• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Trips this year - where to stay??

eporter66

DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR
Hi all,

Our family is taking 3 trips with DVC in 2006. My wife is going with her sister in early January to run the 1/2 marathon and enjoy a few relaxing days at SSR.

I am going down with my best friend in March to celebrate our both turning 40 next year. It should be a couple great days of golf, and escaping those cold New York winters.

This fall (oct or nov) we are going down, and bring our daughter (she will be 2 1/2) for the first time. Cant wait for that - hoping to hit the food & wine fest if we go while it is on.

VWL is our top choice - as we think most of our time will be at the Magic Kingdom with her, and we love it there. So - I am going to book SSR (our home) at 11 months out, but plan on trying to switch at 7 months. We will have stayed at SSR every time, so we do want something different for this trip. Any suggestions on where to stay......?

Thanks
Eric

WIll you have a car?

We love BCV and BWV with smaller kids, you can get to MGM, EPcot and MK without having to board a bus, which means NO stroller closing if she is sleeping. Our son was 19 months when we stayed at BWV and you can take the boat to MGM and can boat or walk to Epcot, to get to MK we would boat/walk to Epcot then walk to Future world and take Monorail to MK, make sure you have hopper passes for this to work. It was GREAT and gave our son a LONG time to nap in the stroller.

Hope this helps

Thanks - great idea! We rented a car the last time we were there and now plan on doing it everytime. We have had good luck with WDW transport - but the car makes it so much more convienent. We will bring the stroller too!

Obviously we want to hit all the resorts - but getting into the Epcot resorts might be tough around that time with the food and wine fest. But - I would love to be able to walk over to Epcot!

Thanks

I think the trip with your DD should definitely be at VWL. The boat ride is a great way to get there, and it will be extra easy to go back for a nap mid day. For your Birthday trip, either SSR or OKW will be great because of the golf access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter