3 or 4 night Wonder

mm126

Mouseketeer
We have booked the 3 night Wonder. Now I am beginning to think we should have booked the 4 night. Can anyone tell me - is the day at sea worth the extra $. We are travelling with a 5 & 6 year old - this will be their first cruise.

Go with the 4 day.

Our 1st cruise was a 3 day. NOT LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

Our 2nd was a 4 day. The day is sea is definitely worth it. That's the day I relax the most.

The more days on the ship the better. Our 3rd is going to be a 7 day.

If 4 days is workable for your family. DO IT.

I agree! Go for the 4-day!!! :Pinkbounc

I haven't even sailed yet... But just all the planning and looking at the Navigators, etc.. Even 4 days is not enough!!!

PS: You might want to make sure that you book a week that will be a day-at-sea and NOT the Freeport stop.... DCL has been known to re-new their contract with Freeport and then every other week continues to be a Freeport stop. We lost our day at sea when this happened to us.

Definitely the 4 day. Remember the first day isn't that long.

I thought the 4 day was even too short. The day at sea is luxury!!

Originally posted by CRB#33
Definitely the 4 day. Remember the first day isn't that long.

I thought the 4 day was even too short.

I totally agree!! The 3 day is just a tease!!

Why is the 4 day with the day at sea better than the 4 day, day in Freeport? I've never been on a cruise, so that's why I wonder?

We did the four day with the day at freeport and I felt it was a real waste. There were too many panhandlers as soon as you got off the ship. We came back early that day and enjoyed the pool and the theatres! We are planning to go again and I am definitely booking the 4 day with the day at sea!:Pinkbounc

When the ship is at sea, they have more onboard activities. I like the days at sea! They are my favorite!

I agree about doing a 4 day instead of a 3 if it works for you. We are doing a 3 day this year because we wanted 4 days at WDW. But we will probably either do a 7 day or 4 day for the next several years. It just worked out best for us this year to do the 3 and we are already saying we know it will be too short!
DJ

Thanks for the replies. How do you know if checking website if its a Freeport stop or a day at sea? I checked the rates and its alot more for the 4 night cruise. I think we might stick with the 3 night this year and if we really like it, we'll go for a 7 night!

Hey MM, when we booked our our 4 night, it was only pennies more than the three night??? When are you planning on cruising?

Yes, I was not happy to lose our day at sea... One big reason is, how can it be a cruise if you spend the entire time sitting in port. ( I have heard the port at Freeport is a god-awful looking industrial docking area? Now that is a big incentive to want to leave the ship.... ) And, also, believe me, as one who has now planned both ways.... when you have that day at sea, it makes scheduling MUCH easier and much more relaxing! When you loose that, they essentially cram Castaway Cay, The Kids Show with Mickey, Disney Dreams, the most popular night for Palo, and just about everything else, all together on that last day. :confused:

If the time period that you are looking at shows every other cruise as a day at sea, then you know for sure.... If it shows every week as a day at sea, then be aware that the 'every-other-week' pattern could be continued... You would then look at a calander to see what weeks would change to Freeport.

I say, go for at least the 4 night! and go for the day at sea!

Wishing on a Star...we are booked on the March 4-7. I am going to check on the rates again.

Wishing on a Star...I just checked the Disney Cruise website and the 4 night cruise (cat 10) is $2904 and I couldn't tell if a day at sea was an option or if it was Freeport. We are paying $1542 for the 3 night. That's alot more...for that we'll spend a couple more days in Cocoa Beach after the cruise! I booked thru DU so I might check with them and see what kind of rate I can get for the 4 day.

Wishing on a star...I just check with DU and the March 7 4 night is $2492. That's cheaper than disney's quote but still alot more! We're sticking with the 3 night - I'm sure we will be able to have as much fun. DU also said that right now Disney has not renewed this contract with Freeport but that is subject to change. If you were on the 3 night give me some help on when to schedule Palo and what to do. We also have been to Nassau before so we are planning on staying on the boat most of the day and probably take the kids to the pirate museum.

Again, thanks everyone for their comments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter