is a partial view of WOC). Both are on two levels, two bedrooms upstairs and the master bedroom downstairs. There is also a pool table upstairs. The living room and kitchen are very big and there is a large dining table. Plenty of privacy as each bedroom has its own bathroom. And you certainly don't need to walk through a bedroom to get to another bedroom.

We have also stayed in 3 BR hotel suites a few times. Our favorite is 5014, because of the location (close to the lobby). As far as I remember this was actually 3 rooms (each with their own entrance into the hallway) configured as a 3 BR suite by opening the connecting doors. So definitely plenty of privacy, with each bedroom having its own bathroom, and once again no need to walk through a bedroom to get to another bedroom. We have also stayed in 4168 which had a similar configuration but we didn't like the location as much (a much longer walk from the lobby).

Here is a floor plan layout that most are like. Note the 3rd room can be accessed from the hallway.

dgch-fp-3br.jpg

We had a 2-bedroom with this configuration this past January, on the corner of the lobby overlooking pools on both sides. The corner patio was very nice.
The connecting door to the second bedroom is poorly placed, entering to the sink area.
dgch-fp-3br_edit.jpg
VGC Grand Villa would be far superior (we have done 2 GV stays), and perhaps cheaper.
Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to rent at VGC.
roomlayout_threebedroomgrandvilla.jpg

We had a 2-bedroom with this configuration this past January, on the corner of the lobby overlooking pools on both sides. The corner patio was very nice.
The connecting door to the second bedroom is poorly placed, entering to the sink area.
View attachment 402521
VGC Grand Villa would be far superior (we have done 2 GV stays), and perhaps cheaper.
Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to rent at VGC.
View attachment 402525
I’ll probably never get to rent the GV, but what are the beds? King, QQ, QQ? I can’t tell from the drawing above?

Are you asking about DVC or non DVC rooms? We stayed in a 3 bedroom non DVC room once upon a time. There are photos somewhere on this board, I looked but couldn't find them. It was essentially a two bedroom suite with a one bedroom lock off attached.

We are planning a trip and thinking about booking a 3 bedroom suite but am getting conflicting info online. Are all suites like this DVC or are some normal disney suites (not DVC?). Also, I was told there are several configurations. Is this true?

We need one of the bedrooms (for an unrelated adult in our party) to be somewhat separated just so they feel like they have a bit of privacy. But I was told that typically you have to walk through 1 bedroom to get to another bedroom. Is this accurate info?

Lastly, do all 3 bedrooms have 3 full bathrooms? Anything else I should request in terms of view maybe?

Thanks so much for your help!
I am currently staying in a non- DVC 3 bedroom suite with my son and his family and we love it. We checked in yesterday about noon and the room was not ready. We flew from TN, and the kids we a combination of tired and excited. They are 9, 7 and 5. We added club access and went up to the lounge for snacks and a drink. Decided to head into the parks and wait for our text. Came back at 4, no text. Went to the guest service desk and the lovely cast member was very apologetic, our room had been ready for a while!

Well, we walked in and what a delightful surprise. The room is beautiful. We have a nice living room, 3 bedrooms, 2 with king beds, one has a cute twin size sleeper for my grandson, and the 3 rd bedroom has 2 queens. 3 beautiful bathrooms too. I have taken pictures because I could never find much info on these rooms. I would be happy to post them if you are interested. We also have 3 nice balconies.
The hotel manager also sent up gifts for the kids as an apology for not having the room ready notice sent and a 20% certificate for the spa. Very nice touch.

Here are some of the pictures. I will post the ones of our room after. We have the room with the day bed my grandson is sleeping in.3716B3F9-0CA4-4527-9D81-48ECD6F2621D.jpegBB7659A9-8891-46F7-AE9F-8EF0418EA02D.jpeg0E471CD8-E6CE-4750-8821-C1D20E9CF5AB.jpeg

We stayed at DLH in a 3 bedroom suite. It was a 1 bedroom suite with 2 single lock offs attached. The two single lock offs had their own entrance. The 1 bedroom suite, you had access from the hall into the living area. So we basically had 3 entrances from the hall.

Recently stayed in 4522. A wonderful time as always but the villa is very much in need of refurbishment. Missing cabinet door handles in the kitchen, worn patches on the couch, scratched up furniture, damaged table lamp (with the glass lampshade in danger of falling off- bit of a worrying safety issue there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!